Danitrio Sunflower and Butterfly in photos...

Jopen

Thanks a lot for all the nice comments. I think that selling a kidney is not a good idea, Kevin does not accept kidneys as far as I know :lol:

Kevin, You ... invited yourself in the process... and I'm glad you did. You are the best eye and experience and it is a pleasure dealing with you, talking every detail, changing mind if necessary. If there is one thing that you had it was respect for the initial idea. A talk with all different alternatives can only enrich the final result. After that, it is very difficult, given the master lines, to get wrong at the end, and the heart of the artist and the skill of the artisan do miracles. It is a kind of magic that once given the ideas, nobody knows anything till the result is in front of you.. that adds thrill to the process.. yip!!!

BTW... while writing here I think Kevin has added some photos and info... and Lisa answered quite faaast (E, You are deeply ill ...he he...) ... let's see what has been added...

Kiavonne.. yes, maybe... but it winks with inocence, which nowdays is a treasure...

Desmonte... Some people have the skill, the taste and the absolute dedication needed to do things that seem impossible...

Joi... Thanks. You had the pen at LA and you can judge well my attempt to capture partially the beauty of this pen. I like it, as it is just what I asked for. I'm glad that I'm not the only one around that likes a simple but difficult style. I like to see also the fantastic underlying base Urushi, a master work itself. Yes, this pen is black, but it has a lot of life, it is simple but vibrant, and most important, it talks to me...

And please, don't ask what the kanji text says. I know that I asked for some specific text, but I do not know what the artist finally printed there... just still waiting for a translation...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3448/3377063898_1eaf38aeda_o.jpg

The Danitrio Fellowship

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jopen

• winedoc

• ethernautrix

• OboeJuan

My apologies... Mrs. Okazaki could be perfectly the sister of son Ozakaki... :blush:

Such a small house with sooo much Maki-e talent under one roof !!!

Thanks for the added info, Kevin... BTW, I dipped the pen with some Sailor Jentle Brown..... and... :puddle: :yikes: :clap1: :thumbup:

The Danitrio Fellowship

I think when the economy gets better... whenver that is, we should organize another trip to Japan. last time we had this was part sight seeing for the non-pen spouse/significant others, and of course maki-e... visiting famous sites... museums... workshops and get to talk with artists (via translator) one on one.... We truly had a good time!

Did I tell you Papa Okazaki sings a mean karaoke, and not afraid to show it. LOL.

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

I can think of so many words I could use to describe this work of art but I think only one is fully apt. Sublime!

Congratulations, thank goodness there are people like you in the world that believe in and support the work of artisans!

All the best.

Ian

Mont Blanc Alfred Hitchcock, Mont Blanc 149, Montegrappa Historia Limited editon 410/1000, Sheaffer imperial 777, Prker 51 special, Parker Duofold senior special, Stipula Tuscany dreams piston with 1.1 italic 036/351, incoming: Stipula Tuscany dreams T-flex. Parker 51 Vac, Pelikan 140. Aurora, Twsbi vac, Omas,dupont Waterman leMan 100 Opera

Kevin... Perhaps after a few Sake litres I could join Koichiro in such an adventure... but mind your ears and sensibility!!! :ltcapd: ...

Ian... You got almost the word and feeling... and yes, people like you and many other fFPNers here support this work just because we all like it, being it Urushi, Maki-e ... It is nice to see that top quality artisans are there, on the other World's End doing such perfect art works for us, people that really appereciate their obsessive-perfeccionist work

The Danitrio Fellowship

Kevin... Perhaps after a few Sake litres I could join Koichiro in such an adventure... but mind your ears and sensibility!!! :ltcapd: ...

Ian... You got almost the word and feeling... and yes, people like you and many other fFPNers here support this work just because we all like it, being it Urushi, Maki-e ... It is nice to see that top quality artisans are there, on the other World's End doing such perfect art works for us, people that really appereciate their obsessive-perfeccionist work

Thanks Jopen, it is wondeful to write with something that someone has put so much care, skill and effort in making. I would love to see a photo of all your collection together with this beautiful pen, it would make quite the sight!

All the best.

Ian

Mont Blanc Alfred Hitchcock, Mont Blanc 149, Montegrappa Historia Limited editon 410/1000, Sheaffer imperial 777, Prker 51 special, Parker Duofold senior special, Stipula Tuscany dreams piston with 1.1 italic 036/351, incoming: Stipula Tuscany dreams T-flex. Parker 51 Vac, Pelikan 140. Aurora, Twsbi vac, Omas,dupont Waterman leMan 100 Opera

I think when the economy gets better... whenver that is, we should organize another trip to Japan. last time we had this was part sight seeing for the non-pen spouse/significant others, and of course maki-e... visiting famous sites... museums... workshops and get to talk with artists (via translator) one on one.... We truly had a good time!

Did I tell you Papa Okazaki sings a mean karaoke, and not afraid to show it. LOL.

Kevin

OOOOh. don't tease. I have always wanted to visit Japan.

Joi - The Way of the Japanese Pen

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3387580367_f8a1a5c1df.jpg

You know, :hmm1: I wondered why you warned about protecting the keyboard and myself, until I drooled all over myself and my keyboard! :puddle:

I am fortunate (?) that I cannot afford to purchase one of these, because I could never write with something so beautiful. It sure is nice to look at, though. As far as eye candy goes, this pen is powdered sugar covered divinity. (if one is not southern US in upbringing, divinity may not be on your radar, but it is probably sweeter than plain sugar, as is powdered sugar).

Donnie

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

Kevin

Hey Joi,

since you are so much into Uesugi Kenshin and history stuff, you will love visiting the temple where Miyamoto Musashi dueled with Yoshioka.... you would love visiting where the fame Minamoto Yoshitsune donated his sword and armor to shinto shrine.... you would love the tale years ago when small fishing village of Wajima was able to fend off invading army of Kenshin by dressing as demons, beating war drums at a night atttack... they still performs the same dance today... not to mention all the museums... shops.... But, let's hope the dollar would be stronger and economy better :-)

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

Kevin

Hey Joi,

since you are so much into Uesugi Kenshin and history stuff, you will love visiting the temple where Miyamoto Musashi dueled with Yoshioka.... you would love visiting where the fame Minamoto Yoshitsune donated his sword and armor to shinto shrine.... you would love the tale years ago when small fishing village of Wajima was able to fend off invading army of Kenshin by dressing as demons, beating war drums at a night atttack... they still performs the same dance today... not to mention all the museums... shops.... But, let's hope the dollar would be stronger and economy better :-)

Kevin

Sigh! :cloud9:

Edited by jlepens

Joi - The Way of the Japanese Pen

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3387580367_f8a1a5c1df.jpg

Beautiful beyond words, truly. I always thought the most beautiful pen I'd seen was the one you have, Kevin which shows a woman with her back to us leaving us forever in a mystery about her face...

I had the opportunity to meet this family and was completely charmed. I sat next to Hironobu and even though we could barely communicate, he struck me as a great guy. I remember his father singing "sukiaki" with a great voice during the kareoke sessions... What a memorable experience the trip was, Kevin. I'm so grateful that you arranged it all..

skyppere

Beautiful beyond words, truly. I always thought the most beautiful pen I'd seen was the one you have, Kevin which shows a woman with her back to us leaving us forever in a mystery about her face...

I had the opportunity to meet this family and was completely charmed. I sat next to Hironobu and even though we could barely communicate, he struck me as a great guy. I remember his father singing "sukiaki" with a great voice during the kareoke sessions... What a memorable experience the trip was, Kevin. I'm so grateful that you arranged it all..

skyppere

Glad you enjoyed the trip Skip. Back were the days when 1 USD get you more than 100 yen, sigh!

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

I wonder, is this an eyedropper?

skyppere

Yup. Mikado size ED filler.

Kevin

What can I do if I'm in love with Mikados??? :thumbup:

They are beautiful designs and practical at the same time... and they've got the most sweet nibs around... and are perfect working ED's too... and give space for designs or just a plain perfect surface (ask any ebonite raw owner around...); Genkai, FT, ED and with the same nib and feed is a tad too big to be carried around except in a briefcase (a la Kevin)... but I like the round and soft forms of Mikado, to look at and to follow with the finger... and clipless.. perfect for all except for the pocket!!!

Edited by Jopen

The Danitrio Fellowship

Those photos are absolutely stunning, Jose. Excellent choice on angle and perspective. Gorgeous details. I can only dream of taking photos like that.

Truly a magnificent work of art, something to cherish for many, many years to come. Congratulations! :)

Edited by MYU

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

Wow. Simply - wow!

<span style='font-size: 12px;'><span style='font-family: Trebuchet MS'><span style='color: #0000ff'><strong class='bbc'>Mitch</strong></span><span style='color: #0000ff'>

=======

http://exploratorius.us

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t154/MYU701/people/Mr-Okazaki.jpg

And it's really cool that Mr. Okazaki is also a Star Trek fan! ;)

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist because of his shirt... If it isn't appropriate, I'll take it down though)

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small