What MBs are you using today?

Blade Runner

Switching back and forth between 1970s 149 OM and 1980s 149 M, both filled with Florida Blue.

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Ghost Plane

• mejdrich

• Tom Aquinas

First journal entry of the New Year, with my Faulkner...

post-29086-0-13507100-1325437350.jpg

"Here was a man who had said, with his wan smile, that once he realized that he would never be a protagonist, he decided to become, instead, an intelligent spectator, for there was no point in writing without serious motivation." - Casaubon referring to Belbo, Foucault's Pendulum.

Fitzgerald, fine nib, MB Midnight Blue

And, surprisingly, my Noblesse Rollerball equipped with a Pentel Energel-X 0.5 Needle Tip black gel refill. Amazingly, these inexpensive rollerball refills are a perfect fit in my MB rollerball pens and write like a dream!

post-23291-0-60705600-1325567954.jpg

post-23291-0-70961800-1325567967.jpg

post-23291-0-23396700-1325567987.jpg

Dr. Scrawl

Using my two girls today.

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss78/waeleldasher/6ec22cfc.jpg

“Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis”

• 3 weeks later...

A little Sunday exercise for those whom are filled...

146 PT, fine, Noodler's Ellis Island Blue

149 Iroshizuku Kon-Peki

(Really, just an excuse to bump this thread back up to see what people are using...)

Your ad here.

Only MB on duty today is my post-war 136 with the flexy M nib, fueled up with Parker Black Quink.

(Last night, I had my 432 Stylo out, with MB Burgundy, scribbling some notes...)

"Here was a man who had said, with his wan smile, that once he realized that he would never be a protagonist, he decided to become, instead, an intelligent spectator, for there was no point in writing without serious motivation." - Casaubon referring to Belbo, Foucault's Pendulum.

I was using my MB Noblesse earlier...but it ran low on ink so I cleaned it out. Will be reloading once I decide which ink to use. :rolleyes:

Letter writing is the only device for combining solitude with good company.  ~Lord Byron

Charles Dickens with Herbin Perle Noire. One of my favourite combinations :-)

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

In my rack are: MB Dostoevsky BB cursive italic with MB Seasons Greetings red ink (trying to finish it after Christmas card duty); celluloid 149 flex F with Aurora black ink; and always on standby is my 100-Year rollerball with blue ink.

Fred

Two MBs inked today, and these have been inked and in use for quite some time:

149 with a 1960s 18C BBB nib by Greg Minuskin, using Diamine De Atramentis Khaki

146 with a 14C M nib (1991), using Noodler's Ottoman Azure

Crummy iPhone photo:

fpn_1327340159__montblanc_149_-_146.jpg

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Writing with my 136 OB nib and 134 B nib today at the office. The 136 has MB Racing Green in it and my 134 is loaded with MB Royal Blue.

147 ef nib Toffee Brown

146 monotone M nib Midnight Blue

Bright Orange Generation rollerball (for lending)

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

Currently the 149, but I think it is too big for me, may consider something smaller. Wanna have a try for the noblesse

This week it's the WE Dumas pencil, the Boheme fountain pen (fine) with Montblanc's Ink of Love and a Boheme roller ball. A wonderful trio.

post-46508-0-59337200-1327439500.jpg

146 sterling pinstripe, B nib, Diamine Ancient Copper

StarWalker Douè, B nib, MB Racing Green

Currently the 149, but I think it is too big for me, may consider something smaller. Wanna have a try for the noblesse

I bought and then returned a 149 for the same reason. The 146 turned out to be the perfect choice for me.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

I have both my 146 and 149 inked and in my current rotation. The size of the 149 doesn't bother me knowing that it holds a "half gallon" of Mystery Black when full.

cuza

Today it's Shaw (PR Naples Blue), Mann (Akkerman Passage Blauw) and (a bit off-topic, but still strongly FPN-related B) my FPN Stipula Erturia Notte di Stelle with a 1.1 mm 14k nib (Pilot Kon-Peki) :cloud9: