What MBs are you using today?

Blade Runner

I'm using a 1970s 149 fitted with a 1960s 18C BBB nib that was worked on by Greg Minuskin. Eric Niksch put the body, feed and nib together and it is a wonderful writer! Using PR DCSSB in this pen.

fpn_1319723914__montblanc_149.jpg

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Ghost Plane

• mejdrich

• Tom Aquinas

Barley Corn Sterling Silver!

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6092/6363564761_3efe166c0e_z.jpg

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6098/6363564029_abeceaf5c0_z.jpg

Beautiful handwriting! :notworthy1: :thumbup:

I'm using the same - 146 Barley corn silver filled with Iroshizuku Asa-Gao.

Best regards, Kai

Montblanc 13x, #20/25/30/40, 244/6 Green Marbled, 322 Azure Blue, 234 1/2 G/PL, 256, 220, 34.

Montblanc 144G Grey, 146G Green Striated, 146 Silver Barley, 149 (50s-00s).

Montblanc WE Christie, Imperial Dragon, Wilde, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Proust, Schiller, Verne, Mann, Twain. PoA Prince Regent, Morgan...

Visconti Pontevecchio LE, Metropolitan Gordian Knot, Ripples. Omas Paragon Royale Blue HT, Extra Lucens Black LE. Pilot Silvern. Pelikan 620 Shanghai, 800 Blue o Blue.

Just scribbling around with the Dumas this evening....

post-29086-0-28998800-1322173808.jpg

"Here was a man who had said, with his wan smile, that once he realized that he would never be a protagonist, he decided to become, instead, an intelligent spectator, for there was no point in writing without serious motivation." - Casaubon referring to Belbo, Foucault's Pendulum.

149 with Visconti blue

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

75th Anniversary Edition #149 F nib loaded with Aurora black.

Regards,

Mike

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

Sterling Pinstripe... BB with Noodler's Ellis... Matching ball point for non-fp users...

And, in a sibling kind od way... A Louis Cartier F with MB special edition turquoise...

Your ad here.

I was carrying my 145, but just bought a new Mozart for carrying duties. They both have gold trim and I'm using black ink cartridges. We don't exactly have a selection of colors here, I might have to get some shipped.

234 1/2 PL, filled with lavander purple.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5061/5697560401_3bee4aa03d.jpg

Best regards, Kai

Montblanc 13x, #20/25/30/40, 244/6 Green Marbled, 322 Azure Blue, 234 1/2 G/PL, 256, 220, 34.

Montblanc 144G Grey, 146G Green Striated, 146 Silver Barley, 149 (50s-00s).

Montblanc WE Christie, Imperial Dragon, Wilde, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Proust, Schiller, Verne, Mann, Twain. PoA Prince Regent, Morgan...

Visconti Pontevecchio LE, Metropolitan Gordian Knot, Ripples. Omas Paragon Royale Blue HT, Extra Lucens Black LE. Pilot Silvern. Pelikan 620 Shanghai, 800 Blue o Blue.

This new silver Barley Corn 146 with a medium nib writes dreamily, inked currently with Sheaffer turquoise. However, the design is much less actual barley corn than the older model. The new model has a modest diamond appointment (oxymoron? perhaps not) on the clip. Both nice pens, yes?

post-46508-0-49821700-1322520946.jpg

Looks very nice, Professor Plume. And I'm still in awe of the Fitzgerald broad + Akkerman ink you used in your letter. Stunning!

Using a Montblanc 149 14C two-tone solid ebonite today. The 'dating charts' in this forum indicate 1970 - 80, so I'll happily assume 1974, the year I was born. Seller called the nib oblique fine, but the pictures and writing sample he included suggested oblique medium. Waterman Florida Blue ink.

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

MB149 18K F nib, with MB Mystery Black ink.

MB 149 YWC, MB Doue BP, Parker Sterling Silver Cisele BP & RB

146 OM nib... with Seasons Greetings - White Forest for the first time.

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love. -Carl Sagan

As it is the start of the month, I've rotated the pen I take into work each day. For the first time I am taking my MB Shaw, inked with Mystery Black ink.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Toting a 149, F nib, with Parker Black Quink. (Had Noodlers HoD in it, but ran out on the road and had to refill.) And my Fitzgerald, M nib, with Visconti Green. A good combination. :happyberet:

"Here was a man who had said, with his wan smile, that once he realized that he would never be a protagonist, he decided to become, instead, an intelligent spectator, for there was no point in writing without serious motivation." - Casaubon referring to Belbo, Foucault's Pendulum.