What MBs are you using today?

Blade Runner

Using my 144R with BB stubby nib and midnight blue.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Ghost Plane

• mejdrich

• Tom Aquinas

I've been meaning to do a comparision review update on these two pens for a while. One is a MontBlanc legrand 146. The other is a well known, similar pen - the Sailor 1911. Both are extra-fine.

http://kevinkwan.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Fountain-Pen-Photos-Lightroom3/i-4kS3JDt/0/X3/Pen-Photos-4784-X3.jpg

http://kevinkwan.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Fountain-Pen-Photos-Lightroom3/i-v8s9xT7/0/X3/Pen-Photos-4786-X3.jpg

http://kevinkwan.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Fountain-Pen-Photos-Lightroom3/i-BT8pXF7/0/X3/Pen-Photos-4789-X3.jpg

Edited by tanalasta

In Rotation: MB 146 (EF), Noodler's Ahab bumblebee, Edison Pearl (F), Sailor ProGear (N-MF)

In storage: MB 149 (18k EF), TWSBI 540 (B), ST Dupont Olympio XL (EF), MB Dumas (B stub), Waterman Preface (ST), Edison Pearl (0.5mm CI), Noodler's Ahab clear, Pilot VP (M), Danitrio Densho (F), Aurora Optima (F), Lamy 2000 (F), Visconti Homo Sapiens (stub)

Today I went back to my roots!

149 + MB Black.

Long time since I last used this pen.

Today I went back to my roots!

149 + MB Black.

Long time since I last used this pen.

Same combo here :)

http://kevinkwan.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Fountain-Pen-Photos-Lightroom3/i-BT8pXF7/0/X3/Pen-Photos-4789-X3.jpg

Very nice picture! I have an identical P146 with an EF nib. One of the things I really like about it is the subtle "reverse" line variation that the EF nib gives - the downstrokes are thinner than the sidestrokes (I think that's called arabic, but not quite sure...). Anyways, I had never seen a macro picture of a Mb EF nib before, but yours very clearly shows that the nib has almost an "anti-stub" shape to it, which explains the line variation...

Here are the pen selections for this week. While the Filofax agendas are wonderful, the paper quality is thin and doesn't do these outstanding nibs justice but sometimes the calendar needs a splash of colour. These nibs are quite fond of Rhodia and Clairefontaine and perform their best on 90 g. paper.

post-46508-0-30421900-1310052842.jpg

• 2 months later...

This forum item seems to be suffering from neglect, so I thought i'd resurrect it.

Today i'm using my 146 Solitaire Stainless Steel with fine(ish) nib, filled with MB Royal Blue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A work in Progress!

Pendantic: you are right. I will follow your initiative:

Today I am using:

Mann, medium nib, Akkerman Passage Blauw

Lennon, BB nib (fantastic nib!), Noodlers Eel Blue

Proust, fine nib, Waterman Green

I am including a picture (taken with my phone, so not the best quality....)

Today I am using:

Wow very nice pens! I have a Mann, been eyeing a Proust for quite some time now. Are they similar in weight and feel?

At work with a 136 with flexible EF nib that takes a little self control - filled with mystery black. I also was using a nice MB 24 with lovely OBB nib that had kon peki Iroshizuku in it - till it had that flooding end of ink experience half way through a meeting this afternoon...

thanks

Stephen

When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe.

John Muir

Today I am using:

Wow very nice pens! I have a Mann, been eyeing a Proust for quite some time now. Are they similar in weight and feel?

They are a complete opposite. The Mann is relatively heavy yet the Proust is surprisingly light and small in appearance. Both are excellent writers though.

I've got my Proust inked with MB Ink of Joy, my Dickens inked with MB Irish Green and my work pen is currently my Poe with Midnight Black.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Today I am using:

I love the Proust Montecristo, a really elegant pen. I have the Proust ballpoint pen, but hope to get a fountain pen sometime. I also have a Mann with medium nib.

Today I am using my recently acquired 146 Solitaire Sterling Silver barley with medium nib. It is filled with MB Lavender Purple. I haven't used this colour before, but I really like it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A work in Progress!

OBB MB 24 refilled with Kon Peki and chummed today with a Parker 51 EF for notes.

When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe.

John Muir

They are a complete opposite. The Mann is relatively heavy yet the Proust is surprisingly light and small in appearance. Both are excellent writers though.

I've got my Proust inked with MB Ink of Joy, my Dickens inked with MB Irish Green and my work pen is currently my Poe with Midnight Black.

I can't wait to own a Proust. Today I have the following

1. MB 149 with a Tri-color 18C OB nib, inked with Iroshizuku kon-peki.

2. MB 234.5 with a M nib, inked with MB Mystery Black.

3. Sheaffer Legacy Heritage (Deep Cut Palladium) F nib, inked with MB Toffee Brown

:)

1. MB 149 with a Tri-color 18C OB nib, inked with Iroshizuku kon-peki.

Looks like you are falling back in with that OB nib ;)

This happens to me all the time - think about changing or moving a pen on, try it out again and find that I like it too much after all!

John Muir

A celluloid 146 with 3B CI. It's loaded with CdA Storm. Just got it back from Richard Binder...can't seem to put it down!

"It ain't so much what people don't know that hurts as what they know that ain't so."

-Artemus Ward

Looks like you are falling back in with that OB nib ;)

This happens to me all the time - think about changing or moving a pen on, try it out again and find that I like it too much after all!

Its a wonderful nib, very smooth and juicy. I was sending it off to Mike tomorrow morning and wanted to write with it today (I have another MB149 with a prettier 18C tri-color OB nib)