What MBs are you using today?

Blade Runner

Dear Proton,

Welcome to this forum! :W2FPN:

Nice FP you got yourself.

Thanks for sharing the pic!

Kind regards,

KJY

Hi! Today my choice was my Lennon Edition with MB Oyster Grey.

Hope you guys like it!

My first post here!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3005/5862471972_7761032377_z.jpg

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Ghost Plane

• mejdrich

• Tom Aquinas

Hi Proton,

yes, welcome! What a handsome pen and your choice of ink really suits the Lennon. Congratulations!

Professor Plume

KJY and Professor Plume, thanks for the comments!

:thumbup:

Old pic with my Boheme and MB Black

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3227/2797740653_58c4513362_z.jpg

Edited by proton

Hi! Today my choice was my Lennon Edition with MB Oyster Grey.

Hope you guys like it!

My first post here!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3005/5862471972_7761032377_z.jpg

Magnificent! Looks great with grey ink and the MBPro as well, and a nice message.

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

Complete change for me this week. ALthough I have my inked Poe at work, this week I have been using my Starwalker BP and MP. It's been ages since these have been used and I'm actually enjoying the change.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Today: black, silver and white with black and violet ink.

Shaw with British Racing Green. Experiencing some flow / skipping issues with this combination that I did not previously have with my Shaw (on Rhodia # 18 pad):huh:

Today: black, silver and white with black and violet ink.

Great! Nib comparisons on Montblancs and particularly one including the Fitzgerald. As Professor Plume knows (we've exchanged a few messages), I've set my eyes on a Fitzgerald but haven't decided on nib size yet.

My current favourite is a 1955 MB 146 14C OB, which I've been using for 3 weeks now, with either Parker Quink Blue or Private Reserve American Blue. Somewhat to my surprise, this pen almost instantly became my daily writer. I do suspect it runs a little dry for an OB nib and certainly I don't need anything wider for daily use. I love its springiness and the line variation it affords.

I still have the 149 OBB about which I wrote earlier -- too much for me as a daily writer, but silky smooth, absolutely gorgeous and definitely not for sale.

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/daniele_teppa/DSCN2433.jpg

Feed, not filler... sorry!

Edited by Daniele

The Signature For Good fountain pen firmly calls out for blue ink but it's summer and sunny in the mountains and the medium nib on the Classique performs beautifully with the cheerful Dutch orange. Wish I had better camera skills!

post-46508-0-34760600-1309273327.jpg

My first MB was a 149 purchased nearly three decades ago. I used the pen for several years and then abandoned it for the most part as I had just started using a then fairly new device known as the PC to do most of my writing. About 10 years ago I found the neglected 149 in my drawer and passed it on to a new owner who could enjoy it. Recently fate stepped in and I received a beautiful Agatha Christie. So now after all these years I have returned to enjoy the amazing virtues of this very fine writing instrument and have learned than the pen and PC can in fact co-exist happily.

Edited by PenFisher

My first MB was a 149 purchased nearly three decades ago. I used the pen for several years and then abandoned it for the most part as I had just started using a then fairly new device known as the PC to do most of my writing. About 10 years ago I found the neglected 149 in my drawer and passed it on to a new owner who could enjoy it. Recently fate stepped in and I received a beautiful Agatha Christie. So now after all these years I have returned to enjoy the amazing virtues of this very fine writing instrument and have learned than the pen and PC can in fact co-exist happily.

Welcome back to the real world!

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom

So far, the only MB I have used today is my 146 Citrine EF nib with some Levenger Claret ink. The 149 (B) and the Boheme (BB) haven't been used yet today, but most likely will before the end of the day.

Smith Premier No. 4

Today it is the Faulkner WE with Yama guri ink. I like the color of Yama guri and in addition it complements the colors on the Faulkner.

Alexandre Dumas + MB Bordeaux. Made for each other.

149 with a fine nib loaded with MB Midnight Blue. My new favorite combo.

"Instant gratification takes too long."-Carrie Fisher

149 Broad + MB blue black. Love the stubbish line.

146 sterling silver Solitaire pinstripe, B + MB royale blue for a thank you note on Crane's 32lb, 100% cotton pearl white with green Intaglio to someone who patiently helped me choose my new bicycle!

149 B + MB blue black on Crane's 100% cotton Corinne 96lb pearl white card for a brief note to my brother in law.

Edited by Blade Runner

I've had my Kafka since 2004. It was the only pen in my collection which had never until today been inked. It's a beautiful writer and I wish I'd inked it may years previous.

Along with this pen, the only other pen I have inked is my MB Mann.

Both pens inked with Mystery Black ink.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

My recently acquired Chopin; with Midnight Blue.

“You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'”

“Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”

- George Bernard Shaw