What MBs are you using today?

Blade Runner

Fpupulin, great drawings! I especially like the colonial church!

Using these two today...

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5021/5774909800_d76384c157_z.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2491/5774371423_47935af07e_z.jpg

Edited by Soot

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- A. Einstein

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Ghost Plane

• mejdrich

• Tom Aquinas

Montblanc 146 OB from ca. 1955. I just got it last week and am amazed how well such an 'old' pen works. The nib may need a tiny bit of work: alignment or setting could be a little off, resulting in the faintest of clicking noises and restricting flow somewhat. However, I actually like this slightly drier nib. It makes the pen very usable to me.

edit and off-topic: happy to see the forum back on-line!

Edited by pmhudepo

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

Fpupulin, great drawings! I especially like the colonial church!

Using these two today...

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5021/5774909800_d76384c157_z.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2491/5774371423_47935af07e_z.jpg

Dear Soot, the star on the 149 on the right is mother of pearl, isn't it? It is beautiful. The pen, however, do not seems a LE 75th Anniversary. Which pen is it?

Today it's the Fitzgerald WE in a broad nib with Akkerman's Simplisties Violet.

Currently only have the following 3 pens inked:

- MB Wilde with Mystery Black ink

- MB Dumas with Toffee Brown ink

- MB Poe with Midnight Blue ink - this is the pen which will be taken to work each day in June.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Today I used a circa 1978 MB 149, with F nib, probably my best 149 nib, inked with the old, discontinued Montblanc Sepia. Even though this ink is a bit too fluid, I like the color, much closer to pear wood than to a real sepia. The romanic church was drawn from a photograph I received many years ago from an Hungarian colleague.

post-50794-0-51057400-1306717420.jpg

Stunning violet ink that. Using J.Herbin 'poussiere de lun' (violet) in my Charles Dickens at the moment and really like that ink.

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Dear Soot, the star on the 149 on the right is mother of pearl, isn't it? It is beautiful. The pen, however, do not seems a LE 75th Anniversary. Which pen is it?

Hi fpupulin, yes, the star is MOP. And, no, that is not a 75th LE. It's a normal 149 with MOP star. :thumbup:

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- A. Einstein

Beautiful. Is "Akkerman" you mention related to the PW Akkerman shop in Amsterdam, or the one in The Hague? Or: where can I buy that ink?

Today: MB 146 from 1985-89, OM with Parker Quink. Mostly note-taking at work, todo lists etc.

Edit: never mind, found it: Akkerman Ink From The Netherlands

Edited by pmhudepo

Beautiful. Is "Akkerman" you mention related to the PW Akkerman shop in Amsterdam, or the one in The Hague? Or: where can I buy that ink?

Today: MB 146 from 1985-89, OM with Parker Quink. Mostly note-taking at work, todo lists etc.

You will relish this ink and the bottle is lovely. Yes, it is the Akkerman shop in the The Hague. There's a fascinating thread of its own on FPN with many Akkerman samples. Have your Paypal ID ready--they are irresistible!

You will relish this ink and the bottle is lovely. Yes, it is the Akkerman shop in the The Hague. There's a fascinating thread of its own on FPN with many Akkerman samples. Have your Paypal ID ready--they are irresistible!

I live in The Netherlands and The Hague Central Station is a 50-minute train ride from my home. Read book, listen to music, find store, see all colours in person, buy ink :)

I live in The Netherlands and The Hague Central Station is a 50-minute train ride from my home. Read book, listen to music, find store, see all colours in person, buy ink :)

Oh, that IS exciting! You'll be the envy of your fellow passengers on the train ride home with your new inks! Take a suitcase just in case! The Oranje Boven and Holfkwartier Groen are vibrant delightful colours also. Enjoy! Look forward to hearing what you select.

Today I'm using a 149 EF nib, circa 1994, with Pelikan Violet (bought for my wife, but I was unable to resist the temptation...). Moleskine sketchbook 5"x8".

post-50794-0-49710700-1306975495.jpg

Beautiful writing fpupulin

Today I was using Morgan with B nib stubbed beautifully by Mike M

MB Lavender ink is a nice match

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae112/jezstone2002/MB%20Morgan/DSC_0951.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________

Love and work... work and love, that's all there is.

Sigmund Freud

(there was a man who obviously never knew fountain pens!)

Some beautiful photography!

The MoP stars in particular are stunning. I like the Morgan.

And I see there is a MB 149 or two earlier in the thread, perhaps with custom snowflake modifications which I believe are no longer done. MB can be somewhat litigious with modified pens.

In Rotation: MB 146 (EF), Noodler's Ahab bumblebee, Edison Pearl (F), Sailor ProGear (N-MF)

In storage: MB 149 (18k EF), TWSBI 540 (B), ST Dupont Olympio XL (EF), MB Dumas (B stub), Waterman Preface (ST), Edison Pearl (0.5mm CI), Noodler's Ahab clear, Pilot VP (M), Danitrio Densho (F), Aurora Optima (F), Lamy 2000 (F), Visconti Homo Sapiens (stub)

Boheme with blue jewel and PR avocado ink :)

Please visit my new pen and ink/pen box site at www.boxesandpens.co.uk

Hand made boxes to store and display your favourite pens.

10% discount for FPN members

Stunning violet ink that. Using J.Herbin 'poussiere de lun' (violet) in my Charles Dickens at the moment and really like that ink.

I've been wondering about which ink to use in my Dickens. Don't have Herbin's but I may try my MB Lavender.

Today I inked my MB Oscar Wilde with Lamy Blue/Black ink. I hate the ink but it writes a lot better in this pen than any of my other MB inks. Ideally I need a nib replacement but I'm trying to put it off so if Lamy ink works then I will safe some money.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Montblanc 149 circa 1978, with F nib. This is my first MB. I bought it in Venice in 1980. Montblanc Sepia ink on Moleskine Sketch book (5 x 8").

I love the look of the sepia ink.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

Montblanc 149 circa 1978, with F nib. This is my first MB. I bought it in Venice in 1980. Montblanc Sepia ink on Moleskine Sketch book (5 x 8").

I love the look of the sepia ink.

+1 and lovely drawing!

Prince Regent 888 with Diamine Oxblood ink... really nice ink flow for a M factory nib.