What MBs are you using today?

Blade Runner

filled my 149 with MB Lavender purple ink last night and will use it and my Mark Twain ballpoint today at work. B)

Smith Premier No. 4

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Ghost Plane

• mejdrich

• Tom Aquinas

I filled my green striated 146G (very flexy stubby M) for the first time since its cap returned from a visit with Osman Sümer in Hamburg.

I'm using Irish Green.

Fred

Seriously? You're going to drop that on us and not even give us a nice picture to drool over?

There's a green striated 146 taunting me on eBay, but I need both my kidneys so I'm afraid it's going to a home other than mine!

There's a green striated 146 taunting me on eBay, but I need both my kidneys so I'm afraid it's going to a home other than mine!

Actually, people live with only one kidney commonly (organ donor> ie parents giving a kidney to offspring etc.). So you can get by with just one............

So go for the pen!!

:roflmho:

Rick

MY-stair-shtook eyn-HOON-dairt noyn und FEART-seeg (Meisterstuck #149)

"the last pen I bought is the next to the last pen I will ever buy.."---jar

WTB: Sheaffer OS Balance with FLEX nibs

porkopolispennerslogorev1.jpg

Porkopolis Penners Blog

My beautiful daughter signing her Marriage Certificate with my MB Verne last Saturday, 23rd Oct. 2010.

http://dxlab.ky1v.com/zzz/KsignCert.jpg

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

The "plan" today involves my Schiller (custom stub w/Diamine Imperial Blue) as the primary writer, and a 149 (fine nib w/Visconti green) as a backup...

"Here was a man who had said, with his wan smile, that once he realized that he would never be a protagonist, he decided to become, instead, an intelligent spectator, for there was no point in writing without serious motivation." - Casaubon referring to Belbo, Foucault's Pendulum.

Seriously? You're going to drop that on us and not even give us a nice picture to drool over?

Okay. This is the pen. The photo was taken by Bryant for the 60th anniversary pen project. More photos here.

Fred

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/FountainPenz/Striated%20146/CIMG0212.jpg

Photo by Bryant.

Today I'm using a vintage MB 234 1/2, flexible fine nib, with Caran d'Ache Caribbean Sea.

Okay. This is the pen. The photo was taken by Bryant for the 60th anniversary pen project. More photos here.

Fred

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/FountainPenz/Striated%20146/CIMG0212.jpg

Photo by Bryant.

I'm in love :) I hope my wife never finds out that I'm now on the hunt for a new "mistress"...

149 B, still with MB BRG...

144 BP...

Only two today...

But, a coupla pencils: Palomino Blackwing, Sanford Draughting, and Tombow Mono...

Your ad here.

Eight pens.................count them!

Celluloid 149, 149 with EF flex nib, Verne, Wilde, Dumas, Proust, Silver Wedding Ring Solitaire and the Hemingway!

:bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Make it count!!!

Flushed out both my working-horses and filled it again.

The Mann filled with Royal Blue

and the Starwalker filled with a black-cartridge.

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom

A new month, time to rotate the pen I take to work, I'm therefore switching my Mann for my Twain.

The Mann will continue to stay inked, currently inked are my Mann (MB Mystery Black), Cervantes (MB Toffee Brown), Twain (MB Blue Black) and Faulkner (Oyster Grey).

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

My beautiful daughter signing her Marriage Certificate with my MB Verne last Saturday, 23rd Oct. 2010.

http://dxlab.ky1v.com/zzz/KsignCert.jpg

I'm surprised they let you use your own pen. I tried to use my Fitzgerald but they would not let me. They needed to supply their own pen with permenant ink. I was a little upset but I guess it made sense. Mock signing photos were obviously permitted and taken.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Hi BrandonA!

I asked the Celebrant before I even offered the use of the pen - which Kate had loved the first time she saw it.........I was surprised, but the answer was "yes" so it was used. This photo is not a 'mock signing' but the real deal! Diamine Sapphire Blue in the pen!

Make it count!!!

Gorgeous - both daughter and pen.

Writing with my Carnegie OB and a 146 OBB - both with Private Reserve Blue Suede on board. I'm on a roll with that ink. :thumbup:

Congrats on the marriage Chris! And nice choice of pen too. Is your daughter also a pen enthusiast?

Today I'm using 146 stainless steel Solitaire, broad + MB Violet and a Dumas medium + MB Bordeaux

These are new inks for these pens. Amazing how new inks can change the writing experience!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/jelb/IMG_6768.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/jelb/IMG_6651.jpg

Hi GP - thanks for your kind words, she is indeed a beautiful daughter in every sense of the word! They should be just about back from Bali by now!

BladeRunner - thank you - she is a fountain pen girl, but doesn't collect. She has one of my late father's pens though, as does her sister.

Her brother is into fps way too heavily, so I took three MBs to show him, and it just happened that Kate also saw the pens and loved the way the Verne wrote with the newly reground nib by Mike Masuyama - and the Diamine Sapphire blue ink. Serendipidous happening!

This weekend I've been using all my pens, but one more than others - the celluloid 149 with juicy italic flex nib, filled with Edelstein Topaz - on the darker blue Smythson's paper - what a combination! That nib on that paper just makes me want to write forever!

Make it count!!!

Hi GP - thanks for your kind words, she is indeed a beautiful daughter in every sense of the word! They should be just about back from Bali by now!

BladeRunner - thank you - she is a fountain pen girl, but doesn't collect. She has one of my late father's pens though, as does her sister.

Her brother is into fps way too heavily, so I took three MBs to show him, and it just happened that Kate also saw the pens and loved the way the Verne wrote with the newly reground nib by Mike Masuyama - and the Diamine Sapphire blue ink. Serendipidous happening!

This weekend I've been using all my pens, but one more than others - the celluloid 149 with juicy italic flex nib, filled with Edelstein Topaz - on the darker blue Smythson's paper - what a combination! That nib on that paper just makes me want to write forever!

Congratulations Chris, to you, your Daughter and her Husband. That is a beautiful way to make lovely memories.

I am assuming that the new Son-in-Law is a fountain pen user like the rest of his new Family? If not, it shouldn't be too difficult to convert him.

Best Regards

Greg

PS.While I wait to own a celluloid 149, I'm doing OK with my trusty ol' 146 (MB Oyster Grey) and 149,(MB Toffee Brown).

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz218/Valaccar/P1020168.jpg