What MBs are you using today?

Blade Runner

Today I'll be using a new to me 146. An older, since I have a hard time calling 80's vintage, model I got in yesterdays mail. It has a nice smooth fine 14k nib. Filled with some older MB Black.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Ghost Plane

• mejdrich

• Tom Aquinas

I added my Proust, fine nib, Iroshizuku Yama-Budo ink to the wonderful Wilde that is here filled with Visconti Bordeaux.

No photo though, sorry!

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

A fine 146 with PT just filled with Noodler's Midnight Blue and a GT 144 sized roller with a fine refill...

(Sharp Kerry - .07 - is riding in the back seat)

Your ad here.

In addition to the Wilde and the Proust previously mentioned, I've just inked up my celluloid 50s 146 with flexy B nib - Herbin Cafe de Iles -

http://dxlab.ky1v.com/zzz/MBsamples.jpg

Edited by Chris Chalmers

Make it count!!!

Lovely pens - I am inspired to find a nice Proust after actually using one the other night!

I have done a birthday card with 149 celluloid 155/1956 with Herbin mix Gris Nuage and Eclat Saphir

________________________________________________________________________________

Love and work... work and love, that's all there is.

Sigmund Freud

(there was a man who obviously never knew fountain pens!)

MB 149 with 14k medium nib. A bit wide for my writing style, but today that's limited to scratching items off todo lists (and adding new items as I go along). Inked with Waterman Florida Blue ink. When practising my handwriting at home with this pen, it forces me to write larger, with exaggerated movements, particularly to keep the letter e open.

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/jelb/IMG_0050.jpg

149F + Pelikan royale blue and MB Chronograph

146 pinstripe sterling Solitaire, B with MB royale blue

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/jelb/IMG_0081.jpg

Mark Twain (F) with MB Midnight Blue.

Best regards, Kai

Montblanc 13x, #20/25/30/40, 244/6 Green Marbled, 322 Azure Blue, 234 1/2 G/PL, 256, 220, 34.

Montblanc 144G Grey, 146G Green Striated, 146 Silver Barley, 149 (50s-00s).

Montblanc WE Christie, Imperial Dragon, Wilde, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Proust, Schiller, Verne, Mann, Twain. PoA Prince Regent, Morgan...

Visconti Pontevecchio LE, Metropolitan Gordian Knot, Ripples. Omas Paragon Royale Blue HT, Extra Lucens Black LE. Pilot Silvern. Pelikan 620 Shanghai, 800 Blue o Blue.

Nice!!!! Where is the writing sample for us to see not only the new pen (:notworthy1:) but also a new ink???? :puddle:

Make it count!!!

My 146, cleaned and flushed it to change the ink from MB Violet, to pelikan turquoise. I think it took me about an hour to get rid of any trace of Violet.

The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.

- Mark Twain in a Letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888

None, yet. But surely the first will be one that's comparable in size to the Pelikan Souveran M1000 and the Omas Arte Italiana Paragon!

See with what large letters I have written you with my own hand. GaVIxi

The pen is the interpreter of the soul: what one thinks, the other expresses. (MdC)

I've taken my Poe out active duty, replacing it with my Twain, inked with blue ink. Also filled are my Wilde (Green) and Mann (Black).

I've previously dipped the Twain to test it after originally purhcasing it but this is the first time it has been filled with ink.

Question now is, do I take the Twain or the Mann into work for the next month?

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Nice!!!! Where is the writing sample for us to see not only the new pen (:notworthy1:) but also a new ink???? :puddle:

Here it is Madam.

ink: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/169325-montblanc-midnight-blue/

pen: MB Mark Twain

Edited by sunnerd

Best regards, Kai

Montblanc 13x, #20/25/30/40, 244/6 Green Marbled, 322 Azure Blue, 234 1/2 G/PL, 256, 220, 34.

Montblanc WE Christie, Imperial Dragon, Wilde, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Proust, Schiller, Verne, Mann, Twain. PoA Prince Regent, Morgan...

Visconti Pontevecchio LE, Metropolitan Gordian Knot, Ripples. Omas Paragon Royale Blue HT, Extra Lucens Black LE. Pilot Silvern. Pelikan 620 Shanghai, 800 Blue o Blue.

Amazing shots Sunnerd. And nice way to show them!

Today, a sweet 146R M/F with MB royale blue to catch up on snail mail!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/jelb/IMG_5363.jpg

Thanks! I didn't know ip board software automagically does a slide show on flickr sets... Learnt something new. :thumbup:

Best regards, Kai

Inked my Faulkner with MB mystery black ink - first time its been inked. Super smooths even though it's a fine nib.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Thanks! I didn't know ip board software automagically does a slide show on flickr sets... Learnt something new. :thumbup:

And what a slide show!!! Thanks very much Kai, I've enjoyed your photos and your writing samples.......... and now I want both that pen and the ink - :gaah:

Make it count!!!

Here it is Madam.

ink: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/169325-montblanc-midnight-blue/

pen: MB Mark Twain

WOW, Really nice deep blue! :thumbup:

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom