What MBs are you using today?

Blade Runner

Nah. You'd be like me and keep 5 inked so you could play with more of your collection while you got work done.

Edited by Ghost Plane

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Ghost Plane

• mejdrich

• Tom Aquinas

A medium-nibbed Dostoevsky, filled with Montblanc Violet. Writes like a dream, a bit on the fine side of medium but still wonderful nevertheless.

MB 149 broad nib + Waterman blue black

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/jelb/IMG_7027.jpg

MB Boheme Big Size with OB nib and MB Blue Black!

Obliqueness is bliss ;)

Current - MB 149 (M), MB 145 (B), MB Boheme Big (OB), MB Boheme platinum (M), MB Starwalker resin (M).

Parker Sonnet black lacquer ST (M), Sonnet chrome (F). Visconti Van Gogh Maxi (M)

Wanted -MB 146 (EF), MB Solitaire sterling silver (OBB), MB Shaw (OM), Delta Dolce Vita Oversize (OBB)

Dreaming of -Catherine & Peter the Great 4810, Hemingway, Agatha Christie, Pope Julius II 4810, 146 Solitaire Nikolai I.

I've got my 146 Platinum with a M nib in my pocket right next to my Starwalker Rubber and Platinum rollerball. So far today, though, I have only used the 146.

Well for you, if you wrestle on, for in persistency lies victory, and with the morning may come the wished-for blessing. But not always; there is a struggle with defeat which some of you will have to bear, and it will be well for you if you have cultivated a cheerful equanimity. Remember, too, that sometimes 'from our desolation only does the better life begin.' Even with disaster ahead, it is better to face them with a smile, and with the head erect, than to crouch at their approach. And, if the fight is for principle and justice, even when failure seems certain, where many have failed before, cling to your ideal, and, like Childe Roland before the dark tower, set the slug-horn to your lips, blow the challenge, and calmly await the conflict.

--"Aequanimitas" William Osler

Valedictory Address, University of Pennsylvania, May 1, 1889

100 year historical fine nib with Faber Castell RoyalBlue.

Best regards, Kai

Montblanc 13x, #20/25/30/40, 244/6 Green Marbled, 322 Azure Blue, 234 1/2 G/PL, 256, 220, 34.

Montblanc 144G Grey, 146G Green Striated, 146 Silver Barley, 149 (50s-00s).

Montblanc WE Christie, Imperial Dragon, Wilde, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Proust, Schiller, Verne, Mann, Twain. PoA Prince Regent, Morgan...

Visconti Pontevecchio LE, Metropolitan Gordian Knot, Ripples. Omas Paragon Royale Blue HT, Extra Lucens Black LE. Pilot Silvern. Pelikan 620 Shanghai, 800 Blue o Blue.

A Chopin F nib has been in use today, fuelled with MB Red Rose Ink ( love letter ), not that I have been writing love letters all day! ;)

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society"......Mark Twain

Dumas, 149. Aurora black. Ahhhhhh.

I'll take an Aurora, please. Aurora black.

I finished the day using an unsung 149 nib ground to an OBB by Minuskin. I was bored and just changed out the nib. I forgot what a delight this Minuskin nib is.

edited to add: Oh yeah, using MB Black & Blue ink, too. Nice ink.

Eric

Edited by niksch

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

Welcome back Eric,

Where ya been?

Buying pens I hope.

Welcome back Eric,

Where ya been?

Buying pens I hope.

Ummm, no, unfortunately. I had an accident, but as of tonight, I'm back online.

I did win on eBay a 146 stand (old style) by accident, but I think talkinghead wants it. I have four....and no, I don't know why I bid on it...I guess it was a good deal.

Eric

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

After months of plotting, saving, international intrigue, and patience, it is mine at last. Yup, I am using it.

http://queenmargot.com/MB_Regent_nib.jpg

After months of plotting, saving, international intrigue, and patience, it is mine at last. Yup, I am using it.

http://queenmargot.com/MB_Regent_nib.jpg

Congrats. I'm so happy for you. What nib size did you get?

It is a "Medium" that writes very-very-very Broad. It is the smoothest MB nib I've written with, but the size of the line is unmanageable for daily writing. I suspect it will soon be customised to a .6mm cursive italic.

That's a spectacular pen! :notworthy1:

Have you chosen an ink? MB Royale blue would be nice with it.

Enjoy!

Off to work with these:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/jelb/IMG_7050.jpg

Jeen, very nice composition on that photo! What camera do you use?

For the Regent, I chose Herbin Bleu Nuit, in hopes that Herbin would tame the nib. The colour looks beautiful and goes well with the unusual shade of the barrel. But the "M" nib still writes like a BBB! Not the stubbish kind mind you, but a round, sprawling, dominate-the-entire-sheet-of-paper BBB : )

Obviously that pen is crying out that it needs a home with me. :bunny01:

Your enthusiasm over B nibs has actually made me feel guilty every time I need to regrind a pen! Grr!

Obviously that pen is crying out that it needs a home with me. :bunny01:

Your enthusiasm over B nibs has actually made me feel guilty every time I need to regrind a pen! Grr!

I use to feel that every pen I own should fall within a certain parameter, and that my writing should look and perform pretty much the same with each pen. But after venturing into all sorts of paper, including more luxurious, but sometimes heavily sized and textured ones, I found the need for bolder writing pens. Also found that bold nibs just look better for some occasions like thank yous and personal correspondence. Just as I would not edit with a MB broad nib, I can no longer write a letter with a fine nib on some cotton papers, because the ride is not as smooth and flow is not enough. So I say it is good to have different nibs for different situations and papers. But if your new pen writes too wide without the stubbish quality of a MB broad, then it sounds like you should regrind.

Edited by jeen