What MBs are you using today?

Blade Runner

Sorry, no pictures:

• 146 Meisterstück Solitaire Silver Fibre, factory "fine" nib, Sailor Summer Edition "Rikyu-Cha" ink (a very dark murky olive green-brown ink)
  • Starwalker Doué ballpoint, "fine" blue refill

Cheers

Michael

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Ghost Plane

• mejdrich

• Tom Aquinas

Newly aquired 146 Vermeil with Florida blue ink. Nib? Not sure to be honest, bit stubby but getting it re done anyway.

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

A MB 149 I purchased at a great price at the DC Pen Show. It was bought out of a fellow collectors pocket and he had filled it with MB blue-black ink.

A 214 fine nib with J. Herbin Bleu Nuit.

Best regards, Kai

Montblanc 13x, #20/25/30/40, 244/6 Green Marbled, 322 Azure Blue, 234 1/2 G/PL, 256, 220, 34.

Montblanc 144G Grey, 146G Green Striated, 146 Silver Barley, 149 (50s-00s).

Montblanc WE Christie, Imperial Dragon, Wilde, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Proust, Schiller, Verne, Mann, Twain. PoA Prince Regent, Morgan...

Visconti Pontevecchio LE, Metropolitan Gordian Knot, Ripples. Omas Paragon Royale Blue HT, Extra Lucens Black LE. Pilot Silvern. Pelikan 620 Shanghai, 800 Blue o Blue.

My trusty 149 18k fine nib with Waterman Florida Blue ink:

post-38941-026620800 1281991729.jpg

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

MB 149 medium with MB Oyster Grey

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/jelb/IMG_9860.jpg

Recently purchased MB 149 with an EF nib from the Montblanc Boutique at the King of Prussia Mall in Pennsylvania. I have the pen inked with Montblanc Midnight Blue.

The purchasing experience was outstanding and the pen writes smooth and lays down a nice clean line. It will become my everyday writer. Oh, by the way, this is my

first MB fountain pen even though I've been writing with fountain pens for a few years. It's exciting to be a member of the Montblanc family.

There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man

that he does not know until he takes up his pen to write.

Thackeray

Recently purchased MB 149 with an EF nib from the Montblanc Boutique at the King of Prussia Mall in Pennsylvania. I have the pen inked with Montblanc Midnight Blue.

The purchasing experience was outstanding and the pen writes smooth and lays down a nice clean line. It will become my everyday writer. Oh, by the way, this is my

first MB fountain pen even though I've been writing with fountain pens for a few years. It's exciting to be a member of the Montblanc family.

Very friendly staff at the KoP boutique. Congrats on the 149. It's an awesome pen, and its appeal never fades for me. Welcome and enjoy!

Sorry, no pictures:

• 146 Meisterstück Solitaire Silver Fibre, factory "fine" nib, Sailor Summer Edition "Rikyu-Cha" ink (a very dark murky olive green-brown ink)
  • Starwalker Doué ballpoint, "fine" blue refill

Cheers

Michael

Another Solitaire! :bunny01:

Michael R.: picture of the ink??? (Handwriting sample, I mean...)

I know some of you will list this ink here: Ink Colors That Make You Want To Barf What are the ugliest colors you've ever seen? but actually lots of favorite inks of mine are listed there :P

Here is a quick and un-corrected scan from my ink sample booklet part IX:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Inks/Sailor.jpg

Actually the Rikyu-Cha is slightly darker and shows more brown shading than on the scan (it has a similar metallic glow just like Tokiwa-Matsu but in reddish-brown and not gold).

Another Solitaire! :bunny01:

...I know plus another pen pouch (the long desired and discontinued chocolate diary & notes case) :embarrassed_smile: I should stop going to place having MB pens on special sale.

...but the Silver Fibre is so beautiful and goes along with the Gold&Black nicely; a perfect "night&day" couple!

I never paid attention to the Silver Fibre so I was surprised that the fibre panels are actually semi-transparent laquer over an engraved pattern! Photographs just don't do justice to it.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Montblanc/GoldFibre.jpg

Michael

PS: the Gold&Black is filled with Doyou (a very dark brown with grey and purple tones)

Guten Tag Michael,

You're right, that is a nice Solitaire pairing! And the color of that D&N case is really the best I've seen with the contrast of the leather and stitching.

P.S.

I bought the Toffee brown, but haven't tried it yet. Glad you got the letter. J

MB 146 Broad filled with Iroshizuku Yama-Guri, wettest possible combination :cloud9:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_MCvBWiEoWE4/TGrIV3iX5DI/AAAAAAAAAtM/zGTqxY8JhyA/s800/IMG_2967.jpg

Edited by raulfragoso

[]'s

Raul Fragoso

Today's fortune: "Write yourself a threatening letter and pen a defiant reply."

My latest, a 14K fine nib 149. Off to see the pen doctor next Thursday. Hope I'll have it back soon, all better and ready for many years of joy.

post-38941-044199900 1282081402.jpg

And what will the pen doctor do?

The doctor will take a look at this problem to see if it can be fixed (and will hopefully tell me this does not have to cost EUR 130)

I have been using my new 147 sized Solitaire Steel II with B nib. I love the weight and finish of this pen, and the nib produces a very smooth, wide line.

post-43955-019164400 1282160088.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A work in Progress!