• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Ghost Plane

• mejdrich

• Tom Aquinas

Charles Dickens with a 0.9mm cursive italic done by our very own FPN member Oxian..... ink wise Waterman Florida Blue.

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Sadly, none yet. But I am hoping that Santa will remember me this year. If he brings all the MB's that I've asked for over the years I shall be a happy man indeed.

William Faulkner, broad nib, Montblanc Bordeaux

Thomas Mann, broad nib, Herbin Bleu Myosotis

Boheme Big size OB with Seasons greetings :)

Hi there, do you have any idea where I might find a Big Boheme like yours? I've searching for a while....

Terry.

Oscar Wilde pen with B nib and inked with Florida Blue Waterman. :)

Edited by daenghafez

A new 149 OB, my first Montblanc oblque. :wub:

Jeen, other than the rotation factor, how does the OB nib differ from your straight Bs? Is its sweet spot smaller? Does it have roughly the same amount of line variation or more? Oblique nibs usually work well for me, but I have not had the chance to try one from Montblanc yet.

A new 149 OB, my first Montblanc oblque. :wub:

Jeen, other than the rotation factor, how does the OB nib differ from your straight Bs? Is its sweet spot smaller? Does it have roughly the same amount of line variation or more? Oblique nibs usually work well for me, but I have not had the chance to try one from Montblanc yet.

I have a bunch of MB broads, so I wanted to try something new. I think the oblique offers a certain comfort factor if you angle or rotate your nib counterclockwise a bit. Otherwise the nib is quite similar to standard broads, including the nice stubbish line variation. If you're interested I recomend testing them out at a boutique.

MB 234 1/2 Luxe edition with the sweetest 14 kt nib

Coincidentally, that is almost the exact pen I am using today for sketching and, for writing, my 333 1/2.

http://www.fotocommunity.com/pc/pc/mypics/935326/display/19383798

Now, that's a pen I would like to take hiking. My 234 1/2 has the most beautiful, fine, 14 kt nib: when I examine it with my loupe, it is like an elegant metal sculpture.

I promise not to drop it.

I'm using a borrowed (sent to me for repair) 149 with an early 1970s BBB nib. Yes it is BBB. Yes it is really BBB. This nib is wider than any of my BB nis and is a semi-flex too. What a fantastic nib, and too bad for me that I must send it back to its original owner.

Did I mention this 149 had a BBB nib?

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.