FS: Esterbrook Visumaster, Triples & Js

System of Adam

All pens with the exception of the Visumaster are fully working and restored. Sacs are new, J bars have been cleaned and polished. Each pen has 2 to 6 hours worth of hand polishing or more. Do not be concerned about cracks, splits, loose clips or anything like that. As I have sold many, many, many pens I continually evaluated my personal collection and replaced any lesser pens with any better pens as they became available. Several of these pens are probably unique or very lose to it. For example the visumaster appears to be the only one known in the dark copper color. The double cap band with #3 imprinted is one of only a couple similar models and is the only one with the #3 on it. The dollar with the gold colored cap band is the only known example that I am aware of. Obviously there are also a ton of 3xxx series starburt nibs, 8440 gold plate nib, some flexies and some broads. The pens are sold with their nibs as listed to ease confusion.

It is my hope to sell some of these guys to raise funds to buy a larger collection so I am motivated to sell, but I also know what these are worth so the prices will only go so low. That being said there are bound to be some deals!

First no quibble PM gets it, but questions are certainly welcome and will be quickly responded to. Shipping is $5 in North America or $12 outside of North America. Insurance is not included but available. I would like to get pens shipped out by monday if possible. Thanks everyone!

Dark Copper Visumaster asking $475

Probably unique. It is in excellent original condition. The sac is shot but frankly I'm too chicken to open her up and change it out. The cap button is stainless steal with the "Easterbrook" imprint. The visulated section is clear with zero ambering. The nib is a 9461 which is a "fine manifold." I get at least a PM a week about this pen due to its picture in my avatar and now it is up for grabs. I will never see another one of these and visumasters hardly ever come up for sale anywhere. A great chance to own an uber-rare and very pretty pen!

post-15924-1231522342_thumb.jpg

Black Double Jewel J 2968 asking $55

Straight up black J with a Broad Stub nib.

Green Triple Jewel J with 3668 asking $75

Fantastic color triple jewel transitional J with the early "R. Esterbrook Co" imprint and a firm medium starburst nib.

post-15924-1231522708_thumb.jpg

Blue Triple Jewel J with 2788 asking $65

Fantastic color triple jewel transitional j with the early "R. Esterbrook Co" imprint and a flexible medium nib

post-15924-1231522879_thumb.jpg

Gray Triple Jewel J with 9968 asking $65

Highly figuered triple jewel transitional j with the early "R. Esterbrook Co" imprint and a firm broad nib

post-15924-1231523034_thumb.jpg

Gray SJ Dummy pen (no nib, no sac) Asking $10

Used in an Esterbrook store counter display way back when. These don't come up real often and do contain a K bar, inner cap liner, jewels, clips and obviously a section and barrels so there are parts here even if you don't need a dummy pen.

post-15924-1231523236_thumb.jpg

Probably unique Black Dollar with Gold (filled, plate) cap band with 8440 gold starburst nib asking $200

Never seen another one and neither has anyone that I know in the business. Not in any book that I can find and obviously not in the catalogs. Early "R. Esterbrook Co" imprint on barrel. The nib is the rare 8440 super fine gold plated starburst nib. This is probably one of the sharpest Esties on the planet! The nib alone will sell for $100 in many shops.

Probably unique Black Dollar with double cap bands with 2284 nib asking $125

This one was purchased on FPN a long time ago from a fellow member and there is a thread dedicated to it on the Esterbrook section of the website. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong, Brian) that there is one other known with a different number stamped into the barrel. This one says "113" It has been speculated that these were pens used in testing at the Esterbrook factory but nobody knows for sure. A very, very rare pen. The nib is a 2284 signature stub!

Probably unique Gray Icicle like Full dollar with 9968 nib asking $80

Never seen another one. This is either a weird end of production day model or a prototype of some variety. The barrel has very define dark stripes between each individual slice of celluloid and there are far more sections of celluloid that one normally finds in the barrel of a dollar pen. The imprint is the early "R. Esterbrook Co." and the nib is a 9968 firm broad. Very cool!

Blue Full Dollar with 9556 nib asking $60

Fantastic color full size dollar with early "R. Esterbrook Co." imprint. The nib is a 9556 "fine writing" nib. It is my belief that these nibs are one of the most underrated of all the Estie catalog.

post-15924-1231524824_thumb.jpg

Gray Full Dollar with 3556 nib asking $75

Highly figured, knocks your socks off in person, gray full size dollar with early "R. Esterbrook Co." imprint. The nib is a starburst 3556 which is the 3xxx series version of the above 9556 "fine writing." I think these nibs are awesome and even better in a 'burst!

post-15924-1231525086_thumb.jpg

Blue Dollar pencil with large hole clip asking $25

Nice pencil, matches with the dollar pens. Includes the eraser insert piece which is often missing on these guys. There is no led but it's the click feed and led is pretty easy to find.

Blue Full Dollar (small hole clip) with 2048 nib asking $75

Fantastic color Full size dollar with early "R. Esterbrook Co." imprint. The nib is a 2048 flexible fine and has been expertly tuned by the fine folks at Pendemonium for a smooth and expressive line. This was my carrying pen for a long time and it never failed to elicit lust in any fountain pen junky that I happened to meet.

Red Full Dollar large hole clip with 3550 nib asking $80

One of the prettiest red Dollars I have ever seen. The imprint is the early "R Esterbrook Co." The nib is a very nice (and hard to find) sunburst "extra fine" This is one of Esties finest nibs in my opinion.

Okay, that is it for now. More desk sets on the way later. Have a good time!!!

Adam

[size=4][size=3]I Buy, Restore & Sell Esterbrook Pens, Desk Sets & Pencils[/size][/size]

Currently on the hunt for:

Soennecken especially model 111 or matching pencils 11
Soennecken "Tower" sub-brand
Esterbrook or Waterman "Clergy" models with engraved crosses

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• System of Adam

• jimg

• OcalaFlGuy

• eriquito

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No Quibble PM Sent RE:

- Black Double Jewel J 2968

- Probably unique Black Dollar with Gold (filled, plate) cap band with 8440 gold starburst nib

- Probably unique Black Dollar with double cap bands with 2284 nib

Woo-hooooo!

Happy Friday!!

My Crew List

~

http://monbonvoyage.com/FPN/images/MBV_petit.jpg

~

"In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane."

- Oscar Wilde

The following are sold pending payment. Thanks very much!

- Probably unique Black Dollar with Gold (filled, plate) cap band with 8440 gold starburst nib

Adam

[size=4][size=3]I Buy, Restore & Sell Esterbrook Pens, Desk Sets & Pencils[/size][/size]

And... Payment has been sent for:

Thanks Adam, the pens will be well cared for!

Now if I can only stay out of the "For Sale" section long enough to put some info in my FPN profile...

My Crew List

~

http://monbonvoyage.com/FPN/images/MBV_petit.jpg

~

"In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane."

- Oscar Wilde

Hello,

A quick question. I've seen the 1000s , 2000s and 9000s series of nibs but I'm totally clueless about the 3000s and 8000s series.

Are they rarer than the 1000s , 2000s and 9000s?? What makes them different with the starbust in terms of writing?

Hello,

A quick question. I've seen the 1000s , 2000s and 9000s series of nibs but I'm totally clueless about the 3000s and 8000s series.

Are they rarer than the 1000s , 2000s and 9000s?? What makes them different with the starbust in terms of writing?

This is from Richard's fantastic site:

"The standard Renew-Point was the Duracrome series. For a short period beginning about 1938, Esterbrook also produced the 3xxx of Osmiridium Tip nibs; these nibs have a very attractive sunburst design. Production of 9000-series Master Series nibs began in 1940; like the 3xxx, these nibs were tipped with osmiridium and provided better performance and durability than the standard nibs. During the Second World War, Esterbrook made 8000-series nibs of 12K palladium alloy to conserve critical war resources. (Revised December 20, 2008) "

As far as writing goes, the 3xxx and the 8xxx are hard finished nibs like the 9xxx but are far more rare and desirable for that reason.

Thanks much!!!

PM sent on the Blue Dollar pencil. Just had to get it to go along with my own restored Blue

Dollar pen. wooNhoo! :bunny01:

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

The following are sold!!!

- Blue Dollar Pencil

- Red Full Dollar Pen with 3550

The rest are still available!

Dark Copper Visumaster asking $475 NOW $450

Probably unique. It is in excellent original condition. The sac is shot but frankly I'm too chicken to open her up and change it out. The cap button is stainless steal with the "Easterbrook" imprint. The visulated section is clear with zero ambering. The nib is a 9461 which is a "fine manifold." I get at least a PM a week about this pen due to its picture in my avatar and now it is up for grabs. I will never see another one of these and visumasters hardly ever come up for sale anywhere. A great chance to own an uber-rare and very pretty pen!

Black Double Jewel J 2968 asking $55 SOLD

Green Triple Jewel J with 3668 asking $75 NOW $65

Fantastic color triple jewel transitional J with the early "R. Esterbrook Co" imprint and a firm medium starburst nib.

see earlier picture

Blue Triple Jewel J with 2788 asking $65 NOW $55

Fantastic color triple jewel transitional j with the early "R. Esterbrook Co" imprint and a flexible medium nib

see earlier picture

Gray Triple Jewel J with 9968 asking $65 NOW $55

Highly figuered triple jewel transitional j with the early "R. Esterbrook Co" imprint and a firm broad nib

see earlier picture

Gray SJ Dummy pen (no nib, no sac) Asking $10 NOW $8

Used in an Esterbrook store counter display way back when. These don't come up real often and do contain a K bar, inner cap liner, jewels, clips and obviously a section and barrels so there are parts here even if you don't need a dummy pen.

see earlier picture

Probably unique Black Dollar with Gold (filled, plate) cap band with 8440 gold starburst nib asking $200 SOLD

Probably unique Black Dollar with double cap bands with 2284 nib asking $125 SOLD

Probably unique Gray Icicle like Full dollar with 9968 nib asking $80 NOW $70

Never seen another one. This is either a weird end of production day model or a prototype of some variety. The barrel has very define dark stripes between each individual slice of celluloid and there are far more sections of celluloid that one normally finds in the barrel of a dollar pen. The imprint is the early "R. Esterbrook Co." and the nib is a 9968 firm broad. Very cool!

see earlier pictures

Blue Full Dollar with 9556 nib asking $60 NOW $50

Fantastic color full size dollar with early "R. Esterbrook Co." imprint. The nib is a 9556 "fine writing" nib. It is my belief that these nibs are one of the most underrated of all the Estie catalog.

see earlier picture

Gray Full Dollar with 3556 nib asking $75 NOW $65

Highly figured, knocks your socks off in person, gray full size dollar with early "R. Esterbrook Co." imprint. The nib is a starburst 3556 which is the 3xxx series version of the above 9556 "fine writing." I think these nibs are awesome and even better in a 'burst!

see earlier picture

Blue Dollar pencil with large hole clip asking $25 SOLD

Blue Full Dollar (small hole clip) with 2048 nib asking $75 NOW $65

Fantastic color Full size dollar with early "R. Esterbrook Co." imprint. The nib is a 2048 flexible fine and has been expertly tuned by the fine folks at Pendemonium for a smooth and expressive line. This was my carrying pen for a long time and it never failed to elicit lust in any fountain pen junky that I happened to meet.

post-15924-1231708708_thumb.jpg

Red Full Dollar large hole clip with 3550 nib asking $80 SOLD

Lots of great pens still available at lower prices! Thanks very much for all your questions and interest!

The following are now sold:

- Blue Dollar Pencil

- Red Full Dollar Pen with 3550

- Probably unique Gray Icicle like Full dollar with 9968 nib

- Blue Full Dollar (small hole clip) with 2048 nib

That leaves

- Dark Copper Visumaster asking $475 ...NOW $425

- Green Triple Jewel J with 3668 asking $75 ...NOW $60

- Blue Triple Jewel J with 2788 asking $65 ...NOW $50

- Gray Triple Jewel J with 9968 asking $65 ...NOW $50

- Gray SJ Dummy pen (no nib, no sac) Asking $10 ...NOW $7

- Blue Full Dollar with 9556 nib asking $60 ...NOW $50

- Gray Full Dollar with 3556 nib asking $75 ...NOW $65

Keep in mind that the last visumaster that sold on ebay went for $371 and it had ink staining in the section and was the far more common green color. $425 is a very, very reasonable price for this fantastic example!

Adam

Bump

great stuff, you are right, the visumaster is such an eyecatching pen. I wish my $$$ situation was better, it is the best looking one I have seen for some time. I guess it is good to say, that all of the esties you offered, look very nice. Some nice uncommon stuff there.

Best!

Rick

http://www.chiltonpens.com/images/displaystyle.jpg

BUMP

Scratching my head why some of these haven't sold. :hmm1: I bought a *Very Nice*

Copper Dollar pen a few months ago from Adam and it wasn't even one of his personal

"chosen few". These must be Very Nice Pens and still, here they sit. :huh:

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Well... here it is... the last price reduction on the Visumaster! This is way too beautiful and rare a pen to sell off for a price that I couldn't live with. These pens come up on ebay perhaps 3 or four times a year on ebay. The last one was in hideous shape and sold for $25 less than I'm asking for this one. The reality is that this pen is in museum quality condition and is probably unique in the known collection of Esterbrooks out there. Now $400 inclusive of shipping within the US only. (Regular shipping outside of NA, but I'll probably go half price unless it is outrageous). All other pens, desk sets and such include free shipping when you buy one or more. Whatever doesn't sell will most likely go back into my closet and not show up again for a long, long time. SO NOW is the time if you see something you'd like...

Thanks to everyone!!!

Adam