List of all of Montblanc's pens

emes441

About a year ago, someone posted a link to a list to all of the pens produced by Montblanc. Anyone have any idea what I am talking about?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Diamondback

• mase001

• emes441

Top Posters In This Topic

fountainpen.de has a pretty exhaustive list, is that what you meant?

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

I am not sure. The website I was thinking about had all pens in Montblanc's history together with a nice big picture of each pen. Could be it's there, just haven't found it yet.

Let me retract- they have a good list there- not exactly what I remembered, but it'll do. Thanks again. :thumbup:

Edited by emes441

I am not sure. The website I was thinking about had all pens in Montblanc's history together with a nice big picture of each pen. Could be it's there, just haven't found it yet.

Let me retract- they have a good list there- not exactly what I remembered, but it'll do. Thanks again. :thumbup:

There are a lot of good sites out there. I am working on it under the reference section of www.azpens.com but it is still far from complete!

Mason

If anyone can find a list (+pix) of all the MBs I would be very grateful.

I find the names and catalog of the MB pens very muddled and confusing (I won't go into details but you may have had the same problem)

Solitaire

About a year ago, someone posted a link to a list to all of the pens produced by Montblanc. Anyone have any idea what I am talking about?

Current models, ca 1970 to present? Or vintage models or both? Two very good references for MBs are The Montblanc Diary, by Jens Rösler, and Collectible Stars, by Jens Rösler and Stefan Wallrafen. The Montblanc Diary lists pens up to 1949, and Collectible Stars discusses MBs up to 1979.

Edited by niksch

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

Anyone know where I can get the books Eric mentioned?

Jeen,

I believe that John Mottishaw has copies of Collectible Stars available on his website (nibs.com). I purchased a copy just before Christmas. The other book, The Montblanc Diary and Collectors Guide, is much harder to find. Your best bet is likely to be eBay unless you can find someone willing to part with their copy. There is one listed on Amazon.com at the moment at $799 - way over priced in my opinion.

Mark

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try" Mark Twain (American Humourist, Writer and Lecturer. 1835-1910)

I am adding reviews as quickly as I can get them done. Take a look if you'd like at the ones I have done so far:

http://www.azpens.com/AZPens/Montblanc_Reviews.html

I know its a shameless plug, but I am working hard to share as many pictures with people as I can!

:)

Mason

Thank you for sharing your beautifu pens. Your site promises to be a valued resource for those interested in MB pens.

Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Best,

Jeen

Thanks everyone

I learned a great deal from these refs.

I have always been intrigued that the MB Kaiserpen 139 is 139-mm

And the MB 149 measures 149-mm

My 146 seems to measure about 146-mm

In the past I have found these coincidences to bewilder experts - and that can be fun

Solitaire

Jeen,

I believe that John Mottishaw has copies of Collectible Stars available on his website (nibs.com). I purchased a copy just before Christmas. The other book, The Montblanc Diary and Collectors Guide, is much harder to find. Your best bet is likely to be eBay unless you can find someone willing to part with their copy. There is one listed on Amazon.com at the moment at $799 - way over priced in my opinion.

Mark

I saw a copy of the same book at abebooks.com,but they wanted $625.00 for it--still too high,IMHO.

John

Irony is not lost on INFJ's--in fact,they revel in it.

Jeen,

Mark

I saw a copy of the same book at abebooks.com,but they wanted $625.00 for it--still too high,IMHO.

John

I just purchased The Montblanc Diary And Collectors Guide for $35 shipped. Given the prices I have seen for this book on various sites and its scarcity, I consider this a real bargain :thumbup: :cloud9: .

Mark

Edited by Diamondback

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try" Mark Twain (American Humourist, Writer and Lecturer. 1835-1910)