• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nussbaum Pen Co. Phoenix White Mountain (M) with lahlahlaw's Tomahawk mod, inked with Diamine Imperial Blue.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

Nussbaum Pen Co. Phoenix White Mountain (M) with lahlahlaw's Tomahawk mod, inked with Diamine Imperial Blue.

I had to look it up. :yikes: Did you ever show us a writing sample of that nib?

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

Three pens today

1. Waterman 52 filled with PW Akkerman Hopjesbruin

2. Waterman Commando filled with Waterman Mystery Blue

3. Parker Vacumatic filled with Pelikan Black ink

I keep notebooks with color-coded content, so I have several in my pen wrap:

1. Parker 51 - Quink black

2. Pelikan M200 - Diamine Dark Olive

3. TWSBI Micarta - Diamine Oxblood

4. TWSBI 580 - Lie de The

5. Ohto Poche - Noodler's Blue Black

6. Rotring Freeway - Poussiere de Lune

What do you think of your Nussbaum? I've seen these for sale on isellpens.com and am always curious if they're any good.

Rotating between a Parker 51 & Vacumatic Major both loaded with blueblack Quink :)

Short cuts make delays, but inns make longer ones.
Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring, A Short Cut to Mushrooms

Black and rhodium Sailor Pro Gear with F nib and Iroshizuku Shin-Ryoku ink.

Black and gold Sailor Sapporo with F nib and Private Reserve Electric DC Blue ink.

Black and gold Parker Sonnet with M nib and Iroshizuku Chiku-Rin ink.

Black and gold Pelikan M150 with F nib and Iroshizuku Kon-Peki ink.

Coral Lamy Safari with EF nib and Lamy Coral ink.

Pink Pilot Vanishing Point filled with Organic Studio Emily Dickinson for notes/highlights, Rose gold and black TWSBI, with a gold nib from Pendleton, filled with BayState Blue for documents that are going to other people.

I had to look it up. :yikes: Did you ever show us a writing sample of that nib?

I haven't mastered the bit o'flex aspect yet.

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad301/cynthiapowers/WP_0003691.jpg

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad301/cynthiapowers/WP_000373.jpg

What do you think of your Nussbaum? I've seen these for sale on isellpens.com and am always curious if they're any good.

I've been really pleased with it. It's fairly light (25g) but not so light that it feels flimsy. To me, it's long (pic below of the Phoenix next to an Estie J) - just over 5.5", capped. It's awkwardly long posted (6.75") but not particularly back heavy which surprised me because the cap is heavy. It's about 4.75" unposted which is comfortable for me.

I think the finishing is really nice for a moderately-priced pen (I feel like one of the Top Gear guys with their reasonably priced cars). The part that the converter fits into (is that still the section?) is metal, not plastic (see the second pic above w/the pen open) and the converter is a Schmidt. Not sure about the maker of the nib but it was smooth out of the box. It says "Iridium Point Germany" if that tells you anything. All the plating is smooth and even, the clip is sturdy, and I don't see any surface flaws. I haven't had any hard starts even after three or four days of non-use and Art's mod hasn't changed that. It was a moderately wet M from Todd and now it's a juicy wide M (totally subjective, I know).

One thing that might bother some people is that the section and the end of the barrel look dark where the black portion of the section and the black converter knob show through the plastic/acrylic a bit.

Estie J/Nussbaum Phoenix Size Comparison:

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad301/cynthiapowers/WP_000374.jpg

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

Today I used my Pilot plain black Metropolitan inked with J. Herbin Bleu Nuit to journal my time at the park with my 4 year old daughter on the most perfectly beautiful Autumn day. It was very pleasant and relaxing. I love that she is old enough to remember my rules and not need to be followed about as she plays. It makes for a great time to write.

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

Today:

1. Pelikan M600 Green Stripe - M nib, filled with Pelikan Edelstein Topaz ink.

2. Mont Blanc Meisterstuck No. 144 - F nib, filled with Mont Blanc Burgundy Red ink.

Paper - Basildon Bond watermarked, vintage from 80'

Temo.

Conway Stewart Belliver in Classic Brown, Delta Black (hurray, this is my last cartridge and I can switch back to bottled ink again).

Going old school tonight...

A beautiful Waterman 42 with the usual fine, flexy nib. Been writing with it all evening, while watching the terribly "propped" History Channel "The Men Who Built America." A great pen.

post-29086-0-09059300-1413688112_thumb.jpg

"Here was a man who had said, with his wan smile, that once he realized that he would never be a protagonist, he decided to become, instead, an intelligent spectator, for there was no point in writing without serious motivation." - Casaubon referring to Belbo, Foucault's Pendulum.

It might take a while before I'm able to take pictures and post them, but... this page shows them very, very nicely:

Visconti Homo Sapiens - The coolest piece of rock.

Bought my VHS in Bronze after visiting that page, and now the Steel has joined it. Lovely pair of pens. Mine are factory F and Stub.

They look awesome! Thanks.

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

I was busy yesterday....

Today's pens in use, for varying reasons, will be:

Waterman Commando

Sheaffer Statesman

Esterbrook SJ 9556

Esterbrook J 9556

Conway Stewart 57 (still having some feed issues)

Esterbrook Dollar pen 9461 (still my preferred daily)