What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

Safari 1.1mm with Konpeki

M800 Broad stub with South Seas Blue

Lamy 2000 EF with Aurora Black

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been using my Lamy 2000. Easily my favorite pen. There is a slight discoloration to the barrel which concerns me. I'm going to ask Lamy what that might be.

Two P51s, burgundy and midnight blue, filled with Diamine Red Dragon and Diamine Denim respectively, a Parker Vacumatic Golden Pearl filled with Diamine Chocolate Brown, and a Parson's Essential filled with Diamine Asa Blue.

All served a very specific function at school today.

Now, that's impressive. And intimidating. I have never seen that CS in a size comparison before, it must be a monster in the hand when posted. Heck even NOT posted!

My poor Viceroy Grand is feeling a trifle... inadequate right now. Shame on you!

The Viceroy Grand is not much bigger than other pens, but it is heftier at 67 grams (capped), since the body and cap are solid sterling silver. What's the weight on the Great Exhibition?

Here is a size comparison of the Viceroy with a Pelikan M800 and a Nakaya Neo Standard. It's almost identical in dimensions as the Nakaya.

http://baric.home.comcast.net/images/viceroy-comparison.jpg

Will get back to you on the CS weight but my MB Marlene Dietrich LE in silver weighs in at 81.41 grams un inked without a convertor fitted. Hefty for a 'ladies' pen or what ! Think the resin 149 with a half full tank weighs in at about 34 grams if my memory serves me right.

link below to the CS review when I bought it

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/215908-my-second-cs-has-arrived/

Edited by Pen Nut

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

I'm using my Monteverde Intima a lot. I changed the stub nib to a Goulet fine point nib and it's a very pleasant pen to use. it deserves orange ink for it's volcanic lava design but it's filled with Iroshizuku Momiji at the moment, for emphasis notes. My standard pen is a MB burgundy colored Slimline filled with Konpeki (I have a blue version as well and you'd THINK I'd put the blue ink ink in that one, but no...it has black ink.)

I've been using my Lamy 2000. Easily my favorite pen. There is a slight discoloration to the barrel which concerns me. I'm going to ask Lamy what that might be.

Change the case or whatever carrying method you're using... Tight fits or rough surfaces can cause this issue, but I'm not sure is a discolouration of the makrolon, maybe it's the wear of the brushed finished in a specific spot when it touches de case or tiny debris from the case material.

Rub the spot with your fingers and the difference in 'colour' will be much less noticeable in a few days...

Platinum #3776 Century in burgundy sf nib filled with Conway Stewart St. Blazy ink

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

In a few minutes, I will use two very nice Lamy 2000 each one in extra fine. One from 80's, other from nowadays. :)

LYTH

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee402/LYTH1/031.jpg

For the job paperwork, Monteverde Invincia with Quink Black. For correspondence, Speedball holder with a B-6 and a whole buncha inks.

Until you ink a pen, it is merely a pretty stick. --UK Mike

My arsenal, in order of acquisition: Sailor 21 Pocket Pen M, Cross Solo M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger True Writer M, Jinhao 159 M, Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1 stub, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsity M disposables refillables, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Pilot MR, Noodler's Ahab 1.1 stub, another Preppy 0.3, Preppy EF 0.2, ASA Sniper F, Click Majestic F, Kaweco Sport M, Pilot Prera F, Baoer 79 M (fake Starwalker), Hero 616 M (fake Parker), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands M . . .

31 and counting :D

DaveBj

Accompanying others..the following....

Omas Jerusalem 3000 in black with a medium/fine nib.

Namiki Raden VP 1st generation..italic nib..

Montblanc 146 black purchased in '66 with a sweet OOB nib...

Sailor Magelan in Jade Green with music nib....

S.T. Dupont Large 1st generation Vertigo with a sweet factory stub.....

They are filled with Waterman Blue-Black and Montblanc Royal Blue ink.....................

Fred

Help me, Cassius, or I sink! ~ William Shakespeare

Shirt pen today was a Levenger True Writer in Golden Tortoise with a Fine nib, inked with Pelikan Edelstein Topaz.

http://baric.home.comcast.net/images/levenger-golden-tortoise.png

Writing all morning with this Waterman Ruby Red Edson..a firm smooth fine nib..which

is filled with Camlin Royal Blue ink.

fpn_1412802807__edson_rr.jpg

Fred

Wagyu.. hmm...that's good beef

OMAS 360 black with HT trim and a generous medium nib, filled with Iroshizuku tsukushi brown (Horsetail brown)

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Pelikan M101N Tortoiseshell Brown with 14K Medium Nib and Waterman's Serenity Blue

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Visconti Homo Sapiens (Steel, Oversize) with stub nib and MB Permanent Grey. Just received the pen yesterday and we still need to get used to each other, but the nib is very promising! Permanent Grey was the only ink I had with me, and I couldn't wait till I got home. Will definitely soon try this pen with a brighter ink.

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

Writing all morning with this Waterman Ruby Red Edson..a firm smooth fine nib..which

is filled with Camlin Royal Blue ink.

fpn_1412802807__edson_rr.jpg

Fred

Wagyu.. hmm...that's good beef

Ask for your money back.............. That appears to be the Edson Diamond Black to me.

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

In my shirt will be a Pelikan 215 EF with Diamine Mediterranean Blue and on my desk, a Lamy Safari fine nib, also with Diamine Mediterranean Blue.