What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

Pelikan M800 LE concerto with Diamine Teal, B-nib

Happy Writing!, Mainecoon

Dreams are presentiments of what you are able to accomplish (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mild obsession with matching the look of the pen and the ink today:

Pelikan M1000 Starlight with medium nib and Caran d'Ache Ultra Violet - such a good combination it received a second fill.

Classic Pens LB5 Tairiku Amethyst Mauve (based on Sailor King of Pens) with (Japanese) medium nib and Diamine Bilberry - a perfect match and I had almost forgotten how much I love this ink.

Pelikan M1000 Black-Green with fine nib and Diamine Evergreen - ink looks almost black from this wet nib: just gorgeous.

Edited by cybaea

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

Lamy Persona in black and gold trim in Waterman black.

A very very very great pen.

Waterman DG sterling silver with black lacquer stripe in Herbin vert empire.

Waterman CF flighter in ajisai.

Edited by LYTH

LYTH

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee402/LYTH1/031.jpg

My Parker 51 with Noodle's Air Corps Blue-Black & my TWSBI Mini w/BLS fine inked with Noodler's Antietam. Fall colors for that sorta day.

Dupont Classique from 80's sterling silver EF in take-sumi.

LYTH

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee402/LYTH1/031.jpg

Cross Townsend titanium with Montblanc burgundy ink. Did the nib myself to a cursive italic and very pleased with the result :)

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

YOL Viceroy Grand a " Big Gun "

Nope. . . . a mere tiddler of a tooth pick.

Conway Stewart Great Exhibition flanked by two Edsons (not small pens) gives a new meaning to " Big Gun "

fpn_1346439745__con1_1.jpg

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Posted next to a Montblanc 146 vermeil................

fpn_1345143672__conway_6.jpg

I am back at work today. After six months of retirement, the security detachment that I used to manage ran short of warm bodies (surgery and recuperation), so I got called in for a couple days. "Work" involves mostly just sitting at a desk all by myself, so I am going to write a couple of letters and work on the next chapter in my personal commentary on St. Paul's Epistle to the Romans. I am using my Monteverde Invincia (Quink Black) for the official forms, my Speedball dipper with a bunch of colored inks for the letters, and my new 580 USA (Susemai Blue All) for the commentary.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I'll also be paying some bills, so I'll be using my Alder ballpoint pocket pen, in order to make an impression on the carbonless copy.

Edited by DaveBj

Until you ink a pen, it is merely a pretty stick. --UK Mike

My arsenal, in order of acquisition: Sailor 21 Pocket Pen M, Cross Solo M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger True Writer M, Jinhao 159 M, Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1 stub, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsity M disposables refillables, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Pilot MR, Noodler's Ahab 1.1 stub, another Preppy 0.3, Preppy EF 0.2, ASA Sniper F, Click Majestic F, Kaweco Sport M, Pilot Prera F, Baoer 79 M (fake Starwalker), Hero 616 M (fake Parker), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands M . . .

31 and counting :D

DaveBj

Posted next to a Montblanc 146 vermeil................

fpn_1345143672__conway_6.jpg

The Conway is an awesome looking pen, does it write as well as it looks?

YOL Viceroy Grand a " Big Gun "

Nope. . . . a mere tiddler of a tooth pick.

Conway Stewart Great Exhibition flanked by two Edsons (not small pens) gives a new meaning to " Big Gun "

Now, that's impressive. And intimidating. I have never seen that CS in a size comparison before, it must be a monster in the hand when posted. Heck even NOT posted!

My poor Viceroy Grand is feeling a trifle... inadequate right now. Shame on you!

The Viceroy Grand is not much bigger than other pens, but it is heftier at 67 grams (capped), since the body and cap are solid sterling silver. What's the weight on the Great Exhibition?

Here is a size comparison of the Viceroy with a Pelikan M800 and a Nakaya Neo Standard. It's almost identical in dimensions as the Nakaya.

http://baric.home.comcast.net/images/viceroy-comparison.jpg