What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

Pilot VP (Capless) in Valley [Metallic] Green with black trim and a black EF NIB, inked with Noodler's Lexington Grey.

AND

Edison Collier in Silver Marble with an EF [steel] NIB, inked with Noodler's 54th Massachusetts

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today I am playing with my Pelikan M200 with Italic nib. I inked it with Rohrer & Klingner Cassia.

I am a little disappointed with this Italic nib, I was expecting it to be more crisp and have better line variation.

My writing looks nicer with Lamy 1.1 and 1.5 nibs than with this Pelikan Italic nib.

My Birthday pen!

Visconti Divina Elegance in Blue (large size) with fine 23 k palladium nib and Iro Kon-Peki ink

Happy Birthday!!!!

Dusted off the Parker Vector M-nib; unfortunately only uses cartridges so limited in color selection, so black is the choice today

I picked up a Parker converter to use in my Parker Vector. Works great. :)

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

Conway Stewart Belliver in Nebula, IM nib, Diamine Asa Blue

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Edit: having trouble posting a picture from my iPad, darn technology keeps getting in my way!

What a beauty! Looks like it's from outer space!

On your ipad issue-the only way that works for me is to click:

More reply options-choose file-attach file-preview post-add reply

Parker 51 fine w/Noodler's Air Corps Blue-Black, Kaweco Skyline Sport in Mint medium w/Kaweco Paradise Blue, Lamy Vista 1.1mm with Lamy Purple.

Am considering inking up my Pelikan 400 Tortoise in Medium with Noodler's Beaver or Antietam...

Something different today. Along with the Esterbrook J that is my main daily, I also have a couple that I just rejuvenated:

Sheaffer Balance Jr #3 nib

Esterbrook LJ 2668 (the 2556 nib that I started with was just too scratchy and brutal)

On your ipad issue-the only way that works for me is to click:

More reply options-choose file-attach file-preview post-add reply

Yep, I finally figured out the attach setup from an iPhone or iPad. Thanks for confirming that's how others do it as well.

Today I am playing with my Pelikan M200 with Italic nib. I inked it with Rohrer & Klingner Cassia.

I am a little disappointed with this Italic nib, I was expecting it to be more crisp and have better line variation.

My writing looks nicer with Lamy 1.1 and 1.5 nibs than with this Pelikan Italic nib.

Happy Birthday!!!!

I picked up a Parker converter to use in my Parker Vector. Works great. :)

ebay, amazon or somewhere else?

Pilot Custom 823, Fine, with Diamine Graphite

Pilot Custom Heritage 91, Double Broad, with Private Reserve Velvet Black

Sailor 1911 Realo, Broad, with Waterman Inspired Blue

Esterbrook J copper with Private Reserve Copper Burst. Looks more like milk chocolate to me. Now I'm hungry.

Matt

Edited by mtbradley

Currently: Sailor Pro Gear Black/Rhodium M/F with Sailor Jentle Black; Sailor Pro Gear Yellow/Rhodium M/F with Diamine Sargasso Sea; Sailor Pro Gear Slim Sky Demonstrator/Rhodium M with Sailor Jentle Blue; Sailor Pro Gear Apres Ski M with Robert Oster Grey Seas; Sheaffer Touchdown Imperial VIII M with Diamine Asa Blue; Lamy AL-star Ocean Blue M with Private Reserve DC Supershow Blue; Lamy Safari Red F with Sheaffer Skrip Red for grading papers; Lamy Safari Neon Yellow F with Diamine Kelly Green; Esterbrook J Blue 9668 with Noodlers Ottoman Azure; Esterbrook J Red 9668 with Diamine Red Dragon; Esterbrook J Copper 2668 with Diamine Ancient Copper; Esterbrook J Gray 9668 with Robert Oster Stormy Seas; TWSBI Vac700R M with Robert Oster Grey Seas; Noodler's Ahab Clear Demonstrator M with Diamine Midnight; Kaweco Skyline Sport M with Diamine Grey; Faber-Castell Goldfaber 1221 HB and Tombow Mono HB

"Reading maketh a full man; conference a ready man; and writing an exact man." Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Which inks are you using?

I was trying some Noodler's.

Today, I'm using the same pen with Paradise Pen Company black for my important school form.

-William S. Park

EDIT: I just inked up my Parker 180 from my grandpa.

Edited by william2001

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

Going to be the new Platinum 3776 Century in Chartres Blue with the Music nib, ink is Pigment Blue at least as long as the cartridge holds out. Then it will drink some Baystate Blue.

Edited by Baric

I got a new pen today! Don't mind all my other junk. :) Twsbi filled with Noodlers Q'Ternity.

Cool tools! Wave and TWSBI (although a 580 in my case) are some of my favorite tools as well.

Today, though, is Montblanc day for me:

MB 246 from Denmark, green marbled, F nib with seaweed green MB Jonathan Swift ink

MB 149 O3B with MB Permanent Grey ink

MB Agatha Christie F with Iroshizuku Asa-gao ink

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

For Today:

- Pocket Pen - Kaweco Al Sport (F) with Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher

- Folio Pen - Jinhao x750 w/ Goulet F nib (new pen, trying it out)

- Journal Pen - Lamy Al Star (F) with Diamine Syrah

Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers ~ Voltaire

Today (so far):

Stainless steel Parker Vector (M) with Diamine Sargasso Sea to start my morning pages journal; finished up when it ran out of ink with:

Parker 61 (M) with the same (now moderately) diluted blue-black ink I've been slowly reconstituting, writing with and then flushing slightly to reconstitute).

Noodler's Ebonite Konrad (flex nib) with Noodler's 54th; and

Noodler's resin Konrad (flex nib) with Noodler's El Lawrence (both for writing checks to pay bills with).

Parker 51Aero (the Plummer) (M) with Noodler's Purpe Heart, for this week's Artist' Way chapter assignments.

Parker Vac Major Silver Pearl (F?) with De Atramentis Tchaikowsky for well, maybe the Sunday crossword....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstained ruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."