What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

I'm writing my agenda with my Parker Sonnet F AGAIN...

"Yay", I'm using the same ink again. However, I have some ink samples I'm going to try this weekend.

-William S. Park

Okay we want to hear about these new inks once you try them.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today I used my Metropolitan F (Noodler's X-Feather), Safari EF (Noodler's La Reine Mauve), and Al-Star EF (Noodler's 54th Massachusetts) for notes in class. I worked on homework with my Ebonite Konrad (Diamine Chocolate Brown) and Platinum 3776 Nice F (Platinum Black).

(I think these may just be my most-used pens! The Konrad and 3776 are definitely my two favourites of what I have in my whole collection)

Today I am carrying, as usual lately, two FPR pens; a Scriveni in black ebonite, with converter, and a FPR Guru piston filler. I was carrying a Dilli, but ran it out of ink, so I am giving it a rest and using its two brothers/sisters.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

Today i have mostly been using Noodler's Ahab with Aurora 14k EF nib. Quite nice if gripped from the thicker side of Ahab's section.

Non notisi signi.

Today's Morning Pages entry was with the Pelikan 400, Brown Tortoise (F) -- Iroshihzuku Yama-guri.

For various assignments for _The Artist's Way_ (I've started the course again, and am using the extremely nice hand-made journal that my husband commissioned from a friend as a gift to me last winter):

Parker Vector, stainless steel (M) -- Diamine Sargasso Sea;

Parker 51 Aero Demi, Plum (M?) -- Noodler's Purple Heart;

Parker 61, Black (M?) -- unknown blue-black ink (a guy in my pen club told me last night I'll probably be re-filling with distilled water and getting useful, legible ink till the end of the year!);

Sheaffer Snorkel Statesman, Aqua (EF) -- Waterman Mysterious Blue;

Parker Vacumatic Major, Silver Pearl (F) -- De Atramentis Tchaikowsky [silver Grey]

Noodler's Konrad, Red Mesa Tortoise (flex nib) -- Noodler's El Lawrence.

Later on I have to pay a couple of bills, and mail a couple of letters, and those will likely be with the Ebonite Konrad, Methusaleh's Pine Cone Ripple (flex nib) with Noodler's 54th Massachusetts (at least for the envelopes and the checks -- the content of the letters might be with one of the previously mentioned inks; or not... :rolleyes:).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Gorgeous!

What ink do you have in this kaweco?

J. Herbin Rouge Opera.. nice ink, just don't care too much for the pink. for whatever reason, i thought it was nice shade of red from the pix on the web. once i started writing with it, i noticed that it's more pink than i cared for.

MBWE E.A. Poe, a fat m-nib, inked with pi ku-jaku.

Happy Writing!, Mainecoon

Dreams are presentiments of what you are able to accomplish (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)

Wahl-Eversharp 713 Dark Blue Symphony fine nib with Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue

Waterman Kultur (blue translucent) with Montblanc Permanent Blue

Waterman Kultur (red translucent) with Noodler's Fox

Waterman Kultur (green translucent) with Noodler's Hunter

Edited by Tasmith

We have Back to School Night tonight. It is a meeting to meet the teacher(s). In previous years, we were asked to write a short note to our child that they can read when they arrive at school the next day. I plan on bringing these pens with me so I can write my note and also decorate it with some doodles:

Lamy Safari (F) ~ Private Reserve Avocado

Lamy Vista (EF) ~ Noodler's Purple Heart

Lamy Vista (1.1) ~ Noodler's Apache Sunset

Lamy Al-Star (1.5) ~ Black Swan in English Roses

Pelikan M205 (EF) ~ Rohrer & Klingner Smaragdgrun (sp?)

Pelikan M205 (F) ~ J. Herbin Rose Cyclamen

I had to pull the Pilot Metro out of rotation today to give it a time out and thorough flushing since it became a hard/non starter even though the converter is full of ink.

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

I'm using, as usual, using my Parker Sonnet F nib.

Ink is... you probably can guess. PARADISE PEN INK! Surprise! (sarcasm)

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

Sheaffer Triumph Snorkel fille with Sheaffer ChemOPure Royal Blue Permanent...

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc383/edulpj/IMG_20140910_180721871_zps6afc1b3f.jpg

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing!!!