• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't laugh with me, I have a non small collection of many kinds of pens, today I'mt using a plastic Bic, I have a reason for that :unsure:

Edited by H1N

I'm using my Lamy Al-Star with Lamy Blue because my Baoer ran out of ink this morning and I've used all my American Blue sample. I've never switched inks yet and I'm a bit nervous.

The Baoer writes wetter and more sure than the Lamy, though she is working well today (probably because I'm desperate and she knows it).

My Pens in chronological order:

Baoer 388 - Black - M nib

Lamy AL-Star - Blue - F nib

Kaweco AL Sport - Raw aluminium - M nib

Second day of 8th grade!

I write my Agenda with Parker Sonnet F nib.

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

A funny thing happened today. So I only recently started to use fountain pens after more than 10 years of not using them. I bought a Jinhao X750 for work since I normally have to do a lot of writting and some documents have to be sent for approval at other departments. Today is the 3rd day since I started using my new pen at work and I get a message from someone in the approval department saying that they love my pen and they want one. I have to say that I am impressed with the 750 and Noodler's Blue looks beautiful. I was stunned that others would have immediately noticed the difference.

Lamy Studio (Palladium), m nib with Sailor Blue

Parker Premier (Tartan), f nib with Noodler's Navajo Turquoise

Pilot Vanishing Point (Black Matte), b nib with Diamine China Blue

The Premier is my newest addition to the collection. It's the first pen I've received in a long time that hasn't been a disappointment. The f nib is smooth, the balance is spot on, great size and quite the looker. It's supposed to be my notations pen, but I've been using it almost non-stop since I received it last week. Highly recommend!

My VP is skipping. Ugh. I had a m nib unit that was terrible for skipping to the point that it really turned me off the pen. I'm hoping that the China Blue is the issue as it didn't have any problems before. It's too nice of a pen not to enjoy.

The Studio is a champ as always. I really need to make sure I use Sailor Blue more often as it's a really nice colour and performs well.

I had a Binder-tuned VP with a M nib. It skipped no matter what ink or paper I used, except on cheap copy paper, where ANY ink that flowed out feathered and bled through, etc. It skipped and railroaded on Rhodia, Tomoe River, and Midori. I sold it after trying it out for 3 months with daily writing using seven different brands of ink, etc. I am not faulting Binder, I’m sure that it was something with the manufacture of the nib, not his modification.

I am going to buy a matte black VP EF from Goulet in a few weeks and see how it writes. On the one hand, I want to get a cursive italic grind on a matte black VP, but on the other, I don’t want to spend $150ish on a pen that I can’t use again.

Well, I'm using my Parker Sonnet, inked up with Paradise Pen ink.

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

After a few weeks of steady use, I decided to give the Parker Vacumatic a rest and inked my green marble Waterman Phileas Med with some black Waterman ink.

Pilot Metropolitan with Noodler's Eel Blue

and

Platinum Kanazawa Leaf with Iroshizuku Momiji

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

A peculiar mix

1. TWSBI Crystal with a 1.1 stub nib

2.An Omas Turtle Dove Grey large with Piston filler M nib

3.Restored Parker Vacumatic Maxi Silver with M nib

4. Pelikan M600 Souveran blue stripe OB nib.

5.Parker Blue laquer Sonnet 18K M nib

And several others but I am A 2 finger typist and embarrassed that I have too many with ink in them, a Waterman, A Visconti, another Pelikan and Omas

Graded papers today with Red Lamy Safari and Sheaffer Skrip Red. Addressed a box of ink to send out re: PIF using my Blue Lamy Safari and BSB. Took notes with my Sailor Pro Gear Black/Rhodium and Sailor Jentle Black.

Matt

Currently: Sailor Pro Gear Black/Rhodium M/F with Sailor Jentle Black; Sailor Pro Gear Yellow/Rhodium M/F with Diamine Sargasso Sea; Sailor Pro Gear Slim Sky Demonstrator/Rhodium M with Sailor Jentle Blue; Sailor Pro Gear Apres Ski M with Robert Oster Grey Seas; Sheaffer Touchdown Imperial VIII M with Diamine Asa Blue; Lamy AL-star Ocean Blue M with Private Reserve DC Supershow Blue; Lamy Safari Red F with Sheaffer Skrip Red for grading papers; Lamy Safari Neon Yellow F with Diamine Kelly Green; Esterbrook J Blue 9668 with Noodlers Ottoman Azure; Esterbrook J Red 9668 with Diamine Red Dragon; Esterbrook J Copper 2668 with Diamine Ancient Copper; Esterbrook J Gray 9668 with Robert Oster Stormy Seas; TWSBI Vac700R M with Robert Oster Grey Seas; Noodler's Ahab Clear Demonstrator M with Diamine Midnight; Kaweco Skyline Sport M with Diamine Grey; Faber-Castell Goldfaber 1221 HB and Tombow Mono HB

"Reading maketh a full man; conference a ready man; and writing an exact man." Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Today I used my still new and still astoundingly great Franklin-Christoph Number 2 in crystal clear converted to an eyedropper. With a crisp italic nib, it's just a joy to write with. But it was accompanied by my Dantrio Densho (loaded with brown ink) with a super soft stub nib - a fantastic signature pen if there ever was one.

"You'll never see a Commie drink a glass of water. Vodka. Vodka only - that's his drink." General Jack D. Ripper

Silver Pelikan Pura with M nib and Private Reserve Lake Placid Blue ink.

Charcoal black Lamy Safari with M nib and Lamy Coral ink.

Steel Parker 25 with F nib and Parker Quink Blue ink.

White Parker 25 with F nib and Iroshizuku Asa Gao ink.

Light green Waterman Audace with M nib and Online Turquoise ink.

Original Namiki Vanishing point Fine nib! Have had it for over 10 years and use it as my everday pen :)

ST Dupont Pallidum Olympio in a Fine nib also - the smaller size pen!