What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

Yard-O-Led Viceroy Grand Victorian with a Fine nib, filled with Iroshizuku Take-sumi...

http://www.calligraphictime.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/YOL00046.jpg

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oooh this was one of my setup candidates - could you please take a picture? :drool:

Sure. Here you go:

http://i57.tinypic.com/345yckg.jpg

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

A Lamy Safari, Namiki Falcon, and a Pelikan M800. M, SB, and M nibs respectively. About 15 other pens are inked also so its pen cleaning day today also.

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

Sailor 1911 Realo B with Montblanc Mystery Black

Platinum #3776 No. 1 Black Pen Mottishaw CI with Rohrer & Klingner Salix

TWSBI 580 RB with Diamine Graphite

Pilot Kaküno F with Noodler’s Nikita

Edited by lehrer07

Just tried out the Noodler's "preppy" with X-Feather -- from Goulet -- for the first time. **waiting to see how long it takes to dry before adding watercolor**

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u452/Raymond338/IMG_1134_zpse38703ca.jpgTThe lineup is the same as most days for the past dozen years: Cross Townsend Rollerball, Townsend M nib, Townsend F nib and Cross Signature XF nib. I hate to waste ink, so seven or eight new bottles are just bidding their time so that I am able to use up very old Cross cartridges (in the Signature above, great combo) and old Mont Blank classic blue from one of the classic old 52 ml bottles that just never seems to run out.

Lots of other far more expensive pens just sitting in the drawer, or safe. (Like the one attached, which will be sold when I can get around to it.) These Cross pens just write well, and are solid feeling. They are large enough for my large hands without being too oversized to write with for a long session.

Not only that, they all got their annual cleaning today! I really like being able to completely take apart the pen and give it a good cleaning.

post-50490-0-42377800-1408746966_thumb.jpg

Edited by Raymond3

Gray Wearever Pioneer cartridge from the last lot of pens, and the blue Sheaffer Triumph, now sporting a lovely adapter. The Wearever is doing an excellent job so far of dispelling the label of 'cheap' hung on that brand name--it has a good weight in the hand, looks smart, and is giving me no issues with flow despite what I've heard about the acrylic feeds.

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

Pelikan 400 (Noodler's Walnut) and Noodler's Flex Piston Creaper (Akkerman #19) to do my morning journal -- had to grab a second pen when the 400 ran out of ink about a quarter of the way down the final page.

Sheaffer Snorkel Statesman (Waterman Mysterious Blue), Noodler's ebonite Konrad (Noodler's 54th MA), Parker 51 Demi -- my Plum baby (Noodler's Purple Heart) and Parker 61 (unknown blue-black ink) for general note taking and memos; also signed a credit card receipt with the 51, since Purple Heart is such a great color).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Ancora Perla M with Diamine Ancient Copper, last

Aurora Afrika M, same ink, not a good combination; flushed and cleaned, left to dry, before the above

Visconti van Gogh M, Noodler's Gruene Cactus (new body traded for original with cracked cap, same nib, section, converter), before that

Sailor 1911 Realo M, PR Cosmic Cobalt, before that

Work, earlier in the day, with Lamy Safari M, Diamine Graphite.

Das ist alles.

1950s Pelikan 400, green striated, with fine 14k nib, with Noodlers Liberty Elysium (tuned by Pendleton Brown);

1950's Pelikan 140, green striated, with medium 14k nib, Iroshizuku Asa Gao;

Sailor 1911 medium, black, with Pendleton Brown reworked 14k music nib, with Iroshizuku Asa Gao;

Sailor 1911 large,black, with 21k Rhodium plated nib italicized by Pendleton Brown, Iroshizuku Asa Gao;

1950's Pelikan 400, tortoise, with Richard Binder steel, .09 crisp italic, right oblique nib, Iroshizuku Asa Gao;

1950s Pelikan Ibis, black, with 14k medium oblique nib, with Iroshizuku Asa Gao (tuned by Pendleton Brown).

They each write beautifully.

WH Smith's syringe pen that turned up today. Probably manufactured by Conway Stewart in the early to mid 1920's.

A little boiling water to the cork (an old motorcycling trick to seal petrol tap corks) and silicon grease and it is taking up ink and writing!

Other pens inked are:

1940's black celluloid Strand pen manufactured by Langs which gives a wet line

1940's black celluloid Parker Victory Mk1

1955 or 65 burgendy Parker Victory Mk IV

1930's Mercedes black celluloid piston pen. I don't generally buy German pens but was smitten by the snake clip. Again some boiling water on the cork and it sealed again.

1940's red/ black marble Summit S100 Cadet which appears to be an S125 with chrome fittings.

1938 - 40 red marble Parker Televisor Junior. Rather small for my hands.

1940's dark brown Unique

1940's black celluloid Conway Stewart 475 and finally

1950's black celluloid Selsdon pen. Large at 140 mm with a Parkeresque clip and a wide gold ring on the cap. Unless the pen glides across the paper with a feather light touch it produces blobs.

Edited by peterg

WH Smith's syringe pen that turned up today. Probably manufactured by Conway Stewart in the early to mid 1920's.

A little boiling water to the cork (an old motorcycling trick to seal petrol tap corks) and silicon grease and it is taking up ink and writing!

Other pens inked are:

1940's black celluloid Strand pen manufactured by Langs which gives a wet line

1940's black celluloid Parker Victory Mk1

1955 or 65 burgendy Parker Victory Mk IV

1930's Mercedes black celluloid piston pen. I don't generally buy German pens but was smitten by the snake clip. Again some boiling water on the cork and it sealed again.

1940's red/ black marble Summit S100 Cadet which appears to be an S125 with chrome fittings.

1938 - 40 red marble Parker Televisor Junior. Rather small for my hands.

1940's dark brown Unique

1940's black celluloid Conway Stewart 475 and finally

1950's black celluloid Selsdon pen. Large at 140 mm with a Parkeresque clip and a wide gold ring on the cap. Unless the glides across the paper with a feather light touch it produces blobs.

That's a lovely selection of pens. :thumbup:

Visconti Opera Crystal with Diamine Mediterranean Blue

Pelikan M800 Tortoise with Diamine Chocolate Brown

Lamy Safari with Lamy Blue Cartridge

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Not using one yet, but I plan on turning one on the lathe, my first kit fountain pen. Soon I'll be making kitless pens, I just had this one I had purchased a while back and wanted to use...

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png