• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two freshly restored Wearever Pennants -- one black with a goldtone cap and trim, one dark green with a silver (well, aluminium) cap and goldtone clip. These are the ones with the acrylic feeds and a shield over the nib. Haven't decided which one I'm keeping and which one I'm putting on the Bay of E. Surprisingly heavy in hand given Wearever's reputation as a 'cheap' pen, and quite a nice line on the page.

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

Delta Fusion 82 Celluloid in Flecked Carmel with a stub nib with a Delta Black ink cartridge.

I had seen reviews that said the Fusion 82 was a decent writer, but I went on by because I didn't buy the whole Fusion nib marketing hype coming out of Delta. Then I saw this one, "Ohhhh, shiiiiny...", and it somehow found it's way home to me. Holy smokes, it is one VERY smooth writer. I have no clue whether its the Fusion thing or the nib grind was just a precise match to my writing style, but I guess I don't really care. It's a little lighter than I normally like, but that's a really minor gripe. I'm glad I bought it. And it's lovely to look at, too... B)

A Pelikan M205 Light Blue Demonstrator with Waterman's Audacious Red and an EF nib

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Platinum Plaisir...

Every time that I pick this thing up I wonder who at Platinum green-lighted the terrible design of the clip.

I wrote a letter using a Platinum Preppy, a Platinum Balance, and a Monteverde Invincia. I used the latter as a dipper, and I got a page and a half out of one dip.

(I was comparing black inks.)

Until you ink a pen, it is merely a pretty stick. --UK Mike

My arsenal, in order of acquisition: Sailor 21 Pocket Pen M, Cross Solo M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger True Writer M, Jinhao 159 M, Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1 stub, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsity M disposables refillables, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Pilot MR, Noodler's Ahab 1.1 stub, another Preppy 0.3, Preppy EF 0.2, ASA Sniper F, Click Majestic F, Kaweco Sport M, Pilot Prera F, Baoer 79 M (fake Starwalker), Hero 616 M (fake Parker), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands M . . .

31 and counting :D

DaveBj

I'm in Canada!

I brought my Parker Sonnet with me.

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

I've been running a red Lamy Safari (XF nib) through a pretty thorough workout, laying down a lot of Noodler's Lexington Grey at my desk. But not on my desk. At least, not directly: I do use paper with my pens; the desk just holds it up at a nice height for the purpose.

Sailor Sumer...Sailor Tokiwa-Matsu.

http://www.pbase.com/mallymal1/image/106089387/large.jpg

Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze (F nib; Akkerman Simplisties Violet ink) -- at work

Montblanc 149 90th (O3B nib; Montblanc Permanent Grey ink) -- at work

Montblanc 149 from the 90s (F nib; Iroshizuku Asa-gao) -- at home, morning pages

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

Parker Arrow dated 1982 1st quarter. i found it at my parents' place. had to clean it up since it hasn't been used in 30 yrs. come to think of it, it was my jhs graduation gift from one of my older cousins. i remember trying to use it back then and getting frustrated with it. i'm glad my mother kept it. she also kept the ink which i purchased sometime ago to try to use the pen. writes wonderfully.

arrow.jpg

Sheaffer 797 Imperial (gold plated, fluted), b nib with R & K Sepia

Sheaffer 777 Imperial pencil

Sheaffer 797 Imperial (gold filled, lined), m nib with Sheaffer Blue

It's "bring your Sheaffer's to work" day. Generally, these are my around the house pens or I'll take them on errands, etc. I really enjoy the gold Imperials -- they are a fanastic size and have a nice heft to them. The broad nib on the 797 is awesome...it has great line variation and is an expressive writer.

I'm not a gold trim fan, but I dig all gold pens. It's as flashy as I get with fountain pens.

I have been looking for an ink for my Pelikan m400 EF. Chartpak replaced the nib that came with the pen and it flows nicely with Pelikan inks. However, Pelikan black is too harsh and blue is too light. I prefer Aurora ink, but it's doesn't produce a clear line with the Pelikan. I came upon J Herbin Bleu Nuit and have been pleasantly surprised with the flow and color. Reviews of this ink have struggled to describe it and color seems to vary considerably with the pen. On my Pelikan, Bleu Nuit is a dark blue gray. It produces very readable text on both bright white and off-white paper, and doesn't draw attention to itself. So far, so good.

An Osmiroid 65 with a Soft Fine Rola Tip nib. Found it somewhere years ago, unearthed it a few days ago, and loaded it up with Noodler's Bad Black Moccasin. I think the tines are a tiny bit out of alignment, but writing at the right angle it's gloriously smooth.

Currently in rotation: Wing Sung 698/Diamine Blue Velvet, Wing Sung 618/Diamine Golden Oasis, Lamy Profil 80/Pelikan Edelstein Aventurine

F-C Intrinsic Smoke & Ice (love that pen & believe I`ll always keep it inked up :)

_journaling

Sailor Sapporo - Zoom nib (If you have a pen with a Zoom or Broad nib, try Diamine Amber - it´s a fantastic combination!) _foolin`around

Mabie Todd Eyedr. with semi-flex Cursive (Diamine Oxblood)

_freestyle calligraphy

Edited by Polanova