What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

*GASP* Does this mean you'll no longer be needing your Homo Sapiens? :D

Nothing, nothing I own sketches like the Homo Sapiens.

:wub:

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sheaffer Intrigue (black "bark"), m nib with Sailor Sky High

Sailor 1911 standard (black with rhodium trim), m nib with Binder Burgundy

Visconti Opera (black with rhodium trim), m nib with Diamine Majestic Blue

The Intrigue is by far one of my favorites. I know some people dislike the filling system, but man, it fits my hand perfectly when posted. The nib is great and it's a solid-feeling pen. I really wish they had not discontinued this model in 2004, and instead kept the nib with a more conservative/traditional cc filler and body. I like it more than my Valor.

Sheaffer Intrigue (black "bark"), m nib with Sailor Sky High

The Intrigue is by far one of my favorites. I know some people dislike the filling system, but man, it fits my hand perfectly when posted. The nib is great and it's a solid-feeling pen. I really wish they had not discontinued this model in 2004, and instead kept the nib with a more conservative/traditional cc filler and body. I like it more than my Valor.

So true !

So far today, the smaller Indian ebonite eyedropper with a modified stub/italic nib (Edelstein's Topaz) and a Pelikan M200 with a fine nib (ESS's Registrar's Ink).

post-104868-0-40006900-1407974835_thumb.jpg

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Wrote my morning pages with a Montblanc 149, fine nib. Took the pen with me to work, accompanied by a Delta Fusion 82 stub.

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

Pelikan Green 140 Circa 1952-54 with Broad Nib and Rohrer & Klingner's Alt-Goldgrun

Pelikan New-Style M200 Blue Marbled with Medium Nib and Waterman's Serenity Blue

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Parker Sonnet, black ink loaded.

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

Blue Esterbrook CA101 -- finally got a fill needle for the vintage glass syringe I got on the Bay of E, so I could refill its cartridge. Writes a little wetter than I really like; probably just need to find a better-suited ink for it.

It really is hard not to love an Estie. They're like classic VW Beetles: nothing really fancy, just reliably does the job.

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

I am in a two day leadership summit and am using my Sheaffer's school pen, Noodler's Ink Nib Creaper and Eversharp Skyline Demi. Ink choices, Sheaffer green, De Atrementis Edgar Allen Poe and PI Kon-Peki. Having a blast taking notes.

Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze, with Akkerman Simplisties Violet.

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

Bexley Americana Sierra Silver..medium nib. Diamine Royal Blue.

Namiki Impressions Ambertone..fine nib..Omas Amerigo Vespucci

Red..

Parker Vacumatic Maxima Black..semi-flexie medium...Waterman

Blue-Black...

Fred

after some serious discussions..you ought to allow jokes;

but still these must be governed by suitable restraints.