What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

The two pens I am usually carrying with me nowadays are:

Lamy Safari, 1.1 italic nib with Noodler's Black

Noodler's Ahab fine nib with Noodler's Baystate Blue

The Baystate is a tad wet with the Lamy italic nib when writing in my Leuchtturm1917. It tries to bleed through if I linger. But the Ahab handles it swimmingly.

Noodler's Bulletproof Black is my go-to ink for all my pens and nibs at this time. But I will qualify that by disclosing that I have not been into FPs very long, so my collection and experience are limited.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Diplomat piston filler (14k med. nib) with Noodler's Bad Belted Heron; Pelikan M200 (fine GPS nib) with ESS's Registrar's Ink (blue-black iron gall); Pelikan D200 mechanical pencil (0.5mm HB)

The two pens I am usually carrying with me nowadays are:

Lamy Safari, 1.1 italic nib with Noodler's Black

Noodler's Ahab fine nib with Noodler's Baystate Blue

The Baystate is a tad wet with the Lamy italic nib when writing in my Leuchtturm1917. It tries to bleed through if I linger. But the Ahab handles it swimmingly.

Noodler's Bulletproof Black is my go-to ink for all my pens and nibs at this time. But I will qualify that by disclosing that I have not been into FPs very long, so my collection and experience are limited.

Welcome aboard. If you're looking for a bulletproof blue-black you might consider Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher. Not bulletproof, Pelikan's 4001 Konigsblau is nice, good shading.

I am using (used) Parker Sonnet and Parker 75.

Ink? Let me see... Ah, Paradise Pen Company black (Nice ink :) ) .

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

well today is an odd combination for me, Cross Townsend in titanium with Monblanc Burgundy ink. Got a great cursive italic nib on this and writes really well :)

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

MB 147 Traveller

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

black Pilot Custom 74 with Edelstein Onyx

black TWSBI Mini with Diamine Oxblood

brown Pilot Prera with PR Midnight Blues

Lindauer Kaiser with MB Jonathan Swift

Franklin-Christoph 02 Intrinsic Smoke & Ice, Broad Stub

(filled -at the moment- with 1/3 Pelikan Blue & 2/3 Herbin Menthe Diabolique)

Since I got it Friday I cannot take it out of my hand …

Edited by Polanova

Pilot Metropolitan (M). After having it for about 9 months, I finally realized that I should fix the scratch on the cross-strokes in addition to some smoothing, and now it writes just the way I like it. It was my first fountain pen so I love it even more now!

Montblanc 149 ..late 1960's with expressive 18c medium nib.

Pelikan 100N black flexie ob nib..

Pelikan 100 green/black binde expressive fine nib...

Parker Centennial Duofold Pearl Black 1996 broad oblique arrow nib....

Sheaffer Balance Ebonized Pearl LF Jeweler's band broad nib.....

All pens filled with Waterman Blue-Black ink...............

Fred

Lamy Vista with an EF nib.

I've been pretty obsessed with it ever since I purchased the EF nib. Works much better with my handwriting :)

I was fine with my Sonnet today.

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

Pelikan M800 with Sailor Sky High and Platinum Kanazawa Leaf with Iroshizuku Momiji today. Makes studying for exams more fun than it really is. :lol:

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

Montblanc 149 F with Iroshizuku Asa-gao, both for my "morning pages" (just started this weekend) and notes at work.

Delta Fusion 82 stub with R&K Alt-Bordeaux to supplement; always good to have a different colour available for marking notes, checking off todo items, adding emphasis, etc.

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

A Red Esterbrook J I got at the DC pen show, filled with Black Swan in English Roses

Nakaya Shiro Tamenuri Piccolo with Iroshizuku Yama Guri

Pelikan 600 with my own mix of Pelikan blue-black

And an A4 Rhodia dot pad. Happiness is literally at my fingertips!

So far today.

• Cross Solo with Cross black ink
  • Cross Dubai with Cross black ink
  • JinHao 599 with Diamine Emerald ink
  • JinHao 599 with Diamine Dragon Red ink
  • Hero Office 65 with Hero black ink