What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

It's the same thing every day.

Why? Because these are my favorites. :)

My all time everyday pen: Black Parker Sonnet with fine nib.

I am also using a Gold Parker 75 with a extra fine nib.

I have two Parker 51s and a Parker 180.

The only non-Parker on my desk is a Pilot with medium nib... and a Montblanc Meisterstuck Classique ballpoint black.

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice pens! What pens are the first and the seventh pen?

From left..Aurora..# 1 - Verdi Opera..vermeil cap..# 7 - Ancora Cielo Demonstrator..and..

from right # 1 - Stipula Etruria Amber solid Au 9k trim first generation..# 7 - Diamond Point Pen....

Fred

A 1940's striped Duofold with J. Herbin Lierre Sauvage. That's one stiff nib but one beautiful green ink!

Being on holidays, I've decided not to take a expensive pen with me ... My choice was .... A Baoer "7 horses" I had never used before ..... Well, I'm impressed by this 6 pen ...... It'S cheap bit a wonderfull writer ....

The only non-Parker on my desk is a Pilot with medium nib... and a Montblanc Meisterstuck Classique ballpoint black.

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

-William S. Park

Why do you copypaste the same message over and over in this thread?

Pen I'm using today: Pilot VP with J. Herbin Poussière de Lune.

Edited by discopig

Right now, I'm using my Parker Sonnet.

I just signed my information sheet with my Montblanc pen.

-William S. Park

Why do you copypaste the same message over and over in this thread?

Pen I'm using today: Pilot VP with J. Herbin Poussière de Lune.

That must be one of J. Herbin's scented inks because I'm detecting just the faintest aroma of snark.

"Don't be humble, you're not that great." Golda Meir

Right now, I'm using my Parker Sonnet.

I just signed my information sheet with my Montblanc pen.

-William S. Park

Well, William, I'm glad you enjoy your pens, and I can understand using the same ones every day. I think you'll have to tell me about the inks. Since you know exactly how those pens write you are the perfect person to seek out new inks and boldly (or finely) go where no other FPNer has yet trekked.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Usin' a Stipula Idra {Nettuno}..Green/Bronze celluloid..c/c and sleeve filler..with..expressive medium nib........

Filled with Camel Royal Blue ink.

Fred

Engine stop..Houston..Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. ~ Armstrong

I'm using a Waterman 52 1/2v wet noodle with Diamine Majestic Purple. Great pen for sketching, but it takes a lot of control.

Edited by discopig

Parker Duofold Centennial (Orange) which seems to flow better now that I've left it alone for a month, the Visconti HS steel age and the GvFC Guilloche, both of which I've acquired on my trip to England last week.

I am using my Parker Sonnet.

I just inked it with my Parker Quink black (I know that some people think that Quink is not a good ink, but it works just fine for me.)

-William S. Park

My black Pilot Custom 74 with Edelstein Onyx, this time with my new Con-70 instead of a syringe-filled cartridge. I like the subtle difference in weight :happyberet:

Today - and for almost a week! - I have been using a vintage Aurora 88 I picked up at the PPPC meet on the 12th. It's black with a gold cap, and has a semi-flex nib. It writes nicely fine, and has a lot of feedback, which I'm not entirely sure about.

I think I have a thing for hooded nibs.

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

Today I am using:

Pilot Prera demonstrator with a CM nib, loaded with Noodler's 54th Mass

Platinum Plaisir with a F nib, loaded with Stipula Ebony Black

There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are. - W. Somerset Maugham

http://wendyvancamp.com