What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

I'm PIFing my Jinhao which is currently half full of 54th Mass, so I'm using that exclusively until it runs out of ink.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lamy 2000m Stainless steel with Noodlers FPN exclusive Dumas Tulipe Noire ink

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Montblanc 342..black celluloid..pif..with expressive oblique broad nib..

filled with Waterman blue-black ink........And Sailor large 1911..flat-top

with anchor in blue and gold..21k zoom nib..which is filled with Aurora

blue ink................................................................................................

Fred

What the Hey! Ladies and Gents please excuse the double post....

Fred

Edited by Freddy

I"m visiting Nail City today. Two wonderfully smooth nails.

Still using my newly restored Sheaffer Triumph plunger filler. This thing is a true pleasure to write with. Diamine Asa Blue.

And the surprise contender, a Parker Vector fountain pen from the mid-80's. With a Parker Quink black cartridge it writes more grey than black, but it's still fun and verrrry smooth.

I've had this Vector for at least 15 years and never used it until last night when I found a cartridge and stuck it in. Fun discovery.

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

Black and rhodium Sailor Pro Gear with F nib and Parker Quink Blue ink.

Clear TWSBI 580 with F nib and J Herbin Eclat de Saphir ink.

Red with red clip Lamy Safari with 1,1 mm nib and Sailor Jentle Blue ink.

A blue Dollar Esterbrook with a flexible medium nib filled with Diamine's Amazing Amethyst. Very wet writer!

Rob

Received in the mail today a TWISBI Micarta v2 that has a wonderful medium butter stub from the inimitable Pendleton Brown.

I had had my eye on this pen for a while. It fits my aesthetic with it's pseudo industrial, pseudo organic kind of material. It already has a variation in colors and textures (fuzzy threads), and then add to it, a wonderfully smooth stub that's had a special rainbow treatment, and now it's a killer pen.

I filled it with Sailor Jentle Epinard and I call it my Spinach in Browned Butter. So far it is the only pen that can rival my Parker 51 stub for writing pleasure. And I love the look and feel of it. This is a pen that will acquire patina.

fpn_1405385819__spinach_in_browned_butte

And the nib is so cool. Rough, smooth, shiny, burnt, multi-hued. It fits, so well.

fpn_1405385795__rainbow_nib_-_version_2.

Might as well just assume that this is what I'm using for the foreseeable future.

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

It's the same thing every day.

Why? Because these are my favorites. :)

My all time everyday pen: Black Parker Sonnet with fine nib.

I am also using a Gold Parker 75 with a extra fine nib.

I have two Parker 51s and a Parker 180.

The only non-Parker on my desk is a Pilot with medium nib... and a Montblanc Meisterstuck Classique ballpoint black.

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

I didn't do my usual Sunday night filling ritual this week, and ALL of my pens ran out of ink during class today. So, first it was the Platinum Balance with green ink, then the Lamy Al-Star with burgundy, then the Lamy Al-Star with black, then the Jinhao with green, and then I had to resort to the Parker Jotter ballpoint. Whoops!

A Montblanc Danish made 204, Montblanc Mozart 114P, and a Montblanc 14.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

Lamy Vista with Pelikan Edelstein Topaz ink.

Pelikan M200 Cognac with Pelikan Edelstein Amber

Lamy Studio Platinum Grey with Mont Blanc Oyster Grey

Pilot Custom Heritage 92 (Blue Demo) with Parker Quink Blue

Visconti Opera Crystal filled with Diamine Mediterranean Blue ink

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Today, a Roller piston filler whose nib I just finished honing. Needs a bit more smoothing. It's filled with Edelstein Topaz.

Black and rhodium Visconti Opera, m nib with Diamine Bilberry

Smoke Pilot Custom Heritage 92, m nib with Sheaffer Turquoise

Clear Pilot Custom 92, b nib with Private Reserve DC Supershow Blue

A heck of a good line-up, indeed.