What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

post-90708-0-49191400-1401738065_thumb.jpg

I've just received my second hand Caran d'Ache Varius Metwood. As I don't like the ink it's filled with (should be a standard bue ...) I'm going to fill it with Iroshizuku Ama Iro to try his F nib .... Gogogo .....

Just a picture of it with my other Caran d'Ache ... Ecridor 555, Rétro and Leman Ebony ...

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I already posted this in the Parker forum, but I guess I'll post this in here also. :)

I am using my everyday black Parker Sonnet with fine nib for my school homework... and I just wrote a wrong word on my worksheet. Oops.

I will use my ancient Parker 180 soon because I am bored using my Sonnet every day.

I am also using another ancient Parker, but I do not know the name of it. I will post something later asking the model of my Parker.

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

Pelikan M200 in Black with a fine nib inked with J Herbin Bleu Myosotis

My favorite new pen, the Sheaffer Targa with MB Leonardo ink!

Pens: 1929 Parker Duofold Sr., Parker "51" Special, S.T. Dupont Montparnasse, Lamy 2000, Platinum #3776 "C," TWBSI 580, Lamy Safari Neon Yellow, Sheaffer, Feathertouch, Targa and Targa Slim

Pelikan m200 in green swirls with m250 gold nib - PR Sherwood Green ink

Esterbrooks

1. Full size J in blue, using Parker Penman Black, 9668 smoooooooth nib

2. Red slim version, LJ, with my new NOS 2314M medium manifold stub nib. PR Ebony Purple

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

Amazingly, I have only 1 pen inked at the moment. There's a first time for everything! It's a Lamy Nexx with LH nib (this pen is great for days when I have lots of writing to do) and Visconti Black (combined with a tiny bit of Visconti Sepia)

Edited by Newjelan

I have a big job interview today, so I'm going for the Parker 45 in navy blue with gold trim and 14K XF nib. As dependable as it gets. Using PR Ebony Purple

And my backup is my Pelikan m200 in green swirl with the 250 gold nib with PR Sherwood Green ink.

I'm going for quietly solid and dependable rather than flashy. It's a smaller company that's been around for a long time by being smart, dependable, careful, not wild and flashy and ostentatious. In other words, I'm not bringing my Delta 365 that's big enough to bring down a bear, in Dolcevita Orange with gold trim .

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

I have a big job interview today, so I'm going for the Parker 45 in navy blue with gold trim and 14K XF nib. As dependable as it gets. Using PR Ebony Purple

And my backup is my Pelikan m200 in green swirl with the 250 gold nib with PR Sherwood Green ink.

I'm going for quietly solid and dependable rather than flashy. It's a smaller company that's been around for a long time by being smart, dependable, careful, not wild and flashy and ostentatious. In other words, I'm not bringing my Delta 365 that's big enough to bring down a bear, in Dolcevita Orange with gold trim .

Best of luck with the big interview. A navy Parker 45 sounds like business, indeed.

---

Kenneth Moyle

Hamilton, Ontario

TWSBI 580 inked up with Hero Blue

Monteverde Invincia inked up with Lexington Gray

Pilot VP inked up with Kon Peki

I inked up all my Bayards (with the exception of the Safety and the Excelsiors and Superstyl) to take to the Big Apple Pen Club meeting tomorrow night:

Capo-fit

Red Ripple with dragonfly clip

Niveauclair

LE 4

A brand new, to me, Marbie Todd with a Swan 14K #4 Oblique twist top filler that writes like a dream. So excited to get this great pen!

Rob

Today?* A Hero 616 filled with Sapphire Burst. Tomorrow, the same. Yesterday, same. I got a pattern going on!

*why oh why is it that every time I type 'today' it comes out 'toady'? :headsmack:

Lamy 2000 (M) with Aurora Black. This ink always increases the width of the nib to a M/B, but it's such a zen-like combination in terms of smoothness and lubrication that I never mind all that much.

Back to the TWSBI Diamond 540 Smoke but I have a few new ones to check out and ink up soon.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

I've just been practicing my copperplate and have accidentally inked up and used: mb146, jinhao 599, jinhao 159, plat preppy, mb 342 and a fpr guru. I need to get out more I think! Oh plus I was already using the paidi century six!