What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

I have my office pen arsenal ready to go today:

Black Sheaffer Prelude with palladium cap and gold trim (F), inked with Waterman's Florida Blue;

Black and stainless steel Parker 45 (F), inked with Waterman's Blue-Black;

Monteverde Artista Crystal (Clear demo, M), with Noodler's Green;

Burgundy Hero 616, filled with Waterman's Audacious Red.

Lastly, I have this "ginormous" random Hero pen filled with Private Reserve Chocolat that I bought recently on eBay for its lightweight construction and ink capacity, to use as a knock around pen for class note taking. Odd choice of ink, I know, but I hadn't used my Chocolat ink for a while and wanted to enjoy seeing it on paper again!

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TWSBI ROC 100 EF - Diamine Florida Blue

TWSBI 530 EF - Noodlers Green Marine

Sailor 1911m F - Private Reserve Electric DC Blue

Lamy Safari EF - Diamine Bilberry

Wing Sung 236 - Pelikan 4001 Black

Of course, UPS was a day late. My Lamy is here!

Heading to the ink drawer. I think it will be Heart of Darkness to start off.

Now, what to do with the Noodlers Konrad that showed up with it? :D

I have a Lamy Safari arriving today, and it will get some ink today. This will be my first Lamy, so I am kind of excited!

a very nice pen. congrats

i have one (blue - B nib), and have two (b;ue - 1.1 and a black 1.5 mm stubs) in the post right now

today i am using my Schneider Base pens, a blue and two blacks, all B nibs, smooth and easy writers all, very nice grip.

Edited by jslallar

Enjoy your pens

Have a nice day

Junaid

Kaweco Dia 2, black with chrome trim, M nib, Private Reserve American Blue ink. Both good looking and a perfect writer.

I've been using an old Bobino -- it's got a GP stainless steel nib and a cork in the piston, I'm guessing it's immediately pre-WW2 or older. The nib is odd, it's bent into itself instead of having a iridium tip. I'll have to take some pix of it sometime soon. Private Reserve Tanzanite.

fpn_1398286884__queserasera.jpg

On turntable: Blow By Blow..'Cause We've Ended As Lovers..Beck.

Next set..Larry Carlton.

Who's hungry?...

Hmm...snake steak.

Fred

"I've had an amazing life and wonderful times. And I'm happy."

~ Doris Day ~

Of course, UPS was a day late. My Lamy is here!

Heading to the ink drawer. I think it will be Heart of Darkness to start off.

Now, what to do with the Noodlers Konrad that showed up with it? :D

Just for the punn of it load the heart of darkness in to the Konrad

Instead of redacting......

fpn_1398298535__bourbonscotchbeer.jpg

Fred

As, 'tis Max Headroom here, and I quote from the bard, Shakespeare, a writer: "The quality of TV is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle ratings dropeth to a very tiny percentage share and, lo, 'tis gone." Of course, Shakespeare would have loved your rating system. Twelfth Night would have been lucky to have lasted *one*!

Good Nite Everybody

Black and rhodium Sheaffer Valor, b nib with Sheaffer Blue

Black and rhodium Sailor 1911 standard, m nib with Binder Burgundy

Lamy Vista, f nib with Diamine Damson

I think I've lost my pen case with 3 pens...came into work hoping to find it today, but it's not here. No sign of it at home, either. If it's gone, I've lost a Lamy AL-Star, Pilot VP and a Sheaffer Javelin. The Javelin was the second copy of my first fountain pen, the AL-Star was my first "gateway" FP, and the VP was a birthday gift. :(

Some Heavy Chinese weaponry otherwise known as a Jinhao 950 Blue Dragon, which I found out today it not condusive to work notes due the fact that I have to keep popping this tightly vacuum-sealed cap off and off so it won't dry out while on the cumputer...forgive the run-on sentence.

An OS Sheaffer Balance in grey stripes with Pelikan Brilliant Black (a surprisingly awesome combination--something about the nib and this ink just clicks) and a Lamy 2K with Waterman Mysterious Blue. It's a basic ink kind of week, evidently...

Today im using the Twsbi Vac 700 1.1 stub, ink MB Royal Blue, and also I am using the Kaweco Sport Classic white with M nib, ink Sheaffer blue black.

Edited by Zillaxila

Vintage: 1910´s Astra Safety Pen. 1920´s Mabie Todd Swan lever filler, Royal Red Hard Rubber, The Eric Pen Woodgrain Ebonite. 1930´s Morrison´s Overlay Filigree, Waterman´s Ideal Thorobred, Conklin Endura. 1940´s Eversharp Skyline, Parker Vacumatic, Aurora 88. 1950´s Conway Stewart 15, Esterbrook J. 1970´s Sheaffer Imperial. 1980´s Cross Century Classic. 1990´s Rotring Newton Lava.

Modern: Nakaya Neo Standard, Montblanc Meisterstuck 149, Pelikan Souverän M1000, Omas 360 Vintage, Sailor 1911 Black Luster, Pilot Capless Raden, Pilot Custom 823 FA, Platinum 3776 Maki-e, Namiki Falcon, Lamy 2000, Montegrappa Espressione Duetto, Delta Dolce Vita, Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze, Stipula Etruria Rainbow, Marlen Aleph, Bexley Poseidon, Franklin-Christoph 02, Namisu Nexus Titanium, Tactile Turn Gist, Karas Kustoms Ink, Twsbi Vac 700, Levenger L-Tech, Filcao Atlantica, Kaweco AC Sport, Lamy Safari.

Custom: Scriptorium Pens Idyll, Jonathon Brooks Solar Dust, Newton Pens Eastman, Fisher of Pens Hydra, Romulus Pen Works Snakewood, John Brady Solano, Lyle Ross Pompey, Troy Clark Copper pen, Antiguas Estilográficas Ebonite, Ryan Krusac Legend L14, Aileron pens Tsunami, Edison Pens Collier Amber, Sutra Pens Aquila Octopi, Hooligan Pens Buffalo Celluloid, Yoshi Nakama Snake pen, Kilk Kalem Pandora´s Box, Hakumin Urushi Ao Tamenuri Pearl, Fosfor Pens Islander, Sutra Pen Aquila.

On my desk are now:

1. Pelikan M800 M nib

2. Nakaya decapod aka tamenuri (FM reground nib)

3. Namiki Golden Pheasants, maki-e, M nib

4. Parker Duofold Centennial F nib

Clean-out/pinch-hit kind of day...

Sheaffer 797 Imperial, b nib with Sheaffer Black cartridge

Lamy Vista, f nib with Diamine Damson (which has really grown on me this week!)

Black and chrome Sheaffer 300, m nib with Sheaffer Black cartridge

Levenger Stealth M, Diamine Jet Black, for notations on document copies;

Pelikan 200 Highlighter (yellow) for noting pertinent info within same;

Lamy Safari M, Diamine Grafite, for tracking progress in work journal.

Edited by abstract49