What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

Sailor Sapporo, black - rhodium, M nib, Parker Quink Blue ink

Sailor Sapporo, black - gold, F nib, Sailor Jentle Blue ink

Sailor Lecoule, white and blue, MF nib, Sailor Jentle Ultramarine ink

It's a sailor day.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My third pen acquisition ...

a Pilot Metropolitan, plain black.

(because, I was buying some ink, Caran D'ache Saffron)

:D

Too many things to collect and play with ... pens, pocket watches, and knives! Oh my!!

fpn_1396659485__gama.jpg

No......

Fred

Sunshine of your love......Cream......

say good night......

good nite......I've been waiting so long......

don't stop believin'......Journey......On and On......

My third pen acquisition ...

a Pilot Metropolitan, plain black.

(because, I was buying some ink, Caran D'ache Saffron)

:D

I got my Metro a couple of months ago and it is enjoyable.

I got my Metro a couple of months ago and it is enjoyable.

The part of a page I wrote with it today, it is a smoother writer than the Jinhao 165. Which could be attributed to using the included cartridge of black ink??

Too many things to collect and play with ... pens, pocket watches, and knives! Oh my!!

Rotring Core - Technor - with Diamine Sapphire Blue. Found it for $16 from an actual FP dealer at the antique mall last weekend.

So Goofy looking it just makes me happy! :rolleyes:

The part of a page I wrote with it today, it is a smoother writer than the Jinhao 165. Which could be attributed to using the included cartridge of black ink??

After I emptied the cartridge that came with it, I put in the converter with Pelikan Black and it still writes smooth - it's just a good working pen.

It's vintage celluloid weekend. Moore Junior and Esterbrook SJ with 9788 nib, both with Namiki Blue ink, Esterbrook mechanical pencil.

post-79989-0-00932800-1396702284_thumb.jpg

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do."

- Benjamin Franklin

It's vintage celluloid weekend. Moore Junior and Esterbrook SJ with 9788 nib, both with Namiki Blue ink, Esterbrook mechanical pencil.

I love the patterns on that Moore.

Just found an abandoned Double J Esterbrook in a tin can at the antique mall for $12. Filled it with Noodler's and it is happy to have a home.

Just found an abandoned Double J Esterbrook in a tin can at the antique mall for $12. Filled it with Noodler's and it is happy to have a home.

Woo Hoo! Thank goodness you saved it!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

:gaah: Wish I'd thought about rinsing it our before filling it with Noodler's blue eel. Must have had some black in there cause now I have a "custom" blue black. Duh

Guest Ray Cornett

No good photos but a 1917 14k Solid gold overlay Waterman 512 1/2 freshly inked with Diamine Oxblood ink.

Edited by Ray Cornett

Guest Ray Cornett

Being a photographer I don't consider that quickly done cell phone snapshot a good image,lol. Although it does somewhat capture just how pretty it is. I have a few minor cosmetic repairs to make but love how it rights. The Oxblood goes good with the gold, too :)

Those are nice!!