What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

Just these for today:

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae360/chc_hmc/photo_zpsb88f6fd1.jpg

Write On!

See with what large letters I have written you with my own hand. GaVIxi

The pen is the interpreter of the soul: what one thinks, the other expresses. (MdC)

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I find myself and a very strange position today. I've been trying to get the 3 LE pens I've had inked up empty and go back to some more normal, lest fancy pens inked up on my desk. Suddenly I realized that when I cleaned out a pen last night that I actually had no pens inked what so ever. When I went to work on the crossword from todays paper, I had no inked fountain pen to use!!! I checked the junk pen cup on my desk and found a Bic blue disposable fountain pen that had been there for 6 months. It started right up and I was able to fill in my crossword! Odd day indeed!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Pelikan 400NN Green Striated w/ Medium Nib and Iroshizuku Kon-Peki

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Mostly, I'm using my Omas Bologna in Black and Gold celluloid, which I think was an LE model a few years ago. It's a piston-filler, gold nib tuned by John Mottishaw, and the ink is Sailor Epinard. It is a really lovely pen, in every way. I enjoy it more and more every time I use it.

Tamara

Today's pens are my newly-purchased Diplomat piston filler, 14k fine nib; Noodler's Bad Black Moccasin; a fern-green Esterbrook LJ, #9788 nib and Baystate Blue and my faithful Pelikan D-200 mechanical pencil - 0.5mm HB lead

Using an italix parsons essential medium stub with diamine eclipse today. Just got this nib and its my 1st stub. It makes me want to sell all my other pens and just use this forever. Spectacular

Pilot Vanishing Point <M> with Iroshizuku Shin-kai

Platinum #3776 Sai century <M> with Noodler's El Lawrence

Lamy AL-Star <1.5mm> with Noodler's Apache Sunset

I find myself and a very strange position today. I've been trying to get the 3 LE pens I've had inked up empty and go back to some more normal, lest fancy pens inked up on my desk. Suddenly I realized that when I cleaned out a pen last night that I actually had no pens inked what so ever. When I went to work on the crossword from todays paper, I had no inked fountain pen to use!!! I checked the junk pen cup on my desk and found a Bic blue disposable fountain pen that had been there for 6 months. It started right up and I was able to fill in my crossword! Odd day indeed!

I enjoy this post. I can feel the "Oh no!" sensation about maybe, maybe having to do the crossword puzzle with a ballpoint...

Today's been a fun day so far. I received three (!) packages last night that I hadn't anticipated this early, let alone all at once. Two new-to-me pens have been inked and are just what I had hoped for!

Black and rhodium Sheaffer Valor, b nib (and a broad indeed!) with Sailor Blue

Black matte Pilot Vanishing Point, m nib with Waterman Purple

Black and rhodium Visconti Opera, m nib (the nib is bloody massive...) with Aurora Blue

Good times.

I just couldn't stand it last night, I had a class to take notes in and had to have a good pen to write with! Loaded up my Pilot Justus 95 with Old Man Winter ink! Great combination for notes last night and for my morning crossword today!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

fpn_1396480284__nvsrhnidgnoutripbud.jpg

Fred

For me, my craft is sailing on, Through mists

to-day, clear seas anon.

Whate'er the final harbor be 'T is good to sail

upon the sea!

John K. Bangs....

Lamy Safari Black 1.1mm with Noodler's Nikita

Pilot Custom 74 Clear Medium with R&K Salix

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

http://img2.iwascoding.com/0/2014/03/13/EE/1CAE9A5282C14F5E92CC56DDAA6D3E5C.jpg

My new Waterman 12 PSF. Found it on Ebay, and it traveled all the way from Scotland to get to me.

It's incredibly cool. I'd say it's a medium nib, good bit of flex, wet writer. Using plain old Noodler's black.

I believe it's early 1900's. Says Aug 1903 on the imprints.

I love this pen. Something about it, it just feels awesome.

http://img2.iwascoding.com/0/2014/03/13/EE/1CAE9A5282C14F5E92CC56DDAA6D3E5C.jpg

My new Waterman 12 PSF. Found it on Ebay, and it traveled all the way from Scotland to get to me.

It's incredibly cool. I'd say it's a medium nib, good bit of flex, wet writer. Using plain old Noodler's black.

I believe it's early 1900's. Says Aug 1903 on the imprints.

I love this pen. Something about it, it just feels awesome.

Waterman 12's were made from 1913 to 1917, the 1903 on your pen is the patent date, but the only way your pen could be from 1903 is if it was an eyedropper, as waterman didn't invent leverfillers until around 1911-1912 and 12's went into production around 1913. I have a 12 1/2 PSF and it's one of my favorite pens, needlepoint superflex nib, it makes a very nice sketch pen.

Edited by discopig

Sailor Sapporo, black - rhodium, M nib, Parker Quink Blue ink

Sailor Sapporo, black - gold, F nib, Sailor Jentle Blue ink

Sailor Lecoule, white and blue, MF nib, Sailor Jentle Ultramarine ink