What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

Edison Mina Urushi with Diamine Chocolate ink

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Parker 51 Special with Pelikan Black - going to buy some Parker Quink to see how that is.

Question for my fellow FPN'ers...how many pens do should one keep inked at a time. I've gone somewhat crazy and have 6 inked and I rotate their use daily but me thinks that it may be too long between uses.

Edited by rafizip

Parker 51 1.3mm stub with Noodler's Dark Matter

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

For me it's

Lamy Al-Star M (Diamine Meadow)

Noodler's Ahab clear (Diamine Oxblood)

Parker Vector Metal (Diamine Sargasso Sea)

Sailor Pro Gear Imperial Black F [Platinum Carbon Black]

Lamy Al-Star 1.5mm [Noodler’s Apache Sunset]

Just emptied my Edison Mina Urushi of Diamine Chocolate ink

Now using my Omas Paragon Bronze Arco with a fine extra flexible nib and Omas Sepia Ink

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Parker 51 Special with Pelikan Black - going to buy some Parker Quink to see how that is.

Question for my fellow FPN'ers...how many pens do should one keep inked at a time. I've gone somewhat crazy and have 6 inked and I rotate their use daily but me thinks that it may be too long between uses.

There are a variety of perspectives on number of pens inked/rotation. If you do a Google search, you'll find a number of threads that should provide for some stimulating reading -- highly suggest it!

This week:

Lamy 2000, m nib with Noodler's Navajo Turquoise

Black and rhodium Sailor 1911 standard, m nib with Waterman Havana Brown

TWSBI 580, b Pelikan M600 nib with R&K Salix

All are enjoyable companions. I inked the Sailor with Havana Brown by mistake, and I've actually enjoyed the ink where I previously did not. NNT is sublime in the Lamy 2000 (great saturation and a wet pen). I'm still working out the kinks with my Frankenpen TWSBI, but I still can't get the Pelikan nib to write consistently. Something to play around with!

Pelikan M150 Grey Post-'97 w/ Medium Nib and Montblanc Oyster Grey

Pelikan M205 Duo Neon Yellow w/ Double Broad nib and Pelikan Yellow Highlighter Ink

Pelikan R250 Green Post-'97 w/ Medium Black Cartridge

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Lamy 2000, m nib with Noodler's Navajo Turquoise

+1 I also am using a Lamy 2000 M with Navajo :D

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

My Lamy 2000 filled with Diamine Grey kept me sane while studying today...

post-87750-0-42920200-1395906683.jpg

It's quite nice out here in the sunshine...

Lamy Studio EF nib filled with R&K Verdigris.

Pilot Custom 74 M nib filled with Pilot Iroshizuku Asagao

Lamy CP1 EF nib filled with Pilot Iroshizuku Yama Budo

Lamy Al-Star Ruby F nib filled with Noodler's Nikita

Fav. PensMB 146, Pilot Falcon, TWSBI VAC 700.

Fav. Inks:  Pilot Iroshizuku Yama Budo & Yama Guri; Diamine Syrah, Oxblood & Eclipse; J. Herbin Rouge Hematite & Vert Reseda; Noodler's Black, Red Black & Zhivago.