• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's late, I am tired and need to go to bed. But I took stock at my desk as I closed my journal and realized that today I used four different pens.

Every morning I make a note in my bathroom journal: Weight, general feeling/energy level, and a note of hope, or a goal for the coming day; Start by setting the bar. This is in a little red Quo Vadis, with one of those leather Quiver pen holders attached to the spine of the book. In that Quiver is the first 'real' fountain pen I ever bought back in the 1960's, my trusty old Plikan 120. I thought if I was going to be the next Hemingway I ought have a proper pen; fine nib, piston filler, classic green and black. Bring on the editors and publishers!

At work I used my relatively new (to me) Burgundy Sailor 1911M with the fine nib. Not spider web fine, but mighty fine, with Diamine Red Dragon, always gets a second look in meetings.

Tonight I addressed a big brown envelope with one of my newest pens, one I am having trouble putting down: It's a like new Parker 51 T6 with a custom 1.0 mm stub nib by Greg Minuskin, inked with Diamine Bilberry. WOW! How to make an impression on a plain brown envelope!

And my reflections at days end go into my Design Y journal, tonight with an exquisite 1945 Golden Pearl Parker Vacumatic, M nib and the striking J Hebine Perle Noire. Leaves no queston in the readers mind that these are considered thoughts, some gravity to the honest evaluation of how near I came to making the mark set early that morning in my little red Quo Vadis.

Who said, one pen is enough?

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_011.jpg

That's a good one! I work on what people here call "Pill Hill." Lots of climbing up the "Hill" to the many Pharmacies!

The Manuscript Classic Calligraphy pen writes okay. Guess that I tend to "lean" a tad bit "heavy" on this FP. Wish I took Calligraphy Classes some years ago!

Don't we all...

Glad you liked the comment. :)

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Lamy Safari med with Lamy Blue

Pelikan M205 Duo Shiny Green highlighter

M815 Wallstreet LE medium with Visconti Brown

M1000 Green fine with Private Reserve Avacodo

fpn_1389205880__post_card_exchange_small.png

Parker Vacumatic Major, black Quink

Shaeffer Sentinel Touchdown, Skripp blue

Waterman, black cartridge

Lamy Safari med with Lamy Blue

Pelikan M205 Duo Shiny Green highlighter

M815 Wallstreet LE medium with Visconti Brown

M1000 Green fine with Private Reserve Avacodo

It's not easy being green ... but I like your new avatar.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

It's not easy being green ... but I like your new avatar.

Thanks, but for him it is " It's not easy being MEAN" .... It's Constantine from the new Muppet Movie coming out this summer.

Edited by irrigger
fpn_1389205880__post_card_exchange_small.png

Lamy Safari, red/red clip, M nib, Pelikan Edelstein Sapphire ink

Pelikan M400, blue, M nib, Lamy Royal Blue ink

Pelikan M200, green, F nib, Pelikan Edelstein Jade ink

Sailor Sapporo, black/rhodium, M nib, J Herbin Éclat de Saphir

Kaweco AC Sport Carbon Fiber with Diamine Aqua Blue

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Visconti Ragtime with F nib, montblanc black ink, Hobonichi planner. A perfect combo! :)

Love those Ragtime pens. :thumbup:

I borrowed my friend's Namiki Falcon again, since mine is taking forever to arrive in the mail. :mellow:

He inked it up with Noodler's English Roses so that's what I'm using it with.

Today is a single, solitary pen: Chome Sheaffer Imperial 444 body with a Sheaffer Triumph Imperial medium nib unit. I'm even using a cartrige (eeep!) of Sheaffer Blue, which is actually a very pleasant colour. It's my "work emergency pen," and I'm using it because I was too lazy last night to ink up a few pens to replace those that ran out yesterday.

It really is a sure-fire, dependable pen, though.

Love those Ragtime pens. :thumbup:

Cheers. If only I could fill it properly. The instructions are in the loft!

It seems to have an integrated convertor type filler, but no ink window. Judging by the amount of use i get out of it, about 20 lines, I must be doing something wrong! :(

Noodler's Ebonite Konrad and Pelikan M205 DUO in Green!

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

Since last january 6th I cannot leave my new beautiful Faber Castell Intuition platinum&wood (fine point who writes medium). Great. With Diamine Royal Blue.

I also have close to my pocket both Pelikan 400NN green stripped and Conklin Crescent Filler 50, both with same Royal Blue, but much more flex. I'd better say fleeeeeeexible nibs.

If I rest, I rust...

Looking into my pen case, I find the following this morning:

• Lamy 2000, medium nib, Noodler's Lexington Gray ink
  • Lamy 2000, fine nib, Diamine Red Dragon ink
  • Parker 75 Cisele, fine nib, Levenger Cobalt Blue ink
  • Lamy Safari, red, medium nib, Lamy Blue ink (just got the pen and using the cart that came with it)
  • TWSBI Diamond 530, medium nib, Levenger Gemstone Green ink (still full from Christmas)
  • Rotring 600, 0.7mm Pilot G-2 gel refill in blue
  • Waterman Carene, Amber Shimmer, 0.7mm Pilot G-2 gel refill in blue
  • Pilot Varsity disposable, black ink
Edited by FLJeepGuy

Collection Counts: Cross-4, Esterbrook-15, Eversharp-1, Graf von Faber-Castell-1, Jinhao-2, Kaweco-1, Lamy-6, Levenger-2, Monteverde-1, Pilot/Namiki-3, Noodler's-1, Parker-18, Rotring-10, Sailor-1, Sheaffer-19, TWSBI-1, Visconti-4, Waterford-1, Waterman-7

Favorite Inks: Diamine, Levenger, Private Reserve, Noodler's Lexington Gray