• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Terrible phone pic, my apologies. Really impressed over the pen -and- the ink (I just cracked open my first bottle of Diamine Damson today and I -really- like it a lot... the picture does not do it justice at all. It's a very greyed out saturated plum colour, almost mauve but less pink and a good deal darker).

hema2.jpg

Mont Blanc Starwalker Red gold metal

Visconti Opera

Platinum #3776 Century Chartres blue

Sailor 1911 21ct

Porsche Design P'3110 gold

Edited by Necarex

Noodler's Konrad Ebonite, the Sahara sand ripple... My wife even commented how it matched my outfit the other night....

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

Pilot Custom 823 with medium nib. Mine is the brown/amber semi-translucent one. I've got it inked up with Iroshizuku oxtail (whatever it's called). I'm going to try the Pelikan Amber when it comes in.

Noodler's ebonite Konrad with Diamine Merlot for the morning journal entry; finally ran that pen dry, so finished out the last page with the new-to-me (as of two days ago) Morrison, with Quink Black.

Random quick notes and jottings with the Morrison, and also with a regular (i.e., resin body) Noodler's Konrad filled with (diluted) Noodler's El Lawrence; and the blue Parker 51 with Herbin Eclat de Saphir (also somewhat diluted at this point).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Stainless steel Parker Sonnet with gold trim (GT), right oblique gold plated nib (the one for lefties) and Sheaffer's blue-black ink.

The pen came today. No nib in the pen, as advertised. Just the home for the gold plated right oblique.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Normally I can resist answering this question, because I'm writing with a coherent (= not very various) lot of pens and inks. Today, however, is just a little different:

Parker Aero 51 with a broad nib, OMAS black

Parker Aero 51 with a fine nib, Cross black

Italix Parson's Essential, medium italic/stub nib, Waterman black

Lanbitou Pocket Rocket, excellent fine nib, Cross black

I'm using a "51" demi that i just received from another member in the classifieds here,My first 51 its a joy to write with, I have some Mont Blanc Royal blue in it and it writes wonderfully

"Worse things happen at sea"

Pilot Custom 823 with medium nib. Mine is the brown/amber semi-translucent one. I've got it inked up with Iroshizuku oxtail (whatever it's called). I'm going to try the Pelikan Amber when it comes in.

And now with Pelikan Amber

I found in a box yesterday my Shaeffer Prelude with a fine nib (I thought it have been stolen at work). Cleaned it, re-inked today with Black Parker Quink, and trying on every piece of paper how the ink goes, to compare it with my Blue-Black Noodler's ink.

Was using this today at work:

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae360/chc_hmc/photo_zpse3c76760.jpg

Manuscript Classic Calligraphy pen with the 1.1mm ( B) Nib.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_011.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Preppy Eyedropper loaded with Waterman Serenity Blue. I have arbitrarily decided that in the future,all of my "demonstrator" pens will be loaded black inks such that I will use the Preppy until it is time to load up.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_011.jpg

That's a good one! I work on what people here call "Pill Hill." Lots of climbing up the "Hill" to the many Pharmacies!

See with what large letters I have written you with my own hand. GaVIxi

The pen is the interpreter of the soul: what one thinks, the other expresses. (MdC)

The Manuscript Classic Calligraphy pen writes okay. Guess that I tend to "lean" a tad bit "heavy" on this FP. Wish I took Calligraphy Classes some years ago!

See with what large letters I have written you with my own hand. GaVIxi

The pen is the interpreter of the soul: what one thinks, the other expresses. (MdC)