• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pelikan M600 Green Striated w/ EF nib and Iroshizuku Kon-Peki

Pelikan M400 White Tortosie w/ F nib and Rohrer & Klingner Alt Goldgrun

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

TWSBI 540 with Pendleton tuned nib, Kaweco broad, and a Pilot Metropolitan (a REAL bargain).

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Sheaffer Imperial II Deluxe, F nib (though it writes more like an extra-fine or a Japanese fine), with Waterman Mysterious Blue

I'm writing an online serial thing. It's urban fantasy. And I have no idea how long it's going to run for.

Today's selections:

1) unknown model Arnold lever pen, with "Veri Smooth" semi-flex M nib -- Quink Black.

Not a bad little pen, although I probably paid too much for it. Unfortunately, it doesn't go very far on a fill -- writing 3 pages in my journal pretty much ran it dry apparently, because when I tried to use it just now it didn't write. :(

2) Noodler's Konrad (Red Mesa Tortoise) -- Noodler's El Lawrence

For writing checks -- ironically, the Noodler's nib seems to have more flex to it than the Arnold was advertised to have....

3) Parker 51 (Plum), probably an M nib -- Waterman Mysterious Blue

Random notes. Looks like Velma (yes, I decided it needed a sultry film noir sort of name) is gonna need a flush and/or refill soon, though.

That's so far -- I still need to finish going through the flyers from the Sunday paper, and do the crossword, and those may end up being done with the Noodlers FPC (Cobalt) -- seriously (at this point) diluted Noodler's Bay State Blue (on the basis that refilling with distilled water was faster than flushing out the pen: I needed to spend time today shoveling the driveway and sidewalk; plus, the HBF Konrad, with somewhat diluted Noodler's Kung Te Cheng, is in much greater need of a good cleaning...) :rolleyes:

Beyond that, who knows? It's only a little after 5:30 EST, after all....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Since it was snowing today, it was a good day to clean out the "too many pens that I had inked". First I flushed and then I repaired a crack in the cap in an old family Duofold Big Red. This has only recently been restored (by me) and was inked to test out the new nib and sac. It wrote beautifully (I love these big Parker pens). Only after filling and writing did I notice the crack in the cap. It wasn't big and it stopped at the rings but I didn't want it traveling either.

Then I cleaned out 2 Pelikan 400nn pens that have been writing for quite a while and I filled the Pelikan 400nn that Shawn (newtonspens.com) repaired. What a great job he did and lucky me it still writes like a dream just like it always did. He posted pictures here https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/256660-400nn-back-from-the-brink/

I then cleaned out my old Sheaffer Targa italic nib pen since it wasn't doing much. I take very good care of this pen, it has a 14k nib that is an original italic (not ground) that I bought in London in the 70s. I never saw them here in the US.

I even cleaned out 2 Lamy Al-Star pens that sit next to my fridge and write the shopping lists. One got filled right back up again.

So what is left inked? The 400nn that just got put back into service, a different Parker big red with a broad nib that is my favorite and 2 Pelikan 120s (one with a fine italic nib and the other with a med. italic nib).

For someone who doesn't actually write that much that is still too many pens in circulation and inked up. I do love playing with them though. :)

Edited by keldridge

Kathleen

Can't find my Parker Sonnet, somewhere here in the office. lol. (I hope)

Jinhao 159 - Mont Blanc Violet

Lamy Al Star - Waterman Serenity Blue/Florida Blue

A few days ago two Esterbrook's arrived. I am writing with one and it's a pure joy, other one is scratchy right now.

post-108491-0-72448800-1386808784.png

~ Justifying pen purchases since 2013 ~

My ESS Registrar's Blue-black arrived in the afternoon mail today, so I cleaned out one of my Parker 45s and loaded it up.

It writes very smoothly (med 14k Parker factory nib) with no feathering on Staples' 20 lb. copy bond with no show-through, so I can use both sides

for notes, et c.

Goes down nicely, a wet line that dries quickly (although that may change with summer and humidity) with very nice shading. One of the nicest blue-blacks I've used. When I get organized, I'll do a test on other papers and post a few pics.

Sheaffer Imperial II Deluxe, F nib, with Waterman's Mysterious Blue (which I need to refill)

Lamy Safari, F nib, with... I think it might be J. Herbin's Lie de The? I don't know, it's brown.

Jinhao 1200, M nib, with Scribal Workshop's Siren Blue (which... I am not fond of. It dries too fast and I keep having issues with all of the shades I tried. This one made the 1200, which is a pretty wet writer, dry and railroad at times. Pity, it's a nice shade of blue)

I'm writing an online serial thing. It's urban fantasy. And I have no idea how long it's going to run for.

Using pilot metropolitan very smooth Fine nib (available in Asia only) pilot black ink - I have a gold and a black pen so I made a gold cap/black body model for myself

post-23291-0-99172900-1386892687_thumb.jpg

Dr. Scrawl

Am loving my '149' and write for the sake of it just to use it! My journal is full of spurious ramblings from both my pens. As it is new the 149 currently has Montblanc Royal Blue ink in it and my Raden VP has Tsuki-yo in it. Awesome colour ink that is and the Royal Blue is one of my favourite Blues.

The VP has a F nib but it writes finer than my 149's EF nib.

Monteverde Touch Screen Stylus tool Fountain Pen

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

One of my Parker 45s - medium 14k nib - ESS Registrar's Blue Black. I received a Wearever Deluxe 100 with a Tribune 14k nib the other day, I'm working with it, the nib has obliqued itself or was altered, it has an alignment issue my wife and I are working on. Photos when it's set up.