What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

Kaweco with the schedules for today:

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae360/chc_hmc/KawecoToday_zps5eccdcdc.jpg

See with what large letters I have written you with my own hand. GaVIxi

The pen is the interpreter of the soul: what one thinks, the other expresses. (MdC)

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lamy 2000, M14ct nib with Quink Blue /Black

Ciselle .925 Silver Parker Sonnet LE 115 Anniversary, M 2 tone 18ct nib, with Quink Blue

Waterman CF (circa 1955?) EF nib, PR Cosmic Cobalt

Reform 1745, med nib, Noodler's Liberty's Elysium

Pelikan D-200 mechanical pencil; 0.5mm HB lead

Today:

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae360/chc_hmc/TWSBIampElectroStamp_zpsd9712fa8.jpg

See with what large letters I have written you with my own hand. GaVIxi

The pen is the interpreter of the soul: what one thinks, the other expresses. (MdC)

My new Italix burgundy Parson's Essential (F), with CultPens Deep Dark Red. A perfect match.

Hi Migo, any chance of a photo of the PE? The picture on the Mr. Pen website makes it hard to tell the true colour of this pen. I'm thinking of getting one and hope it is a 'vibrant' burgundy!

Just received some ink samples from Goulet's. I filled my trusty old Lamy 2000 with stub nib with Diamine Salamander. I like this ink, lovely shading.

Opera Crystal Visconti today with Diamine Mediterranean Blue

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Levenger True Writer, Sea Glass edition. Inked with the "Some Kinda Black" cartridge that came with it!

"Ravens play with lost time."

Hi Migo, any chance of a photo of the PE? The picture on the Mr. Pen website makes it hard to tell the true colour of this pen. I'm thinking of getting one and hope it is a 'vibrant' burgundy!

I posted a picture in this thread.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/252413-italix/page-4

It's a lovely shade of burgundy and is not a 'flat' colour; it has a subtle lustre. As usual with the PE mine has a very smooth nib, with good ink flow.

Verba volant, scripta manent

I posted a picture in this thread.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/252413-italix/page-4

It's a lovely shade of burgundy and is not a 'flat' colour; it has a subtle lustre. As usual with the PE mine has a very smooth nib, with good ink flow.

Brilliant, thanks for the link. I bought the green for my daughter and it's also a lovely looking pen. I have the original black and, as you say, it has a wonderfully smooth nib. Great pens!

Sigh. This morning started with balancing the chequebook.

Reform 1745 with Noodler's Liberty's Elysium -- The Reform is rather a stiff nib, similar to an Esterbrook but with a tad more flex. It writes smoothly, lays down a nice wet line, some shading with L.E. ink, but not much. I prefer the L.E. or Bad Black Moccasin for chequebook entries and cheque writing, they're resistant enough to eliminate easily-altered cheques (a forger will destroy the cheque paper before the ink's gone) and water-resistant enough to deal with accidental coffee and tea spills.

So far today, I have mostly used my Noodler's Konrad with a Goulet B nib and loaded with Noodler's Apache Sunset.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

So far, Esterbrook Red LJ with Copper Burst,

HRE9010 with N. African Violet

Parker Challenger with Edelstein Tanzanite

I'm feeling "Parker-ish" today, so I'll be using my Parker Flighter (P-45 style) with Diamine Ancient Copper and my Parker Challenger with Edelstein Tanzanite. If I'm feeling really adventurous, I'll get my wife's Jackson stub dip pen and Winsor-Newton's India ink and practise a bit with it.

Today I will use:

Mont Blanc 149 - Akkerman Shocking Blue

Soennecken 444 Extra - Conway Stewart Black

Waterman Commando - Waterman's Serenity Blue