What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

Today is the first use of a new ( to me ) "Diamond Point" fountain pen and pencil set. New sac, fussed with the nib, new eraser and 1.0 lead for the pencil, lots of simichrome to bring back the metal parts, inkked up with black Quink. Inaugural task was to write a report for later typing and presentation at a board meeting late this afternoon. A totally pleasant surprise! This pen has immediately become a favorite. Nib is fine and flexible - feels like it is not even on the paper, leaves behind a nice trail that responds to pressure with no fuss at all. Now I guess I need to find out who made "diamond point" and more about the set. I picked it up last summer at a flea market in Maine. 2 dollars......... I was told they guessed it to be from the thirties, but that is all I know.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today is the first use of a new ( to me ) "Diamond Point" fountain pen and pencil set. New sac, fussed with the nib, new eraser and 1.0 lead for the pencil, lots of simichrome to bring back the metal parts, inkked up with black Quink. Inaugural task was to write a report for later typing and presentation at a board meeting late this afternoon. A totally pleasant surprise! This pen has immediately become a favorite. Nib is fine and flexible - feels like it is not even on the paper, leaves behind a nice trail that responds to pressure with no fuss at all. Now I guess I need to find out who made "diamond point" and more about the set. I picked it up last summer at a flea market in Maine. 2 dollars......... I was told they guessed it to be from the thirties, but that is all I know.

An older Noodler's eyedropper pen (Oliver Ideal) fitted with an Esterbrook 356 "Art and Drafting" nib, filled with Noodler's Heart of Darkness. Lousy for writing, wonderful for drawing!

Mike Hungerford

Model Zips - Google Drive

fpn_1382521851__alpinapiagetparmigianirg

From right side..

Recife Crystal standard size fine nib..redaction pen

filled with Omas Amerigo Vespucci Red..

Noodler' Konrad ersatz flex pen..'Red State' which

is fitted with Welty's Music nib..

Bexley America The Beautiful C.I. 0.7mm nib..

Stipula Novecento 1522 red black ebonite in a wood grain pattern..

1.3mm nib..

Fred

Ladies and Gentlemen we sincerely apologize for the dreaded double post..

Why?..I don't know. I ain't a philosopher......

Nothing in this post constitutes legal advice..this is free..advice

you have to pay for......And..always remember..food is food in

the wild..you take it where you can get it......

Usin' the redaction pen..please excuse my horrifyingly..

wicked..nasty..badaxx..and of course atrocious spellin'

Fred..5:21PM

Edited by Freddy

Purple Monteverde Artista with Noodler's Pendemonium Blacktop Black.

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Lisa in Raleigh, NC

I'm using a Sheaffer Prelude Rainbow filled with Diamine Graphite. I LOVE how well this medium nib writes, so smooth!

fpn_1382543019__rainbowcirca1.jpg

Ridiculously addicted to my Lamy Safaris.

Thanks! It is indeed a sharp looking pen and I like the heft of it. I actually picked it up used for a heck of a good deal and swapped out the old fine nib for a new medium. Unfortunately, I'm having flow problems with it though -- I'll write about a paragraph and then the nib dries up, forcing me to prime the feed with the converter. I've switched converters, inks and flushed the pen with soapy water, all to no avail. It's causing me to not enjoy the pen as much as I'd like to. :( Not sure if this is just a particular property of the Legacy inlaid nib?

That's bad news. Sheaffer's inlaid nibs usually perform flawless, but I don't know about the present ones. Hope your wonderful pen gets better ;)

My brand spankin', haven't-emptied-the-first-converter-fill-yet new Turquoise Monteverde Prima stub nib filled with Stipula Musk Green ink.

"Ravens play with lost time."

Cross Aventura M (blue/steel)

Cross Solo M (black/gold)

Pilot Varsity M (black ink)

Sheaffer Prelude F (incandescent green)

Parker Reflex F (black/steel)

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

Black and chrome Sheaffer 300, m nib with Diamine Majestic Blue (I'm remembering why I love this ink so much and really do need to use it more often)

Matte Black Pilot VP, m nib with Waterman Purple

Pelikan M215 rings, m nib with Diamine China Blue (again, great ink that I really should use more often...awesome shading and I love how it "cures")

Sheaffer Imperial silver with Akkerman Shocking Blue ink.

Top pen in this picture:

http://www.fototime.com/DF9EDE80D711CCE/large.jpg

Camlin SD with FPR Flex Nib and Camel Royal Blue Ink

Red Rotring Calligraphy with 1.1 mm Stub Italic nib and a home-mixed violet ink (red + blue)

Pilot Varsity Fine point nib with black ink

Fountain pen geek, bibliophile, aspiring audiophile.

Love Single Malt, Coffee, Beer.

Corporate slave by day.

Pursuing Inner Peace.

Slytherin, INTJ.

Follow me on Instagram @thepenperson

Follow me on Twitter @thepenperson

Jinhao No. 750, med-fine nib, Noodler's Bad Black Mocassin

Pelikan 200 mechanical pencil, 0.5mm HB lead