What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

Parker 51 with steel nib, loaded with Pelikan black.

Oops. I do not know how this happened. Sorry.

Steel nib ? Is it A P 51 or P21; alternatively does it have a P21 nib , because the P51 had a 14 ct nib ?

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Platinum #3776 Shoji M Nib with PR Grey Flannel

Schneider Basic LH Nib with unknown long cartridge (maybe Waterman Blue)

TWSBI 540 Blue Demo (M nib) with Pelikan Edelstein Topaz

TWSBI 540 Clear Demo (M nib) with Pelikan Edelstein Sapphire

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3693/9316655878_1c60fddf4c_h.jpghttp://farm3.staticflickr.com/2863/9313879955_d3bb75da4d_h.jpgAnd i think both nibs are fine only but the cover said M so idk, pretty new to pens, maybe the veterans can give a clarification to me :)

Edited by akstorm

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3693/9316655878_1c60fddf4c_h.jpgAnd i think both nibs are fine only but the cover said M so idk, pretty new to pens, maybe the veterans can give a clarification to me :)

:W2FPN: Welcome! What a great first post!!

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

Used MB 146 to write a letter.

Used Lamy Safari to write another.

Used Pilot Minuet to write in my journal;

and used Platinum Plaisir to write a love (?) letter.

Using a Platinum Preppy to write another letter,

and then handed a Bic to thoroughly annoy my mum. :P

Tes rires retroussés comme à son bord la rose,

Effacent mon dépit de ta métamorphose;

Tu t'éveilles, alors le rêve est oublié.

-Jean Cocteau, from Plaint-Chant, 1923

What Pens Are You Using Today?

Esterbrook 444-B {Black} Dip-Less Inkwell base with

a standard black barrel dip-less pen..clear taper..

and 9128 Extra Flexible Extra-Fine nib..which is

not flexible At All..Filled with Swishmix Eternal

Tahitian Pearl..

Fred

Current weather:

95 degrees F. 55% humidity . water temperture 72.9 F.

and drinkin' Tonic water..

Parker 75, cross hatch sterling silver, US made,1st gen, US 14ct M nib, Shaeffer Skrip Blue.

Parker 51, gold filled cap, US made, M14ct nib, Shaeffer Skrip Blue.

:W2FPN: Welcome! What a great first post!!

Thanks @cybaea i dont think i am letting go the fountain pen ever again so will be here for a long long time. :D

Journaled for the first time in a long time with Pelikan M215 lozenge (binderized .7mm cursive italic filled with Edelstein Ruby).

Wrote a letter with my Lamy 2000 (B) filled with J Herbin Perle Noir.

Used my new VP today with the blue cart that came with it. Nice pen and wonderful fine lines. Wasn't as comfortable to the hand as my little Pelikan M215. Nib was pretty good too, but hard to compare anything to my Binderized Peli CI .7mm (my current love -- or is that lust).

Silver, Caran d'Ache Ecridor, F 14ct nib, Florida Blue, with matching jotter.

Steel nib ? Is it A P 51 or P21; alternatively does it have a P21 nib , because the P51 had a 14 ct nib ?

Yes, it is a Parker 51 "Special". I found (bought) it in a flea market in Greenwich, England. I learned later that the nib is called an Octanium nib.

At the time of purchase, I was not sure what to make of it. But, it looked interesting and the nib was smooth on a "dry write", so I took the chance. It could have been an over priced fake or a reasonable "good find".

I only have two pens - an Aurora Optima and others.

Yes, it is a Parker 51 "Special". I found (bought) it in a flea market in Greenwich, England. I learned later that the nib is called an Octanium nib.

At the time of purchase, I was not sure what to make of it. But, it looked interesting and the nib was smooth on a "dry write", so I took the chance. It could have been an over priced fake or a reasonable "good find".

That explains it. A very good find, very few were sold out here, with the Octanium nib.

1938 Parker Vacumatic and Reform (basic?) at work. Playing around with my Waterman's No. 5 and Sheaffer Imperial Lifetime this evening.

My Newton Pens 'raffle' pen! Filled with Diamine Chocolate Brown.

post-5351-0-47211400-1374342207_thumb.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!