What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

2003 CS Churchill Medium wit ha mix of waterman encre violette and visconti purple

2005 Montegrappa Extra Medium/Fine Italic with PR Lake Placid Blue

1979 MB 149 Extra Fine with MB Racing green

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pilot Blue Carbonesque VP with a Medium nib - Platinum Blue Black

Lamy Safari Apple Green (2012 LE) with an EF nib - Sailor Jentle Sky High

Wyvern with a Waterman no.2 flex nib - Diamine Asa Blue

Esterbrook M2 with a 2556 nib - R&K Cassia

Esterbrook J Transitional

Conway-Stewart Shorthand

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing!!!

US made Parker 51 circa 1949, gold filled cap and clutch ring, dark jewel, M nib, Shaeffer Skrip Blue;

Lamy 2000 M nib , Quink Blue/Black

Recent finds all out for use today - Parker 75 Prince de Galles with medium nib. Waterman laureat black, broad nib. Waterman C/F in silver plate, milleraies.

(The last is a problem. It's really blobby. Better find the right cartridge and syringe-fill, because it's just not working with a short international.)

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

Brand new (arrived last night) Nakaya Equilibrium with the music nib and using the Platinum Black cartridge that came with the pen.

fpn_1374058127__nakaya1-cut.jpg

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

Parker 51 with steel nib, loaded with Pelikan black.

I only have two pens - an Aurora Optima and others.

Oops. I do not know how this happened. Sorry.

Edited by aawhite

2005 Montegrappa Extra Medium/Fine Italic with PR Lake Placid Blue

1979 MB 149 Extra Fine with MB Racing green

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Accompanying others..the following.....

Aurora Verdi vermeil cap medium nib..

Nettuno Idra by Stipula vermeil cap band medium nib..

Delta Venezia Ag .925 trim medium nib..

Filled with Waterman Blue - Black Ink '90s..

Fred

Cheap Thrills Big Brother and the Holding Company ~ Janis Joplin ~

Visconti Crystal Opera

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Been emptying/flushing out pens the last few days. Today it was a red Parker Vector F nib with Pharmacist's Turkish Night (now happily draining and drying) in my journal to finish out a fill. Ran out partway through and finished writing with a Platinum Preppy Rollerball with Noodler's Black (amazingly, that got put into the pen nearly a YEAR ago) and I still have a bit of ink left even now. I've been trying to force myself to use it to get it finally written dry (which has taken some doing), because it's time for the next segment of "the best black inks on crappy copy paper in sub-ideal hot and humid conditions (the new contenders will be Sailor Nano Black -- for sure -- and maybe Aurora Black and Noodler's X-Feather).

Also seeing a bit of use is a Noodler's Konrad (Red Mesa Tortoise) with Noodler's El Lawrence.

Not used (it ran out yesterday) is another Konrad (Hudson's Bay Fathom) with Kung Te Cheng, which got a pretty thorough scrubbing this afternoon.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Oooooo Very pretty.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Platinum Plaisir (gold-coloured, M nib), with Diamine's Marine.

I think the last time I used this ink was in a Platinum Preppy that wouldn't stop leaking. At least the Plaisir is more sturdy.

I'm writing an online serial thing. It's urban fantasy. And I have no idea how long it's going to run for.

Pelikan M200 "New Style" Grey Marble w/ F nib and Waterman's Havana Brown

Pelikan M200 "New Style" Clear Demonstrator 2012 LE w/ F nib and Waterman's Serenity Blue

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan