What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

Today a silver Tornado, made by retro 51. Don't usually use cartridges these days, this is one I bought when first getting into fountain pen usage. Just last night returned from the flooded parts of Europe, Prague, Germany, Budapest. Rain and floods were no more than an inconvenience to us, but many people getting wiped out.

This was the first pen I found in the drawer, so it is back in use. Meanwhile, I forgot my pen in my shirt pocket during the trip. It didn't leak on me, but certainly the pressure sent ink into the cap so had to flush it out when I got home.

Left Prague and arrived Boston 22 hours later. Schedule was for a 12 hour trip. Security issues in Amsterdam - individual interviews, whole body scans at the gate, after the regular security. Officers quite interested in my wooden case with four pocket watches, also my (matching) wooden case with five pen/pencil sets and my round wood ink carrier. Wanted to know where I got them, etc. Extra security doesn't bother me, but it freaks my wife out something terrible.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pelikan 800, Diamine Syrah

Awaiting the arrival of another Lamy pen whenever the mailman gets here...

Pelikan 800, Diamine Syrah

Awaiting the arrival of another Lamy pen whenever the mailman gets here...

Amazing, I just hit enter and my assistant walked in with a box from Goulet.

Franklin-Christoph Model 27 with Diamine Imperial Purple ink. :)

"Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often at times we call a man cold when he is only sad." ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Pelikan M400, black cap and barrel, 14ct M nib; Pelikan blue/black;

Limited Edition 115th Anniversary Parker Ciselle .985 silver Sonnet, two tone 18ct nib; Quink blue.

Accompanying others.... .

1935 Waterman Ink - Vue Emerald Ray with a Red fine nib.... .

Filled with Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue Ink..

Fred

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers.

These are people of the land. The common clay of the west....

You know morons."

~ The Waco Kid ~

Parker Sonnet 1st gen, Cascade Gold pattern, 18ct two tone nib; Shaeffer Blue. :sm_cat:

Franklin Christoph #19 with a stub nib by Mike Masuyama. I'm using a Stipula Musk Green/Pelikan Amber mixture for ink.

Blessings...

D

Snake pen..fine nib and filled with Skrip #22 blue black ink..

Fred

I am just a man..not fit to do the work of God...or the Devil.

~ Captain Vere ~

So far, a Mont Blanc 147 EF with Rohrer & Kligner Salix...Unfortunately I can't write everything by hand all day!

Parker 51, UK manufacture, Gold filled cap, black barrel and chrome clutch ring, M nib; Parker Quink Blue Black;

Omas Ogival Extra, Burgandy Cap and Barrel, 18ct trimmings, B 18ct nib; Shaeffer Skrip Blue.

Sheaffer No Nonsense indigo colour

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

Parker 45 Classic, Navy Blue. 14K gold nib with Parker Quink

Also, a Parker frontier, Stainless steel with GT and Gold plated Nib.

Just got my 45 yesterday! :lol:

So far today, BIC disposable fountain pen. Working crosswords down by the pool.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

So far today, BIC disposable fountain pen. Working crosswords down by the pool.

Eeeeeeek! Say it ain't so! (panic attack) (hates 'disposable' anything, except nappies lol)

How are they anyhow? I should probably find a review somewhere....

Edited by cybaea

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

Ralph Prather customer Partker 51, OMAS Saffron Blue, Visconti Copernicus Fountain Roller, Krone (don't remember the name), Marlen HTF, and Dani Trio Fellowship FP.

Oh....and a Palomino Blackwing pencil, and a Wancher Mahatma pencil holder...

Edited by Doug C

the Danitrio Fellowship

Nakaya Decapod Heki-tamenuri...medium stub nib by John Mottishaw.

For the last week I've used J.Herbin Rouge Hematite ink for journaling. Tasty.

D

Eeeeeeek! Say it ain't so! (panic attack) (hates 'disposable' anything, except nappies lol)

How are they anyhow? I should probably find a review somewhere....

Not too bad of writers, ink is not impressive and I'm not sure they're durable enough to actually last until the ink runs out. However they work pretty good for taking down by the pool over concrete with a puppy trying to sneek away with it when your head is turned! I got a 3 pack of 3 colors for $6 at Staples.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!