What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

Basic combo: Black lacquer gold trim Parker Sonnet with fine nib, filled with black Parker Quink.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Platinum Chatres Blue F - Platinum Pigment Blue

Telex 18 - Pilot BB

Sailor Sapporo Mini-Slim F - Sailor Sei-boku

Cross Sauvage Tourmaline (M) - Mont Blanc Seaweed green (Jonathan Swift LE)

Mont Blanc Starwalker black/platinum - Mont Blanc Midnight blue

I'm using a laban Canadian burl wood with sterling silver accents, Lamy Dialogue 2, and a Krone Moderne

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." Albert Einstein

Waterman Phileas with Noodler's Nikita

root beer Esterbrook SJ with J Herbin's Perle Noir (surprised I like this ink, I expected it to be unsatisfying in comparison with Noodler's black, but it is OK!)

Student of history, art, and life, writing the Encyclopedia of Retro-Modern Savoir-Faire

http://proustscookies.blogspot.com/

Stainless Hero 704. The best Chinese pen I have. A dignified pen in looks and performance.

post-100406-0-24082700-1368022162.jpg

Sheaffer Legacy Heritage F with Montblanc Midnight Blue

TWSBI 580 M with Diamine Midnight

What can I say - I´m simple...

Most and best service from my 1949 Parker Shadow Wave Vac with the factory B stub nib. This pen is a pleasure to write with. That Saior Jentle Epinard looks great coming out of the pen.

Just a note with my Pelikan M700Toledo: the Diamine Ancient Copper seems such a great compliment to this pen's looks.

A few practice strokes with the smoothest pen I have, A Pel M600 with a Motishaw customized 0.8mm stub.

And off and on through the day with a 1945 Emerald Green Vacumatic with a custom 0.9mm cursive italic. This pen is more demanding of my sloppy ways. The Diamine Delamere green is a good match.

Accompanying other pens...

A...Parker Maxima Vacumatic gray pearl dj

with a semi flexie fine..which is filled with

Pelikan 4001 TG1 Royal Blue ink... .

Fred

Now..what is it that has four pairs of pants.. lives in Philadelphia..

and it never rains but it pours... .

~ Rufus T. Firefly, partner Chicolini & Pinky, LLP ~

Drawing today with 3 different Jinhao 159 broad nibs, inked with Noodler's dragon naplam, Dark matter and Apache sunset.... carrying Edison Collier and waiting for a Lamy Dialogue 3 to come in the mail today.... :excl: :)

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." Albert Einstein

Shaeffer Touchdown Triumph with Waterman Purple and Jet Black Skrip (4:1)

Parker 45 with Pelikan Brilliant Brown

I'm not sure which ones I got around to using today, but here's the ones currently inked:

• Lamy Safari frankenpen with a recent yellow cap and barrel and a nib section from an older charcoal Lamy Safari (the barrel of the older one didn't fit over the converter I'd already inserted and filled, so I just used the yellow safari barrel and cap :rolleyes: Ink: Scribal Workshop Nessie. Dra-ma!
  • Sheaffer No-Nonsense Pink, M nib (the ones isellpens had on sale a few weeks ago lol). Herbin Larmes de Cassis
  • Luoshi 708 calligraphy nib, Noodler's Rome Burning. Have finally met ink I hate actively dislike.
  • Luoshi X450 calligraphy nib, Scribal Workshop Toad Purple. Both these Luoshis have been clogging something fierce lately, but I can never get around to looking into this properly.
  • Parker No Clue What Model with B nib and Iroshizuku Tsuyu-Kusa - shading to make grown men cry tears of joy.
  • Waterman Phileas Mississipi Red, Sailor Jentle Apricot (Oh Em Gee, Gor-geous)
  • Sheaffer No-Nonsense Black, old (without the metal dot in the cap), M nib, with totally lame Herbin Scented Purple ink.
  • Parker jotter M nib, De Atramentis Sandlawood
  • Eyedropperized Preppy with Herbin Gris Nuage
  • Sheaffer Agio Compact in Black with M nib, Herbin Bleu Nuit
  • MB 145 burgundy, M nib, Herbin Bleu Nuit (these two are standards - the agio lives in my bag/pocket)

Oh crud, that's like *counts* 11 pens *gulp* Maybe I oughtta slow down? Hehehe :blush:

I'm not affiliated with ANY of the brands/retailers/shops/ebay sellers/whatever I mention or recommend. If that ever changes, I will let you know :)

Looking for a cheap Pilot VP/Capless - willing to put up with lots of cosmetic damage.

Sheaffer Carmine Red OS lever fill Balance ef nib and Noodlers FPN Dumas Tulipe Noire ink.

Cleaned out all of my other pens, so for one rare day, just have one pen inked!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Sunday morning writing practice with a Montblanc 136 extra-fine steel nib, ca. 1939, loaded with Parker Quink Blue, on reasonably fp-friendly paper from an unknown brand (A4-sized notebook from local department store).

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

My new Lamy Dialogue 3 with Noodler's Dark matter ink...

Custom pen made by Lau Lau Pens from my 2008 trip to Hawaii. Beautiful curly koa wood and a smooth medium nib with Diamine Mediterranean Blue ink.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

fpn_1368490480__traditionalgraymansometh

Fred

You can't do good deals with bad people..

and you can't do bad deals with good people

~ Chris Blackwell ~

1977 MB 149 with flexible medium broad loaded with private reserve fast dry ultra black

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time