What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

Today I am using my grandfathers Parker 51, vacuum fill, black barrel and gold filled cap. He received it as a gift from his mother after returning from WWII. He and the pen are still kicking!

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My lucky day... Today I've been using

Danitrio Densho RE .9 stub with Iroshizuku Aji-Sai

Visconti Homo Sapiens Midi Steel B age with Iroshizuku Asa-Gao

TWSBI Micarta M with Waterman serenity blue.

I like all of them, but they certainly is different.

Favorite of the day: Nakaya Naka-ai Heki tame.

1). Mont Blanc 146, Probably Early 1980's, Fine Nib.

2). Sensa Meridian Carbon Black Fountain Pen, Fine Point.

3). Monteverde, Invincia Stealth, Stubbed Nib.

A brand new Cross Sauvage in Stingray. It arrived this morning and it is so beautiful! Now I want some in other colours. I have the blue on my wishlist and maybe the black python.

On a side note, the ink in Cross cartridges is AWFUL. Cross no longer send out pens with converters so I have one on order but had to use the cartridge today. The ink barely flows at all. If I turn the cartridge upside down the ink doesn't immediately flow downwards. In fact, some of it doesn't flow down at all, it sits at the top like a limpet on the bottom of a ship, clinging on until I tap it rather vigorously with my fingernail. Looking forward to testing it with a decent ink. My other Cross pens write beautifully and I'm always impressed by their performance. Great for the price, IMHO.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Today I was using a 1905 Evans humpback filler beautiful alternating chased body with a medium nib, and J. Herbin bleu pervenche.

TMR

Been using a TWSBI 540 (1.1 Italic) and a Franklin-Christoph 29 (Medium Italic) today.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.pnghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5673/inkdz2.png

- FPN LE Stipula Passaporto F & M Italic

- FPN LE Modellto-T

- Badger & Blade Edison Glenmont LE (M nib)

Today I'm using a TWBI 540 and just finished cleaning a used Krone Moderne I just purchased from Ebay. I will ink it up as soon as it dries to test out. It has a gorgeous 18k broad nib... kind of excited about that. Its my first gold nib pen :)

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." Albert Einstein

Today I am using a Parker Duofold Streamline black and pearl.

I am really excited to get my Caw's back from Pendleton Brown with the panache he added to the black and white checkered piston filler.

Tonight I will use my Maroon Wateman's Commando.

I am using a Lamy Nexx M today. I just purchased it recently and I'm really enjoying it.

“Left-handers are wired into the artistic half of the brain, which makes them imaginative, creative, surprising, ambiguous, exasperating, stubborn, emotional, witty, obsessive, infuriating, delightful, original, but never, never, dull" James T deKay and Sandy Huffaker

I'm using a Lamy Scala 080. For sure it is not the best fountain pen ever, but I like it a lot because of its smooth design and simplicity

I dug out the Reform 1745 last weekend and have been using it all week filled with Diamine oxblood. That little pen writes really smooth, but I wish the barrel was a bit thicker.

Just flushed and inked my new Delta Dolce Vita IT demonstrator that arrived today from Bryant at Pentime, who always provides great service. Waterman South Sea Blue ink.

John

I had a birthday this week and birthdays are great for getting new pens! My husband and daughter gave me a Sheaffer Sagaris in brushed chrome. I love it, but Sheaffer describe as light-weight! If that's their idea of light, I'd hate to find out what they consider heavy to be. The cap seems to be weighted. It's a lovely writer though.

Edited by estrones

Today it is my Sherpa Mr. Pinstripe Fountain Pen (Pilot Varsity insert!). Makes a nice hooded fountain pen for eveyday use.

post-23291-0-65984700-1364164792.gifpost-23291-0-42180400-1364164791.gifpost-23291-0-57573000-1364164786.gif

Dr. Scrawl

Hi!

I'm new here in the FPN, and this is my first post.

I just got started to use this newly purchased Platinum #3776 Century Yellow L. E. "Ren-gyo".

I was one of the one hundred lucky guys who could buy this beautiful pen :thumbup:

Best regards.

post-72216-0-95017000-1364169824.jpg

post-72216-0-98963100-1364169837.jpg

- Parker 51 cedar blue vac restore by Tom "Old Griz" Mullane

- fiddling with an English aereo medium +, black, that has inked heavy ti the left and seemed starved when I move it rightward. Ammonia/water flush, long soak, and a fille with old-fashioned Parker Quink Blue with Solv-X. Ah, that smell! Pen now writes evenly. A lucky find on UK EBay...won it at about $45, maybe because it was missing a jewel. That's easy to replace.

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight