What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

TWSBI Vac700 F with Noodler's x-feather for work datasheets.

Pilot Custom 74 M with Noodler's Apache Sunset for journaling.

Message me about nib work in NYC

Instagram | YouTube

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pelikan 625 Sterling Blue (that I just got on Saturday) with Diamine Eclipse

Nice!

post-77894-0-73547000-1363209447.jpg

Edited by retroblu7

Pelikan 625 Sterling Blue (that I just got on Saturday) with Diamine Eclipse

Ahh, a very fine pen indeed! thumbup.gifpost-77894-0-86950200-1363210545.jpg

Mont Blanc 144, M 14ct nib, filled with Quink Blue, supported by a MB Solitaire ball pen. I like the Solitaire as a jotter when I carry the 144 as it is easier to pick as ball point in my vest pocket.

Oddly, for me, a Parker Duofold with OM nib. Ink is Herbin Perle Noire

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Green Sheaffer PFM I with MB Emerald and Montegrappa Extra 1930 with Carlo Collodi ink

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Pelikan Pelikano MK2 1965-9 filled with diamine turquoise. This beauty is my "works" pen it was 99p on ebay and its lovely to write with and hold, it is fitted with a faber castell converter which fits beautifully and holds enough ink for one day of meetings, it doesnt dry out even if left for weeks not being used! <3

Esterbrook J, TWSBI Diamond 580 (lost it somewhere :-() and some random other pens

I decided to only ever have two pens inked at any one time to avoid having them dried out. Currently, to my amazement, I'm down to only three!

TWSBI 540 smoke EF with Pharmacist's Turkish Night. Apart from the pen being probably the best I have, I'm still impressed that a hobbyist can produce inks that rival the major ink makers.

Serwex 362 with Camlin black: Although a brief inspection makes it very obvious that this is a cheap pen, it has a good nib, better than most Chinese pens anyway. The piston is quite stiff. I think I've had to use silicon grease to stop leaking on most of my Serwex pens, can't recall if I had to on this one. The ink is an ugly grey rather than black and not particularly well behaved but I'm too cheap to dump it :-)

Submarine (Indian brand), forgotten the name, with Lamy Green. I decided after I received it that I would never ink it since the cap turned out to be cracked. Apart from he fact that it will presumably disintegrate completely if I use it, I expect it will lead to it drying out eventually. I decided to give it a go anyway, and even though the nib looks like a typical crappy IPG, it actually writes quite well.

Слава Україні!

Slava Ukraini!

STR:11 DEX: 5 CON:5 INT:17 WIS:11 CHA:3

Wielding: BIC stick of poor judgment (-3,-5) {cursed}

Hero 330 w/ Quink black - on the road - has the look of a P51 but only 1/9th the cost of my vintage 51.

festina lente

Pelikan M400 black case, gold trim, M nib, filled with Pelikan Blue Black.

Today, thus far...

Conklin Crescent Filler 25

Unknown Crescent Filler

Sheaffer Lifetime Jade Green ring top,

Parker Sonnet

Pilot Seigaiha

And it's only 11:36 am!

Krone Santa Fe LE, medium 18kt white gold nib, Omas blue ink.

TMR

Edited by tringle

Pilot Namiki Vanishing Point 18k F

TWSBI Vac 700 EF

And, as always, Sheaffer Prelude EF

"La charité du sage le pousse parfois à paraitre ému, fâché ou réjoui afin de ne pas blesser son entourage
par la froideur et la lucidité de sa vraie nature."

http://i45.tinypic.com/ekoyc.jpg

My new Pelikan M800 Brown Tortoise with Diamine Majestic Blue

Lamy Studio Royal Red with Noodlers Zhivago

Lamy Safari Apple Green with Visconti Blue