What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

I've been intrigued by Fountain Pens for a long time... but the few times I've written with them (samples in stores, etc), I haven't liked them AT ALL, so I've never pulled the trigger and gotten one.

One of these days I'll get one...

But right now, I carry (and use exclusively) a Stainless Steel Sharpie pen.

I wish it was constructed better... more like the SS Sharpie Marker. It seems like the SS Sharpie pen was hastily put together... but I still love how it writes.

I'm hoping to upgrade to a Prometheus Pen with a Montblanc Fineliner insert. It seems to do what the SS Sharpie pen does... but just better.

I tried a County Comm Embassy Pen, but I really abhorred the Fisher Pen insert. I don't need to write in space, upside down, or underwater. I write on Rhodia paper... I don't need that utility (and I hated the fact that the cap was just dead weight in my hand because it couldn't be attached to the back of the pen.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On my desk:-Pelikan Black 100, F nib -Pelikan Ivory 320, M nib -Pelikan Green 140, F nibFor the jumble in the paper (permanently grandfathered):-Platinum Phoenix Mak-ie, M nibIn my pen case for work:-Pelikan 101 Lizard, EF nib w/xtra flex-Platinum Green Celluloid, B nib-Pelikan 200 Blue Marble Rollerball

sheaffer PFMI in green with MB Emerald Green

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Sailor 1911, F nib, Private Reserve Dakota Red for quick notes at work. Feels appropriate as some data loading processes failed.

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

On the road with my Visconti traveling ink pot with Omas blue/black ink.

Main work pen - Sheaffer Targa matte black with med nib and Omas blue/black ink.

Back-up work pen and primary bible note pen - Parker 51 flighter with fine nib and Omas blue/black ink.

Personal correspondence pen - Lamy Safari with 1.5 nib and Diamine Antique Copper ink.

Pens housed in a Visconti 3-hole pen case.

New here. Using a Delta pen. But it was only available at Chatterly Luxuries as the Stantuffo Italia Limited Edition Fountain Pen. Personally, I love the way it writes, even though it's a medium. Enough to sell the Montblanc pen. It's thick, heavy, doesn't dry out as easily as my cheap Waterman fountain pen (RIP).

Anybody know anything about it?

post-98642-0-26651700-1363050599.jpg

post-98642-0-06492600-1363050604.jpg

post-98642-0-39829400-1363050609.jpg

post-98642-0-73916500-1363050613.jpg

[url="http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/classifieds/item/17916-montblanc-meisterstuck-solitaire-new-in-box/"]Got myself a Montblanc pen, new in box, for sale.[/url]
This signature has been formatted to fit your scr

Parker Vacumatic today.

"As the purse is emptied, the heart is filled." -- Victor Hugo

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f241/centurycigar/2j26aaa_zpsf21706be.png

I use my Krone Santa Fe LE with a medium nib and any blue ink I can find. Usually J Herbin or Omas, this I use in my office.

I just got into using a Waterman Commando with a really flexible nib, I am getting used to writing with a flexi! This pen I use at home.

The pen I use on the road is a Pelikan 400NN with a matching pencil 450? The nib on the Pelikan is an oblique.

Next week I will switch it up, I miss writing with my Sheaffer nail head.

Troy

Levenger True Writer, M nib and Aircorp blue-black. Thinking of switching to Luxury Blue. Preparing an article on art deco for the blog.

I know some people gripe about these pens, but I'm quite happy with both of mine. Seems to be a love 'em or hate 'em thing.

Student of history, art, and life, writing the Encyclopedia of Retro-Modern Savoir-Faire

http://proustscookies.blogspot.com/

Had a wonderful day writing today! Just got back from the Arkansas Pen Show and had lots of stuff to clean up, repair, restore and to ink up and write with!

Gold overlay Diamond Point flex nib pen

Parker 51 Vac Cedar Blue

Parker 51 Aero Burgundy

Parker Duofold LE Norman Rockwell

Conway Stewart Vintage #58

Pelikan 800 Brown Tortoise

Henry Simpole Jasmin sterling overlay

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Sheaffer Targa Classic 1001 M nib with Sheaffer Skrip Blue

P45 Flighter M nib with Waterman Inspired Blue

P45 Flighter ball point

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q731/AlexRS6/Pen%20Div/sheafftargasig_zpsb1ab9031.jpg

Writing with Parker, Sheaffer, Waterman and Aurora.

Parker Duofold international, M nib, Parker Quink Blue

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

Green Sheaffer PFM I with MB Emerald and Montegrappa Extra 1930 with Carlo Collodi ink

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Lamy 2000, M nib, Quink Blue/Black

EDIT:

...and my Black cased gold trimmed Pelikan m 400 Souveron with a M nib , filled with Pelikan Blue Black. To my taste the Pelikan writing fluid is darker than the Quink Blue/Black;

...and my Waterman Man 100 M nib with Florida Blue for a contrast colour.

Edited by Tom Aquinas

Parker Vacumatic Maxima Emerald Pearl DJ..Fine Nib.... .

Filled with Montblanc Royal Blue Ink..

Fred

Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises.

~ Demosthenes ~

This week's grouping:

- Lamy Vista 1.1 mm with Diamine Bilberry

- Chrome Sheaffer Targa f with Sailor Apricot

- Ocean Blue Lamy AL-Star f with Private Reserve DC Supershow Blue