What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

Waterman 52, red 'woodgrain', extra fine flex nib, filled with Parker Quink Blue; bit of writing practice this morning.

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Burgundy Parker 51 medium nib with Diamine Gray ink

Pilot VP LE 2012 with Diamine Mediterranean Blue ink

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Accompanying other pens.... .

Parker "51" Aerometric Filler..Gold Filled Cap..Black..Fine Nib..Usin'

in The Theatre of The Absurd this morning.... .And Ever-Ready

Lever Filler OD Green Royal Blue and Orange Rings on Cap

Top Blind Cap with Warranted Flexie Stub Nib.... .

Both Filled with Skrip # 24 Blue Black Ink..

Fred

ClueLessNess: There are no stupid questions..but there are

a lot of inquisitive idiots.... .

Only using two in the office today:

Esterbrook J Copper with Diamine Meadow

TWSBI 540 Amber with Diamine Ancient Copper

Today it has been my True Writer Silver Anniversary with fine nib. Pelikan 4001 Blue Black.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I have a matte black Pen & Ink "Sketch" FP that I bought last year that stays with my journal and a Lamy whatsis, the big clear one, is it a Vista? Anyway that's the one I carry around with me, I have Noodler's Concord Bream in it mostly.

It has a medium nib, which makes me sad. Thinking of picking up some other Lamy with a fine nib. I need one that is smaller in diameter.

I have lost my Penguin.

I also have a couple of old MB's and a Mabie Todd Blackbird, but I keep them at my desk as I find the finicky and don't want to convert any of them, so they have to be refilled.

I am impatient and busy and like my modern pens.

So shoot me.

Namiki Vanishing Point 2008 collector's ed., rhodium accents, med nib, and my wonderfully heavy and smooth Aurora 85th ann edition MOP with gold accent fine nib ... and some Caran d Ache pens that I stuck in my bag.

Kate S

LOL - I hear you about the modern pens and refill impatience!! Also - my sympathies on the loss of your Penguin.

I have a matte black Pen & Ink "Sketch" FP that I bought last year that stays with my journal and a Lamy whatsis, the big clear one, is it a Vista? Anyway that's the one I carry around with me, I have Noodler's Concord Bream in it mostly.

It has a medium nib, which makes me sad. Thinking of picking up some other Lamy with a fine nib. I need one that is smaller in diameter.

I have lost my Penguin.

I also have a couple of old MB's and a Mabie Todd Blackbird, but I keep them at my desk as I find the finicky and don't want to convert any of them, so they have to be refilled.

I am impatient and busy and like my modern pens.

So shoot me.

Kate S

Parker Duofold international, M, Parker Quink Blue; notes and scribbles at work

Dragged out and fueled up my M620 Pelikan Stockholm, fine nib, midnight blue Montblanc ink. I forgot just how beautiful the pen looks and how well it writes. Wow.

And for more mundane tasks on a working Saturday, my new Montblanc Brahms BP. I love the flat top and split pocket clip of this model. Really sets it apart from the more common Meisterstuck.

All in all, a good pen day.

Edited by rsx

Dr. Scrawl

Parker IM Premium F with Waterman Brown.

Thoughtcrime does not entail death: thoughtcrime IS death. -- George Orwell

Parker 51, UK manufacture circa 1955, burgandy barrel, gold filled cap, B nib, filled with Quink Blue/Black

Sunday morning writing practice with MB Agatha Christie, F, Iroshizuku Asa-gao.

I'm using my newly acquired Omas Senna Blue Speed which I bought for a very good price from Paco at Cruzaltpens. Like this but dark blue instead of yellow:-

http://www.411pens.com/FinePens/FinePensimages/SennaCart1.jpg

It's a really nice pen although I'm a little disappointed that due to the rather eccentric 'advanced cartridge system' it seems that it won't take a converter and I'll therefore need to use cartridges. (I prefer bottled). It was NOS and comes in a lovely box with superb papers. Although it has a steel nib it writes beautifully (or at least it did when I'd flushed it and got the ink moving properly down the feed!).

I'm now in the market for the more upmarket piston-filling Omas Senna Passion - if anyone has one they want to move on? ;)

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

At work because somebody has to be.

Taccia Overture with a fine nib. A perfectly good pen that doesn't get rotated in very often because I have too many perfectly good pens. Also a Pelikan M205 and an Esterbrook J. That's 60% of the pens that I currently have inked.

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do."

- Benjamin Franklin

POST GOT DUPLICATED SOMEHOW. Mods feel free to delete this one, if it matters.

Edited by ISW_Kaputnik

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do."

- Benjamin Franklin