Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My cheapy but very smooth Schneider iD fountain pen with Diamine cartridge

Also, Faber Castell Loom rollerball and Faber Castell multifunction pen/pencil in pear wood.

My more expensive ones are at home for the moment.

I'm in the process of trying to run some pens dry in order to re-start a rotation. Today started with a black matte Pilot Capless (Aurora Black) that was tempermental near the end. By mid-morning, the Capless had been exhaused and my Aurora Ipsilon (Binder Burgundy) stepped up to the plate. It's pretty well wiped out, and so I've been switching back and forth with a Sheaffer Triumph Imperial (Sailor Sky High). If both end up failing me, I've got a Lamy AL-Star (Sailor Sky High) in reserve. Lots of pen juggling today!

OOOh I just found secreted away in my closet an unopened Rotring Core, just one of the most durable and fun pens to use. I even like the medium point, although I used to carry a fine. Should have stocked up on them--cheap, durable interesting, didn't leak or dry up. In general, another shame about the removal of Rotring from the market. Come to think of it, maybe I'll ink up my hexagonal chrome, and not use the Core. It would be a great gift.

post-95409-0-19463600-1359158065.jpg

Monterverde Prima, Tigers Eye with fine nib and inked with Waterman Florida Blue. As it is also "Burn's Night" in memory of Robert Burns, the Scottish bard, I also treated myself to a wee dram. Please excuse the wayward writing which resulted :happyberet:

Edited by UK Mike

Pens and paper everywhere, yet all our hearts did sink,

Pens and paper everywhere, but not a drop of ink.

"Cursive writing does not mean what I think it does"

post-95409-0-19463600-1359158065.jpg

I also treated myself to a wee dram. Please excuse the wayward writing which resulted

I'll join you and pour a large dram, and cogitate on my next pen.

To your very good health Tom! Slainte!

Pens and paper everywhere, yet all our hearts did sink,

Pens and paper everywhere, but not a drop of ink.

"Cursive writing does not mean what I think it does"

I grabbed all three - Waterman Phileas (F) - 54th Massachusetts, Lamy AL Star (F) - Pelikan 4001 Blue Black, Waterman Phileas (M) - Diamine blue black - The medium nibbed Phileas with the Diamine blue black got most of the use today.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

After a long long time sticking to the Lamy Al-star EF-nib, I come back to my beloved Sheaffer Legacy Heritage (black lacquer) M nib.

:embarrassed_smile:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/sinthavalai/lamy2000.jpg

My fountain pens:

Parker Duofold, Sonnet,Premier

Pelikan Souverän M1000, M800, M805, M600, M400 White tortoise

Sheaffer Legacy Heritage, Valor,

Lamy 2000, Vista, Safari, Joy ,Studio

Montblanc Meisterstück 149, Pilot 78G

I've almost emptied all my rotation pens and only had my Parker 45 flighter deluxe with Parker Penman Sapphire remaining inked. Got a brand new pen Saturday so I loaded it up with ink and have used it all day today. Finally got a Namaki Falcon with at soft (flexy) fine nib. Inked it up from my new bottle of Platinum Carbon Black ink. Very odd for me to buy a black pen and to use black ink!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!