What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

Parker 75, Cross Hatch Pattern Sterling Silver Australian made Cap and Barrel, French 14ct M Nib, filled with Shaeffer Skrip Blue.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Parker Duofold (international, F) remains a very good daily writer. It's just so easy to bring to work and use for notes and little design scribbles (software; databases). Loaded with Parker Quink Blue.

The funny thing is... this pen was pretty much discarded by its previous owner. A friend of my parents, decluttering and throwing stuff out, gave the Duofold to my dad, who gave it to me. At first I was little huffy, as I didn't pick this one myself, it was too light, its nib is wet and almost a (boring) medium, my previous Parker had started leaking, boo, hiss, sputter.

But I was wrong. It's a great pen.

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

2008 Montegrappa Extra 1930 with its medium stub flex nib inked in MB Carlo Collodi Ink

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Looks like today it will be my glossy black Parker Sonnet, medium nib, with Skrip Blue.

Adam

Dayton, OH

It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings.

-- Prov 25:2

#1: My Monteverde Prima blue loaded with a Waterman mix [3 parts Green and 1 part Blue/Black]. This was an impulse buy from the "12 Days of Christmas Sale" at the Fountain Pen Hospital. It recently returned from Georgia after a nib job by Mr. Pendleton Brown. It is a smoooooth writer.

#2: Parker 45--This is a family heirloom pen that I really like in my carry-around notebook. It writes very nicely on Rhodia paper.

#3: My rucksack pen: Lamy Yellow Safari, medium nib, Havana brown.

I have to admit I might be rewriting my "to do list" this morning just to dust off a pen or two.

Packers :gaah:

Vipersdad

Edited by Vipersdad

"Hey, Cameron. You realize if we played by the rules right now we'd be in gym?"

. . . . Ferris B.

Pilot Prera, Vanishing Point and my new (as of today) Hero 100. I really, really love the Hero so far!!!

No, that's not blood. That's Noodler's Antietam.

Limited Edition Ciselle Parker Sonnet , 115th Parker Anniversary, M nib, filled with Quink Blue

2008 Montegrappa Extra 1930 with its medium stub flex nib inked in MB Carlo Collodi Ink

1959 Sheaffer PFMII with its medium nib inked in a mix of Omas blue and Waterman black

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8366/8350506535_18a8569da2_d.jpg

Parker 61 (i960s?) with Lamy Blue - at top

Montblanc Meisterstück 144 (1993) with Montblanc Blue - at bottom

---

Kenneth Moyle

Hamilton, Ontario

MB 144 M nib, inked with Quink Blue.

Backed up with a stainless steel gold trimmed Waterman Hemisphere jotter.

Waterman Expert City Urban in grey! Beautiful pen and simple.

Twsbi 540 Demonstrator.

I have also used 3 separate ball points for my case notes. Does it mean I have a problem given that I used 5 or more pens a day for fun?

Still using my Lamys (I now own 3, thanks to my Uncle), but now in conjunction with a Pilot Coleto 5 gel ink pen, which arrived about an hour and a bit ago..

"Is this thing on??"

BAvMaP-CAAE98h1.jpg

Parker 61 with Lamy Blue.

Required a quick dip into the ink bottle to jump start it; but it's skimming along nicely now. The Parker 61 is, as they say, a jealous pen.

---

Kenneth Moyle

Hamilton, Ontario

Going with one of my favorites. My Momo Rose'. And Visconti Turquoise, classic.

Zak

post-77663-0-56412000-1358366721.jpg

Edited by Zak

Zak Shaffer

www.pentime.com

Wrote in my home journal with my Eversharp Skyline with Namiki Blue. Only took one fountain pen with me when I went out, Pelikan M205 with De Atramentis Gaius Julius Caesar. I do have my usual Fisher Space Pen as an emergency backup.

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do."

- Benjamin Franklin

Accompanying other pens..A

Cross Townsend Lapis Lazuli with medium nib... .

Filled with Yard-O-Led blue-black ink..

Fred

ducks are only marginally more intelligent than a Kardasian... .

these ones, on the road with me in kuala lumpur:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8077/8340622062_97c30d615a_z.jpg

a duofold orange international, a duofold greenwich centennial, a 1938 vacumatic oversize, and a CS churchill.

:puddle: :puddle: :puddle: