What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

I am using:

Waterman Phileas M - Mont Blanc Lavender Purple

Cross Classic Century 14 kt rolled gold- Pelikan 4001 Blue

Baoer 517 - De Atramentis Sherlock Holmes

Vintage Wearever - Private Reserve Chocolat

I am very pleased to say that all but the Baoer are hand-me-downs from my father, who sparked my interest in fountain pens.

Maggie

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy New Year 2013 to FPNers.

Today I used a Lamy Studio 25M to write a check in MB

Midnight Blue Iron Gall ink. Signed it using Sailor PG

in H-B Nib using PR Sherwood Green.

First with a Parker cartridge, now with a converter, I have been using a new Parker I.M.

these past three weeks. The old man would be ashamed to call this a Parker fountain pen.

My Parker I.M. looks cheap and feels cheap. The nib and section appears to be silver-colored

pot metal, like my $4 Jinhao. The Jinhao construction is more solid and substantial. The

Parker I.M. is an economy Chinese pen, with an inflated price. At one fourth the price, my

HERO 616 is a better writer. I will keep the I.M. as reminder of what Parker has become.

I would throw it away, rather than give it to someone.

In Parker fountain pens, I will concentrate my affections on the vintage models of Sonnet and

earlier.

Parker use to be a lot of things I love about writing instruments. Maybe their ink is still

good.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

1970 MB 149 with its fine medium full flex nib inked in private reserve fast dry ultra black

2008 Montegrappa Extra 1930 with its medium stub flex nib inked in waterman havana brown

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

LAMY Safari with Noodler's Sequoia to work on a scene I had meant to get started earlier today... Also, not sure I'm loving this color, inked it to test it out from a sample, but I think I'd like a lighter green.

Platinum 3776 Shoji M nib with J Herbin Éclat Saphir and Lamy Safari 1.1mm Stub nib with Iroshizuku Yama-Budo

2008 Montegrappa Extra 1930 with its medium stub flex nib inked in waterman havana brown

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Pilot Parker 21 loaded with Parker Penman Sapphire... :cloud9:

Note to self... drink coffee, then post on FPN... :embarrassed_smile:

Edited by nana_kathy

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4f_4pakI/AAAAAAAAA14/_d-MITGtqvY/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpgMember since July 2012... so many inks, so little time!

To err is human, to make a real mess, you need a computer.

Lamy 2000 M nib, Quink Blue Black

EDIT

...............and, my 2nd Generation Ciselle Silver Sonnet, M nib, Quink Blue Black.

Edited by Tom Aquinas

Parker Duofold international, M nib, with Parker Quink Blue at work, plus Sailor 1911 full size, F nib, with Private Reserve Dakota Red for adding comments.

Montblanc 146, early 50s, OBB nib, with De Atramentis Johann Sebastian Bach plus Montblanc Agatha Christie, F nib, with Iroshizuku Asa-gao for journaling at home.

(Can't you just use a clear Bic ballpoint?! Look at those lengthy descriptions you need just to tell us what you're using to scribble a few silly notes, thoughts and comments.)

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development