What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

Cross Solo I've had since 1998. Probably the most dependable pen in my collection. I can leave it for months (but I try not to) and it starts writing the instant it hits the paper. Too bad they don't make them anymore, but at least they're widely available on eBay and other places!

post-75948-0-93494000-1351013799.jpg

"A kingdom for a stage, princes to act,

And monarchs to behold the swelling scene!"

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lamy Safari F with Diamine Sargasso Sea

Noodlers Standard Flex with J Herbin 1670 for grading papers

Later model Sterling Silver Cross Hatch Parker 75 , 14 ct French m nib Skrip Blue.

MB 144 m nib, Blue Quink. :meow:

Bexley Imperial with a Mottishaw'ed cursive italic, primed with Noodler's Blue American Eel.

<span style='font-size: 12px;'><span style='font-family: Trebuchet MS'><span style='color: #0000ff'><strong class='bbc'>Mitch</strong></span><span style='color: #0000ff'>

=======

http://exploratorius.us

Today, this very moment, I use a Montblanc 32 (passed over to me from my father) and a Montblanc Meisterstück 144 bordeaux.

I forgot about the Guiliano Mazzuoli Micrometer in Bronze I was carrying around earlier, too.

-Andy

Edited by andrew98

Lamy Vista 1.1 with Cryptic Laviathon

Schrade tactical fountain pen with visconti blue

TWSBI broad with lamy black

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Multa ante mortem ni moritur,

Fortes numquam mors semel

- William Shakespeare

I'm using a Pair of Preras.

Having read high praise for these pens on FPN, when it came to giving my daughter a fountain pen for uni. I decided on a Dark Brown (she thinks Mum's Pink pen is too girly)with a F. She's been using a Jotter FP with a F since Sixth Form and mentioned she'd like a finer nib. Pen arrived from Cult Pens in a flash just before we got an email from guess-who praising the EF nib in the Sonnet she'd found on eBay.

Now what? I decided to keep the pen, despite the F being a bit too sharp for me. I love the pen in the hand; beautifully balanced, nice dry line, good starter etc. Thing is, I just don't like the colour. It's nearly black. Which makes it neither one nor t'other. Annoying. Nothing for it, back to CP and get a Slate Grey with a M.

post-83583-0-71228500-1351088685.jpg

Love it. Bought a bottle of Diamine Grey to set it off. I haven't made up my mind about the nibs. Both give me pleasure, I'm wallowing in a euphoria of cursive joy (Blimey, that's a bit flowery even for me). They're easy to swap, BTW, friction fit, be gentle. I can't make up my mind . . . so, I'm going to let you guys do it for me. I'll send the Brown with whichever nib chosen to any member with a pony to spare (I'll cover P & P in the UK, split the difference overseas). Please note the cap posted has already (since Saturday last) started marking the barrel - it doesn't bother me but best mentioned, I think.

Tally Ho!

Arjay.

Awesome! And thanks for the note! That pen writes beautifully! I'll write back Saturday. Glad to see you back in ink!

Bexley Imperial with a Mottishaw'ed cursive italic, primed with Noodler's Blue American Eel.

Dave M

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do."

Benjamin Franklin

US author, diplomat, inventor, physicist, politician, & printer (1706 - 1790)

This week I'm using a MB149 with stub nib filled with Diamine Evergreen.

But today, a work colleague finally brought in her "similar pen like yours, Floyd" for me to look at. It turns out to be a MB146 m nib, which she has never used - it was given to her by one of her (rich) friends who saw no use for it :headsmack:

She's had it in her possession for over 2-3 years, never been inked. I have not really tried out the MB146 so I filled it up (with her permission of course) and I've been using all of today.

She was very chuffed when I told her how much she could get for the pen and even more if she could find the box and papers for it.

So today I've actually been using a MB146 m nib. It actually felt better in my hand than my 149... :hmm1:

F

Nervous? No, I'm just thinking...

Still the trusty Parker 75 medium nib with Iroshizuku Asa-gao for notes etc. I've also put my Sailor 1911 with fine nib into rotation: I needed a pen with a (very) fine nib and red ink (Private Reserve Dakota Red) to add comments to printed documents.

It's been a while since I used the Sailor, but I'm beginning to appreciate its exquisitely fine nib again.

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

Awesome! And thanks for the note! That pen writes beautifully! I'll write back Saturday. Glad to see you back in ink!

You're welcome! I look forward to your written response!

<span style='font-size: 12px;'><span style='font-family: Trebuchet MS'><span style='color: #0000ff'><strong class='bbc'>Mitch</strong></span><span style='color: #0000ff'>

=======

http://exploratorius.us

Gold plated Mabie Swan (circa 1917) M nib, Quink Blue Black

Gold plated Waterman Gentleman M nib , South Sea Blue

Edison Herald in blue/gold swirl acrylic.

post-75948-0-00892800-1351272388.jpg

"A kingdom for a stage, princes to act,

And monarchs to behold the swelling scene!"

Later production Australian made sterling cap and barrel Parker 75, U.S. made m nib with Skrip blue

MB Solitaire ball pen black m refill