What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

Into Pelikan:

early M400 B-nib at work

vintage 400 at home

Both inked with 4001 Royal Blue

There are more things in heaven and earth, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ist generation Sterling Silver Parker 75 with M nib, Skrip Blue and it's poor cousin Parker VP, F nib, with Quink Blue Black.

Newly acquired Esterbrook J with Florida Blue! :)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind -Romans 12:2

Work: pilot 78G w fine nib and pilot black cartridge. Pilot 78G w medium nib and Watermans Intense Black. (+ an assortment of BPs and pilot G2s)

Home: more than I dare say. :)

Edited by lemanfan

I've got three pens out at work today, and keep switching between them. Makes for interesting looking notes as I have different inks in each.

Sailor 1911

Kaweco Sport

Pilot VP

:cloud9:

None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try.

Mark Twain

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

So far, today, my Parker Vector with Pharmacist's Turkish Night in my journal, to finish out the fill -- when it's empty I will flush it out well and then decide what to try in it next in a day or two.

Probably, in a bit, the Noodler's Konrad with Kung Te Cheng to write bills, and Noodler's Flex Piston with Liberty's Elysium for general writing.

Not sure if I'll pull out anything else today, although I really need to finish up the current fills in the two Platinum Preppies (Noodler's Black and Private Reserve Invincible Black) at some point, so I can clean them out and refill with them with two other black samples for purposes of my rolllerball ink tests. But the weather isn't really co-operating (who ELSE but me would be complaining about sunny, dry, comfortable weather.... :rolleyes: ).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Today inked up and in use:

TWSBI 530 fine Clear - Noodlers Turquoise

TWSBI 540 extra fine Clear - Diamine Mediterranean Blue

MontBlanc Mike Matuyama extra fine 146 - Parker Quink Blue Black

Pelikan 200 PB butter stub Green swirl - PB Blackya

Newton Big Blue extra fine - Diamine Mediterranean Blue

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

The only pen I have right now, which would be the Parker Jotter. It should only be a couple more days (I'm developing an obsession with tracking numbers, unfortunately...) but when they're here, my dip pens will be very happy to be added to my collection of 1.

Pilot Vanishing Point, Black Matte finish, fine point, with black Pilot cartridge - durable metal body, one handed operation - my everyday work pen!

Dr. Scrawl

Blue Lamy AL-Star with Diamine Majestic Blue, stainless steel Sheaffer 444 with Delta Red, and (recently received) stainless steel Sheaffer Targa with Binder Burgundy.

I've got five inked up today, a mix of vintage Waterman and modern Italian pens:

Waterman No. 7 with Red nib - Visconti Blue

Waterman 452 in Gothic pattern - Waterman Florida Blue

Tibaldi Iride - "Binder Burgundy"

Omas Paragon Blue Royale Celluloid - Iroshizuki Tsuki-Yo

Stipula Novocento (Elettra Blue) - Iroshizuki Asa-Gao

My new Stipula for Mertcury - Montegrappa Blue

TWSBI 540 - Noodlers Liberty Elyseum (I love this color!)

Lamy Saferi - Lamy Blue (always ready)

A nce day to you all!

LBj

Favorite of the day: Nakaya Naka-ai Heki tame.

Pilot Vanishing Point M with Pilot Blue

Esterbrook J (1551) with Noodler's Black

Parker Jotter M Stub with Parker Quink Blue-Black

Parker Reflex F with Parker Quink Green

Lamy Vista B with Sheaffer Skrip Red

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

Ist generation new series marbled blue Centennial Duofold F nib, Sailor Jentle Blue/Black

My new Sailor Young Profit (F). This was initially disappointing. The pen feels like a cheap Chinese pen (my 78Gs feel more substantial!) and the pen had such a stingy flow it barely wrote. I flushed. Tried the converter, tried a cartridge . . . no dice. Ended up sticking a thin sheet of plastic between the nib and the feed and voila! It writes. It's ridiculous how smooth the fine nib is and how wet it's writing now. It's bringing out a lot from Sailor Blue Black. :) The pen still feels plasticky and cheap (and I paid $39 for it including shipping), but at least it writes like a champ.

Esterbrook J green loaded with Noodler Ottoman Azure

Sheaffer Snorkel Clipper loaded with Noodler Midnight Blue

Parker Vacumatic loaded with Diamine Ox Blood