NAVY Fleet pens

hari317

I am looking for more information about the NAVY pen company, an example of which I found recently here in India. The pics are posted here in the photography forum.

I read from Stan's prev post (past Japanese pens) that NAVY was indeed a Japanese company. More information about the company and the pen model itself is welcome.

Thanks in Advance,

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• stan

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking for more information about the NAVY pen company, an example of which I found recently here in India. The pics are posted here in the photography forum.

I read from Stan's prev post (past Japanese pens) that NAVY was indeed a Japanese company. More information about the company and the pen model itself is welcome.

Thanks in Advance,

Hari

All I can tell is is that the model in question is from the early 1960s when, at the time, Navy was almost out of business. I note that seeing many many Japanese pens from the 1950s, I do not recall seeing any Navy pens I can accurately date from that period. I have two (had more) Navy pens from pre-war. The only post-war Navy pens I see are similar to that you have.

They show up on Yahoo Japan regularly. I think they are all from one seller who might have stock from an old stationary shop.

Regards.

stan

Formerly Ryojusen Pens
The oldest and largest buyer and seller of vintage Japanese pens in America.

Member: Pen Collectors of America & Fuente, THE Japanese Pen Collectors Club

All I can tell is is that the model in question is from the early 1960s when, at the time, Navy was almost out of business. I note that seeing many many Japanese pens from the 1950s, I do not recall seeing any Navy pens I can accurately date from that period. I have two (had more) Navy pens from pre-war. The only post-war Navy pens I see are similar to that you have.

They show up on Yahoo Japan regularly. I think they are all from one seller who might have stock from an old stationary shop.

Regards.

Stan, thanks for the inputs. This pen I found from a vintage pen dealer. He also had a large stock of nibs made by NAVY which resembled the Sheaffer Triumph nib (conical) with shiro nib type breather holes.

Regards,

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the photo of the nib I was talking about, bought it just to share here. :)

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/hari317/Navy%20G200/IMG_2435.jpg