Cross ball pen disassembly

katzenrolli

Is it possible to disassemble a Cross (gold Classic Century) ball pen so as to re-form a dent. I am quite capable of the re-forming work if only I could work out how to disassemble the mechanism. For instance do you need to obtain or make a special tool/mandrel. Any guidance would be much appreciated. :hmm1: Thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• katzenrolli

• jicaino

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Use a pair of nylow jaw pliers and unscrew the chrome cone shaped piece at the writing end. You might wanna take the cap off (as if you were about to replace the refill) after you turned it so the refill is ready to write. Then insert a piece of solid brass or aluminum or even a hard plastic would do, and burnish out the dent (previously you can remove it with a ball shaped tool). Good and cheap burnisher here: http://www.musicmedic.com/catalog/products/tool-d200.html (no affiliation other than a happy customer's)

Please don't send PM's, use my e-mail instead. Thanks!

Use a pair of nylow jaw pliers and unscrew the chrome cone shaped piece at the writing end. You might wanna take the cap off (as if you were about to replace the refill) after you turned it so the refill is ready to write. Then insert a piece of solid brass or aluminum or even a hard plastic would do, and burnish out the dent (previously you can remove it with a ball shaped tool). Good and cheap burnisher here: http://www.musicmedic.com/catalog/products/tool-d200.html (no affiliation other than a happy customer's)

Thanks very much indeed. the chrome end came off nicely and I shall get on with burnishing out the dent - thanks for the link.

BTW how does the other end come off? I have tried turning the black plastic end and the inner piece also turns, bit to no effect - sofar. Does the inner assembly need to be secured somehow so as to unscrew it?

I was very unwilling to proceed with any of this without advice because it's so easy to mess things up in ignorance. Knowledge is power !!?

Once again - many thanks :thumbup: